15-20 Goal A Season Strikers In The Spl 2008-2009 To 2012-2013

jagfox

2008/2009 3 players scored 15 goals or more.

Boyd - Dead Teds

Scott McDonald -Plastics

Samaras - Plastics

2009/2010 3 players scored 15 goals or more.

Boyd - Dead Teds

Stokes - Hibernian

Kenny Miller - Dead Teds

2010/2011 7 players scored 15 goals or more.

Kenny Miller - Dead Teds

Hooper - Plastics

Goodwillie - DABs

Jelavic - Dead Teds

Adam Rooney - I.C.T.

Connor Sammon - Killie

Stokes - Plastics

2011/2012 2 players scored 15 goals or more.

Hooper - Celtic

Daly - DABs

2012/2013 5 players scored 15 goals or more.

Higdon - Motherwell

Leigh Griffiths - Hibernian

McKay - I.C.T.

McGinn - Aberdeen

Hooper - Celtic

We are unlikely to have this mythical 15-20 goal a season striker in our midst. Doolan hovered around the 15 goal mark in the First Division.

Of those that reached that magic target hardly any remain at their parent club. Even the Plastics only have Stokes of those that have figured.

Of those to reach 15 goals last season only McGinn and McKay remain at their clubs for now.

Just saying like ;)

• Like 2

2008/2009 3 players scored 15 goals or more.

Boyd - Dead Teds

Scott McDonald -Plastics

Samaras - Plastics

2009/2010 3 players scored 15 goals or more.

Boyd - Dead Teds

Stokes - Hibernian

Kenny Miller - Dead Teds

2010/2011 7 players scored 15 goals or more.

Kenny Miller - Dead Teds

Hooper - Plastics

Goodwillie - DABs

Jelavic - Dead Teds

Adam Rooney - I.C.T.

Connor Sammon - Killie

Stokes - Plastics

2011/2012 2 players scored 15 goals or more.

Hooper - Celtic

Daly - DABs

2012/2013 5 players scored 15 goals or more.

Higdon - Motherwell

Leigh Griffiths - Hibernian

McKay - I.C.T.

McGinn - Aberdeen

Hooper - Celtic

We are unlikely to have this mythical 15-20 goal a season striker in our midst. Doolan hovered around the 15 goal mark in the First Division.

Of those that reached that magic target hardly any remain at their parent club. Even the Plastics only have Stokes of those that have figured.

Of those to reach 15 goals last season only McGinn and McKay remain at their clubs for now.

Just saying like ;)

Samaras?

Just saying like..........

It's not a 15-20 goal striker we need as such. We need to replace the 10 goals Erskine scored and the 12 that Craig scored. If Higginbotham, Baird, Doolan & Lawless chip in with 8-10 goals each along with a few from others then we'll be fine. I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating but we are. It's just that these chances aren't been converted at the moment & the longer that goes the more twitchy fans and players alike get.

In realty we will be looking at winning 10-12 games this season with hopefully the same amount of draws. That ahould see us okay. Our top scorer may only get 7 or 8. goals with a couple getting close to that. It is feasible that Muirhead could finish our top scorer but we still stay up, I'd take that right now :D

Holding on to leads is a bigger concern for me at the moment. Goals will come, how many I'm not sure but we won't be re-writing the club history ;)

I think trotter's assessment is right. I sometimes come away from games thinking the attacking midfielders need to work on their shooting but then remember there have been more than a few terrific saves from opposition keepers to balance that out. I really think we've just been unlucky in this respect. My main concerns about chances we create (or lack thereof) is from o'donnell not being able to get crosses past the first defender and ATS over hitting them. Also very poor set piece delivery from pretty much anyone that's had a go, including Forbes.

How many did burns and hardie get in our first spl season last time, and then Grady the second? Grady in particular would have been dynomite in this team. I really hoped Baird would turn out to be off his mould but its not happened at all.

Thank you, Jagfox :thumbsup2:

Maybe now some folk that are going on about our inability/culpability to sign/in not having signed the mythical striker will at last realise we could never have afforded him. Of course, some will continue to ignore.

Just for accuracy I would say two goals from set pieces. Muirhead's penalty came from Hearts being unable to deal with a corner. But the point certainly stands. ,

Was a genuine question about our scorers totals last time, I don't know off top of my head. Grady's goals didn't keep us up but he is exactly the type of player this team needs imo, contrary to the constant shouts for the mythical big strong striker. Like I said, it's a shame Baird hasn't as yet turned out to offer a Grady type role but to be honest I can see why Archie took a punt on him. I think it's obvious Archie knows we need to strengthen up front and I'm happy enough to sit on it until the transfer window allows him to make a move for a different option.

Personally I'd have liked to see duggan from the under 20's get a bench slot at least in the cup games we've had. Also, what the fcuk is happening with mukendi? I've only seen ten mins of him v ayr, is he really so pish that he doesn't merit a chance off the bench in the league?

If we are getting this many set pieces and not scoring then it makes sense to play someone who can take them. IMO Frasers delivery from set pieces is the best I've seen from a thistle player. At County he whipped in about 4 or 5 excellent corners in a row and it led to a goal. Would it be worth bringing him back for this aspect of his game? The rest of his game is also very good so it wouldn't be bringing him in just for the sake of corners.

The problem is who to drop? I think Bannigan needs a reminder he hasn't made it yet and needs to work hard. So I'd drop him. But I wouldn't drop Osbourne or Welsh. So where does Fraser play. Tough one. Maybe bringing Forbes in is a better option, we scored a fair amount from his corners last season.