Erskine Back

CCjag

Fantastic, although the big fella has still to prove that he can do it at the higher level, but he now gives us a goal threat from midfield. Maybe this will finally shut the "Archie out" brigade up. Never in a month of Sundays imagined that McNamara would let him come back here so fair play to him. Sometimes a player is destined to play for one club only and I think Chris and the Jags are that fit

Edited by Lindau

In response to DUFCfan, your talking out your arse. Chris was not givin the chance to show his talents, two games running he played, two flipping games. If it wasn't for your shitty arrogant support he would have been a star performer for yous. Since the first Inverness Caley game you got on his back. I've been a few times to watch him and the abuse I heard while there is unreal. Typical example at the weekend, he played not bad, put a few good balls through for GMS but the wee shite runs offside. Did he get the abuse for that, or any other time he lost the ball ? NO DID HE HELL. Same with Armstrong when he came on, lost the ball a few times but still got no abuse. Macnamara has split his squad, another two players away on holiday today. DID YOu KNOW THAT ? Get your heads out your arse and realise that your team isn't that good. I know when Chris loan spell ends, I won't be back to that shithole of a stadium you have.

I'm glad and proud he's back where he's loved.

I can assure you, I'm most certainly not talking out my arse. There's a reason he's not been able to get a run in the team - anytime he's played, he's been phucking hopeless! He runs 5 yards and as soon as he comes up against a defender, instead of showing a bit of bottle and taking on the defender, he turns around, attempts to play the ball backwards and passes it straight to an opposition player. He refuses to track back, takes no responsibility on the ball, gives the ball away at every opportunity and is slower than a month of Sundays.

I don't agree with the fans that get on his back (and it's nowhere near as widespread as you make out) but there is a reason that he gets the stick while guys like GMS, Armstrong etc. don't - because while from time to time, these boys give the ball away, they are generally very productive players and are capable of making things happen for the team. Erskine, on the other hand, loses the ball and does NOTHING productive whenever he get's in the team. I too, am glad he's back where he's loved and would like to be proven wrong when it comes to him, but whenever he's pulled on a United shirt, he's been absolutely Shite!!!

As for calling our stadium a shithole, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That death-trap of a main stand at Firhill is hands down the worst stand at any stadium in this country, an opinion shared by many supporters of many different clubs.

Edited by DUFCFAN

I can assure you, I'm most certainly not talking out my arse. There's a reason he's not been able to get a run in the team - anytime he's played, he's been phucking hopeless! He runs 5 yards and as soon as he comes up against a defender, instead of showing a bit of bottle and taking on the defender, he turns around, attempts to play the ball backwards and passes it straight to an opposition player. He refuses to track back, takes no responsibility on the ball, gives the ball away at every opportunity and is slower than a month of Sundays.

I don't agree with the fans that get on his back (and it's nowhere near as widespread as you make out) but there is a reason that he gets the stick while guys like GMS, Armstrong etc. don't - because while from time to time, these boys give the ball away, they are generally very productive players and are capable of making things happen for the team. Erskine, on the other hand, loses the ball and does NOTHING productive whenever he get's in the team. I too, am glad he's back where he's loved and would like to be proven wrong when it comes to him, but whenever he's pulled on a United shirt, he's been absolutely Shite!!!

As for calling our stadium a shithole, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That death-trap of a main stand at Firhill is hands down the worst stand at any stadium in this country, an opinion shared by many supporters of many different clubs.

He had. a shit game against Inverness 2nd game of the season, he admitted that, but nobody deserves the abuse he got.

Since then he had 15 mins against St MIrren where he scored. Shoved into a team with 8 changes against St Johnstone where the whole team were bloody crap and again singled out.

Benched again for the next game when Utd were shit again.

Got a start against Thistle.last week were he played as well as the rest and merited his start on Saturday.

Few good runs, through balls, fighting for the ball etc.

Did not deserve to be subbed 10 mins into second half but I'm glad he was. The team lost another two goals after he was taken off, if he had stayed on he would probably got the blame for them as well

Have you seen the defending leading up to and after the penalty? Two going for the same ball then statues as the Killie player picks up the rebound...............A DEBACLE. :dancing:

So the other 89 minutes count for nothing. I slated Balatoni for his part in it but for the other 89 minutes the defence was pretty solid and the fact that Boyd never got a sniff on Saturday bar the one on one on Galls, shows how well the defence played. This is a thread about Chris Erskine so will refrain from mentioning the defence on it again

Edited by Lindau

welcome home chris, the bridge between midfield and striker we have been missing, you are back where you belong and are loved.

while only a loan deal for now, it would be tremendous if come summer, by whichever ways or means, it became permanent. i truly believe thistle and erskine are made for one another.

cannot wait for tomorrow night now, the rekindling of a love affair that should never have ended.

oh chrissy erskine you are the love of my life

oh chrissy erskine i'd let you shag my wife

oh chrissy erskine, thistles the only team for you

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Like 1

Hopefully it will work out for him but his confidence must be low just now.

It might take time getting his confidence back which would be a worry as Thistle need him to hit the ground running.

Being back with a support that obviously appreciates him will be a big help for him in regaining his old form

It might take time getting his confidence back which would be a worry as Thistle need him to hit the ground running.

Being back with a support that obviously appreciates him will be a big help for him in regaining his old form

I think the fact that his twitter account is getting battered with folk buzzing with this news will have him on cloud nine.

I'd have him out on the pitch this afternoon... just tell him to go out and kick a ball about with a few lads, get a feel for the pitch, get his bearings again. Breath in the love!

• Like 1

Good to see him going to a club where he's obviously loved, he seems like a decent guy.

I'll be honest though, you should tamper your expectations for his return, because he hasn't looked even remotely good enough to play at this level during his time at Tannadice, He's looked far too slow, both physically and mentally, whenever he's played for us. I'll be honest and say he's quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen pull on the Tangerine shirt, and we've had our share of diddies over the years.

As I say, really hope this move works well for him, but I'd be pretty surprised if it did.

I can understand why DU fans won't have been impressed with him. Even during his time at thistle he could go 89 minutes contributing hee haw, but in the 90th minute turn into messi and score an absolute screamer. (even his goal against st. mirren at tannadice was very well taken) Erskine is definitely a confidence player who only grows when the crowd is behind him. Like i said, he can stumble over his own feet and make slack passes but he can also pull some amount of magic out the bag that can completely change a game. That was recognized by the Thistle fans last season and he only grew with the support. I also think that at thistle he has the advantage of playing with lads that he's played with for years. Hopefully he slips right back into place in the team and can continue on the road to becoming a jags legend.

welcome home chris, the bridge between midfield and striker we have been missing, you are back where you belong and are loved.

while only a loan deal for now, it would be tremendous if come summer, by whichever ways or means, it became permanent. i truly believe thistle and erskine are made for one another.

cannot wait for tomorrow night now, the rekindling of a love affair that should never have ended.

oh chrissy erskine you are the love of my life

oh chrissy erskine i'd let you shag my wife

oh chrissy erskine, thistles the only team for you

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I hope this gets sung tomorrow night!

Almost crying with happiness! Well done Archie :)

http://ptfc.co.uk/me...13/2004_falkirk

06.48 absolute magic. Welcome home Chris!

His confidence isn't low, he's just dying to get a few games under his belt and he will be flying like last season