Stuart Bannigan

Veejag

This needs explained. I don't get it.

We're a team that is struggling big time, and one that might well be playing in the 2nd tier next season. Bannigan is a superb prospect who could probably land himself a much better deal financially and one that would keep his international profile alive if he moved on next season (if we go down). ATS will almost certainly move onto better things at the end of the season (though of course sometimes those moves don't work out, e.g. Tuffey). If we get relegated, do you think that guys like Higginbotham and Osbourne, even Doolan, will be happy at Firhill?

Edited by Jaggernaut

We're a team that is struggling big time, and one that might well be playing in the 2nd tier next season. Bannigan is a superb prospect who could probably land himself a much better deal financially and one that would keep his international profile alive if he moved on next season (if we go down). ATS will almost certainly move onto better things at the end of the season (though of course sometimes those moves don't work out, e.g. Tuffey). If we get relegated, do you think that guys like Higginbotham and Osbourne, even Doolan, will be happy at Firhill?

Stuart Bannigan is one of my favourite players, but he's part of a squad which has a job to do, and that job is to keep Thistle in the premier league. If we go down then I don't see why players like Bannigan, ATS, Doolan or Higginbotham should expect to walk straight back into the top league. If they're good enough, which I think they are, then they can prove it between now and May and we'll stay up.

I think the level of our top team us pretty consistent. I don't see that we have any real stand outs who will feel that they're better than the rest.

Taylor was excellent, and was an easy pick for motm for his goals but for me bannigan was absolute world class today and the best player on the park by a country mile! 2 very experienced CM's up against him and he absolutely ran them ragged and showed us just how lucky we are to have this guy. Enjoy him while we can cos he is genuinely a level or two above this. The turn he did in the middle of the park with 2 guys round him was one of the best things I've ever seen at firhill.