Crazy Suggestion I Know But...

The Big Man

With Firhill getting turned into a shithole by our board, would it not make sense for us to build a 6-8000k stadium in conjuction with Maryhill Juniors ? Or maybe sell firhill, buy lochburn and renovate to 6-8000k stadium ? Like i said crazy suggestion but why the hell not have both teams play in the same new stadium with Maryhill possibly being our feeder team.

With Firhill getting turned into a shithole by our board, would it not make sense for us to build a 6-8000k stadium in conjuction with Maryhill Juniors ? Or maybe sell firhill, buy lochburn and renovate to 6-8000k stadium ? Like i said crazy suggestion but why the hell not have both teams play in the same new stadium with Maryhill possibly being our feeder team.

might be a good suggestion, but 3 questions

1. who would buy Firhill?

2. what is it's worth?

3. is lochburn feasable for car parking, access etc?

In principal the suggestion isn't that daft but the amount of obstacles that would arise if we attempted this would probably kill it dead in the water e.g. access to Lochburn park, parking, do Maryhill actually own their ground, is there sufficient land available to build a 6 - 8 thousand stadium, would the selling of Firhill generate enough money to pay off our debt and build anew and of course the biggie - would the council actually grant us planning permission this time?

All in all nice idea but I can't see any chance of it coming to pass.

... do Maryhill actually own their ground ...

No they don't. The ground, together with the surrounding industrial park, is privately owned by a private property developer (now largely retired) who lives overseas. I understand that he leases the park to Maryhill Juniors for a token sum. There was talk of selling the whole site a few years ago for housing, one of the conditions being that Maryhill Juniors were re-located to a purpose built ground, but the property crash hit and, so far as I'm aware, it never got out of the starting blocks.

No they don't. The ground, together with the surrounding industrial park, is privately owned by a private property developer (now largely retired) who lives overseas. I understand that he leases the park to Maryhill Juniors for a token sum. There was talk of selling the whole site a few years ago for housing, one of the conditions being that Maryhill Juniors were re-located to a purpose built ground, but the property crash hit and, so far as I'm aware, it never got out of the starting blocks.

Well that blows that suggestion out the window. Maybe Ashfield would be the next logical place to look if they ever decided to pursue this as a way forward ?