Stewards Re Disabled

les

• Members

Or alternatively the steward should get punted immediately and all other stewards told exactly what they need to do not just for him and his kids but for every paying customer at Firhill.

Yep and that's it isn't it. If you sack someone, you have to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed. But as Blackpool Jag also pointed out earlier on, the Stewards also run the risk of getting the Club into trouble if they don't handle these situations properly. It can work either way therefore there has to be some kind of a compromise.

• Members
I also try get up a row or two just for a slightly better view , in fact every week when the drugs start wearing off and iv to get back down im struggling I say to dan why did I do this . you may as well be sitting in outer space sitting in the front row the view you get lol. End of the day we all love this club I'm only asking for a little understanding and support getting to sit down and watch my team with my family The stewards seen to make it a personal matter. Iv sent an e mail late last night as I needed to collect my thoughts before sending still ended up a rant tbh lol

Hence why I suggested the JHS beside the opening. Better view, no steps and little danger of being struck with the ball. It was only a suggestion though.

You've lost me there Norge? I asked a question, not making a suggestion.

p.s. To those that haven't noticed or aren't reading properly, Les is female!

Sorry WillJag quoted the wrong post was meant to be the "Don't get me wrong Les. I have my sympathies with you. However, if it's causing so much distress to you and no doubt upsetting your 3 kids, I'd be looking for an alternative."

I just don't believe that Les should be having to move with her family due to an over zealous steward, the over zealous steward should be removed.

Its Les in this instance but who will be the next person or persons, the steward in question is not carrying out their own and their employers duty of care, and by getting away with it and winning their perceived victory by Les moving, they will move onto the next person.

Edited by Norgethistle

I appreciate your suggestion will jag. But as iv said before. I was missing a lot of games when I did go to the jhs. Here are my main problems

1 getting there

2 these seats are not that easy to get

3 the foyer is a problem there are at times crush points

4 I can't go on busy match days because to put a finer point on it if I fall and break my pelvis (which I have done in the past it could be fatal. That foyer gets terrible on busy match days I was getting bumped in to I'm not that stable on my feet

5 in the event if a fire / emergency in foyer I would imagine fans would be guided on to the pitch. That's not safe for someone who has mobility issues getting down all those stairs

6 if it does not bother anyone in the north stand as far as im aware and the boys are well behaved 7 , why should I change stands (which solves a multitude of problems fir me ) and cause my self all sorts of problems missing games etc because a steward is so arrogant and pig headed he will not listen to what the club he is employed with is saying and takes it upon him self to stop me

I really don't get any if your points. Iv told you this is the easiest and safest place for me to be, as discussed with Ian maxwell. We had lengthy correspondence about the pros and cons. And this was thought to be the best solution ! A steward has no right to make comments or think he should make the rules at the club ! Then queries my integrity and my disability The real point here is the harassment I'm getting from a steward not where I should be sitting

• Members

They weren't points Les, they were suggestions to an alternative that would perhaps suit all sides.

You seem to think I'm trying to have a go at you. I'm not. Apologies if I'm coming across that way. I just think there's way more to this situation than initially meets the eye. For instance in your point 5 about an emergency situation, I hadn't considered that, it's a good point. It's equally valid though, if you're 4 rows up or 40 rows up.

I also Ian Maxwell have my doubts that Ian Maxwell is best placed to judge where someone should sit from a H&S point of view. I'd be interested to find out just how much training the stewards have had since it's been known where we were going to be playing this season. I know all stewards have to have some form of training before they are allowed to work, but I'm curious to just how much training they have specific to Partick Thistle.

Sorry will jag as someone who struggles with stairs believe me there is a big difference between 4 Stairs and 40 stairs. I know my capabilities it is a lit easier to get out the north stand with less people in it than the jhs. But as I said this is not the issue iv had lengthy correspondence with the club and this was decided between us to be the best solution , Iain is my point of contact with the club. And if its not why are other disabled fans put in the north stand? The point is iv had this wonderful solution to my problems given to me by the club. Which im grateful for i cant fault the club . point I think your missing is a steward has took it upon himself to harass me about it. Honestly where I sit is really between me and the club. Not the stewards !!

