Ian Redford

wes

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts with him and his family.

Reading between the lines (and I may be wrong), the reports seem to suggest that Ian was alone when he died. I interpret that as a suggestion of suicide. Like the father who urged us all not to drink and drive after the death of his son, I'd like to say to all young men in Scotland that you're not alone and there is always someone to talk to. Too many men die in Scotland this way and I have experience of this with friends and colleagues.

Big men do cry and they do ask for help. And us guys will help if you need it.

May he rest in peace.

• Like 3

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts with him and his family.

Reading between the lines (and I may be wrong), the reports seem to suggest that Ian was alone when he died. I interpret that as a suggestion of suicide. Like the father who urged us all not to drink and drive after the death of his son, I'd like to say to all young men in Scotland that you're not alone and there is always someone to talk to. Too many men die in Scotland this way and I have experience of this with friends and colleagues.

Big men do cry and they do ask for help. And us guys will help if you need it.

May he rest in peace.

It is a nice sentiment and indeed well put. Ian was actually in what is now the most common age group to commit suicide in Scotland. You are right that, there is always other choices out there and people that will listen.

Shame there haven't been more replies to this.

However, each of us have tragedy in our lives and tragic as Ian's death is, it doesn't really touch a lot of us on a certain level. I don't imagine too many of us saw him play in the flesh given his playing career centred around the years we were exiled to Division one. He had no Thistle connection as well. The death of the two young footballers form Edinburgh was in a sense more tragic but they weren't mentioned that much on the forum either. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time though.