Honestly where I sit is really between me and the club. Not the stewards !!

For Health & Safety, emergency evacuation, it is down to the stewards though, acting on behalf of the club. That is exactly what they are there for. Don't let the problem with one steward colour your perception of the stewards actual job.

From what you've said, none of that has anything to do with why this steward is giving you grief though.

An email to Ian Maxwell just to let him know of the issue and a letter of complaint to whoever it is who is providing the stewards at Firhill (do you know the name or number of the guy who has hassling you?), and that should be enough to sort it. Good luck!

• Members

Sorry will jag as someone who struggles with stairs believe me there is a big difference between 4 Stairs and 40 stairs. I know my capabilities it is a lit easier to get out the north stand with less people in it than the jhs. But as I said this is not the issue iv had lengthy correspondence with the club and this was decided between us to be the best solution , Iain is my point of contact with the club. And if its not why are other disabled fans put in the north stand? The point is iv had this wonderful solution to my problems given to me by the club. Which im grateful for i cant fault the club . point I think your missing is a steward has took it upon himself to harass me about it. Honestly where I sit is really between me and the club. Not the stewards !!

The point about the stairs though is that it's not all about you. Folk wont wait for you to move if there's a fire or something, that's a certainty. If you are slow, you are stopping others making a safe escape. Second highlighted point as Soulful Jag says, is entirely an issue for the Stewards.

I really take your point. About health and safety and stewards But I'm sitting with other disabled fans , I'm over 16. I do Not pose any additional health and safety issues. It's my boys getting in that seem to annoy him and be the problem. It's a brilliant gesture by the club to keep a family together at games which I can't express enough gratitude for. The point is not health and safety or where I sit. Its the fact that the club have given me permission for my boys to sit in a srand and this individual has harassed me for a year about it. We cause no extra health and safety issues . There are quite a few disabled fans who sit in the north stand. And my boys are 22, 14 and 15 who are more capable and sensible than mist adults I know

For Health & Safety, emergency evacuation, it is down to the stewards though, acting on behalf of the club. That is exactly what they are there for. Don't let the problem with one steward colour your perception of the stewards actual job.

From what you've said, none of that has anything to do with why this steward is giving you grief though.

An email to Ian Maxwell just to let him know of the issue and a letter of complaint to whoever it is who is providing the stewards at Firhill (do you know the name or number of the guy who has hassling you?), and that should be enough to sort it. Good luck!

The stewards job and responsibility is to ensure the clubs health and safety procedure (Established via a risk assessment from a deemed competent person or persons) is enforced, it is not their job to deviate from it or determine their own.

Individual judgement deviating from the risk assessment causes incidents and accidents.

If the risk assessment states that folk with impaired movement are only allowed in certain sections, than that's what needs to be enforced BUT i doubt as to that is the situation as plenty of the older generation are allowed access to the JHS with walking sticks as well as the main stand, as are infants. In areas that are deemed a risk they would not be able to gain access there (Think emergency exit seats on a plane, or fire exit windows in an office etc etc), the roll of a steward is also to assist when in an emergency situation that the mobility impaired can be helped via the nearest safest exit. That should be part of their training, and where I state assist that does not mean going back into a dangerous situation (Fire in a building etc) as that is the roll of the emergency services.

Has there been any word back from the club to folk who contacted them about this?

I emailed Ian on Sunday with a link to this topic, urging him to do what he could to sort it out. I didn't seek or expect a response. Having said that, a word of acknowledgement would have been polite. Given the well publicised issues with PTFC's staff's workload over recent months, I'm not surprised Ian doesn't have time for such niceties.

Can I just clarify. The stewards have no problem with me or my mobility issues in the main stand. There is no health and safety problem. Though I do appreciate how important hs is. This is about me getting my boys in to a stand I have permission to do so and have done for a year. This is about a steward calling me a liar , that I send e mails to my self pretending they are from the club A steward who thought it was ok to intimidate a mobility impaired woman then question my disability ! To leave my boys out with away fans. Then not allow my carer in . Who does most of this every game. The boys will soon be able to come in to the north stand in their own righ but that does not solve my problem with this individual Who seems to resent our family watching games together in the easiest safest stand

• Members

t

Can I just clarify. The stewards have no problem with me or my mobility issues in the main stand. There is no health and safety problem. Though I do appreciate how important hs is. This is about me getting my boys in to a stand I have permission to do so and have done for a year. This is about a steward calling me a liar , that I send e mails to my self pretending they are from the club A steward who thought it was ok to intimidate a mobility impaired woman then question my disability ! To leave my boys out with away fans. Then not allow my carer in . Who does most of this every game. The boys will soon be able to come in to the north stand in their own righ but that does not solve my problem with this individual Who seems to resent our family watching games together in the easiest safest stand

Ok. So the issue is with the Steward not being happy about your kids getting into the North Stand? That wasn't clear from the first post. If as the Steward claimed, there are fans complaining about your boys getting in the North Stand, hopefully they'll see this thread and think twice about what they are complaining to the Stewards about.

I do hope it gets resolved amicably.

tOk. So the issue is with the Steward not being happy about your kids getting into the North Stand? That wasn't clear from the first post. If as the Steward claimed, there are fans complaining about your boys getting in the North Stand, hopefully they'll see this thread and think twice about what they are complaining to the Stewards about.

I do hope it gets resolved amicably.

It seems to me that as Les has permission from the club to sit where she is most comfortable and with her carer/family, the only way this will be resolved is the removal of the steward involved.

My first posts were il admit very jumbled and ranty. I was do angry . There were many issues on Saturday health and safety were not one of them though. This steward hates that my boys get in and he was not personally consulted. He called me a liar , he questioned my disability I hack Ian maxwells e mail account. My carer was denied access None of this was the clubs doing this was one individual who took it upon him self to start a year long vendetta against me and my family He seems truly disgusted no one consulted him. It's quite pathetic . Like someone before said he should have looked at e mail confirmed it and accepted it been a steward and have been willing to assist me as a fan. His pride is dented for some reason. Either way I can't face coming on Saturday and the club may have lost four loyal st holders My boys and I will take time to discuss the situation And make our minds up once we calm down and see what is going to be done about this

Unfortunately or fortunately the club are responsible legally and morally for their employees, even if these are employees are via a sub contracted firm.

If this has been going on for a year then this is a lot more serious than it initially appeared, I would urge you (If fit enough) to phone Ian Maxwell and report it properly to ensure he knows about it it and your mail doesn't get lost under the 100's of others that a general manager will have on a daily basis, may also be worth registering a formal complaint with Sporting Solutions and CC the club into the mail

• Like 1

Unfortunately or fortunately the club are responsible legally and morally for their employees, even if these are employees are via a sub contracted firm.

If this has been going on for a year then this is a lot more serious than it initially appeared, I would urge you (If fit enough) to phone Ian Maxwell and report it properly to ensure he knows about it it and your mail doesn't get lost under the 100's of others that a general manager will have on a daily basis, may also be worth registering a formal complaint with Sporting Solutions and CC the club into the mail

Spot on. The club, who are now aware of this, must insist that the steward in question is not seen again at Firhill - NO compromise on this point. His employer, SS or whoever, needs to demonstrate to PTFC that they are investigating the matter as a disciplinary case and that they will be taking appropriate action pending the facts which emerge from the investigation. However, they must assure the club that the individual will not be working at our place at any time in the future.

As a responsible service provider Sporting Solutions must, without undue delay, apologise directly to both Les and the club, offering an unconditional assurance that there will be NO repetition of the unacceptable treatment of Les by one of their employees. Anything short of this must result in the club seriously reviewing the service level agreement which exists between the two parties.