Next Season's Kits

billy bookcase

As the shop is selling off all of the Joma kit at half price, does that mean we're getting a new kit and/or kit supplier next season?

It's not a new kit supplier, unfortunately.

"PARTICK THISTLE have agreed a six-figure deal with sports manufacturer Joma to produce their kit and merchandise for the next four years."

Now that we're Billy Bollocks Big Timers, maybe we're expected to change shirt every year.

Anyone fancy one of those £90 efforts such as Nike are trying to flog to England fans?

Edited by peagreenboy

Home and away kits both changing every year under the TTL/Joma deal.

I'm a little annoyed by that as I've always been proud that we tend to keep home tops for two seasons rather than fleecing fans, however it is something that I guess you have to do now if you want a half decent merchandise contractor and nobody is forced to buy anything.

Home shirts for most clubs are kept 2 yrs with the away kits changed yearly and i think this is how it should be

Shame if they produce a good one that most fans like as it has a short shelf life usually replaced by a crappier strip the following year.

Fans though will still buy the kits and if you have kids it does get very costly.

It would be good though if the kit manufacturers worked more with the fans to come up with a design that the majority of fans would like.

I won a signed shirt at the start of the season and yet to frame it but it looks like it will be out of date before i get round to getting it done.

Edited by billko

Home and away kits both changing every year under the TTL/Joma deal.

8 new kits? you certain on that? crikes.

hope next seasons home rids us of the stupid back panel and we have full all round stripes, and the sponsors logo isn't in a box either. this years was a good idea ruined.

should have been (and next seasons should be) this .....

strip.jpg

away kit can't be any worse than this years.

can it??

Is it? Jesus, that's a bit much!

I'd have hoped this new one would be in place for two seasons.

didn't ttl make you aware of this when you were discussing or advising them last summer on club leisure wear and clothing?

• Like 4

Home shirts for most clubs are kept 2 yrs with the away kits changed yearly and i think this is how it should be

Shame if they produce a good one that most fans like as it has a short shelf life usually replaced by a crappier strip the following year.

Fans though will still buy the kits and if you have kids it does get very costly.

It would be good though if the kit manufacturers worked more with the fans to come up with a design that the majority of fans would like.

I won a signed shirt at the start of the season and yet to frame it but it looks like it will be out of date before i get round to getting it done.

Looking at the rest of the Premiership teams:

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, County, St Johnstone and St Mirren have had new home tops each of the past ten seasons.

Motherwell have had eight new home strips in the past ten seasons.

Celtic, ICT have had new home tops in seven of the past ten seasons.

We have had six in ten seasons if you exclude sponsor changes.

If you're interested, Billko, Rangers have had ten strips in eleven years if you include their former and current guises.

What strikes me with that tiny piece of research I just did, you would never know St Johnstone had brought out any new home kits in ten years just from looking at them. Also, I had no idea (until I looked at those) what the current Rangers shirt looks like.

Looking at the rest of the Premiership teams:

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, County, St Johnstone and St Mirren have had new home tops each of the past ten seasons.

Motherwell have had eight new home strips in the past ten seasons.

Celtic, ICT have had new home tops in seven of the past ten seasons.

We have had six in ten seasons if you exclude sponsor changes.

If you're interested, Billko, Rangers have had ten strips in eleven years if you include their former and current guises.

Everybody seems to be getting greedy then but you got to try and get the money in somehow so why not fleece the fans every year. :rolleyes:

I do remember though that a home kit lasted two seasons and away kits were changed every season.

I know how many Rangers kits have come out and this seasons are poor to be honest and sometimes you might get 3 strips released at one time which puts pressure on parents to kit the kids out.

Edited by billko

Everybody seems to be getting greedy then but you got to try and get the money in somehow so why not fleece the fans every year. :rolleyes:

I do remember though that a home kit lasted two seasons and away kits were changed every season.

I know how many Rangers kits have come out and this seasons are poor to be honest and sometimes you might get 3 strips released at one time which puts pressure on parents to kit the kids out.

Aye, think up until ten years ago home strips always lasted two seasons except for a greedy few. Now it's the norm.

Until recently we had new home tops every second year and new away tops each season, but the previous away top would usually be considered a third strip, because with a red and yellow home strip you're clashing with so many teams that a third strip becomes necessary... well... it keeps the previous away strip sort of current I suppose.

From what I recall, it was all very rushed last season.

We were going to have Umbro, then they were bought out and the new owners of Umbro pulled out. Infact I don't think we were the only ones this effected. I don't recall seeing any Umbro kits this season!

That left us needing to find a new supplier very late in the day... Therefore leaving TTL's timeframe very short.

I think the reason for the change this pre season is that the template we have is in its last year of issue. Joma templates run in a 3 or 5 year cycle.

This seasons kit will be a brand new template.

Similarly their casual range runs in the same cycle.

A lot of the casual stuff this season is also in its final year. TTL didn't want to use a lot of the stuff available due to it being "old stock" but I discussed it with them, the fans craving for predominantly red and yellow casual wear, after years of red white and black stuff. And it was decided that my requests would be added to the range. Regardless of them only having a year to run.

I talked with TTL after a few months and they were over the moon. Two of the lines I had submitted were their best sellers in the casual range.

Let's be honest, regardless of what we get, there's going to be folk who moan. You can't have everything. We aren't big enough!

The issue with the sponsors logo was not TTL's issue, that was down to our sponsor. That's how they wanted it to look. One of the first things I was told was... That won't be happening next season... From what I can gather the back of the top issue has also been addressed.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Aye, think up until ten years ago home strips always lasted two seasons except for a greedy few. Now it's the norm.

Until recently we had new home tops every second year and new away tops each season, but the previous away top would usually be considered a third strip, because with a red and yellow home strip you're clashing with so many teams that a third strip becomes necessary... well... it keeps the previous away strip sort of current I suppose.

Is that why that pink camouflage number came out so it wouldn't clash with any team in the world? :lol:

The boys (14's) wore this kit last seaon at times and it was horrendous but my lad thought it was great :D

As parents we would rather clubs didn't change the strips so often but the kids want a new strip or should i say strips every year.

From what I recall, it was all very rushed last season.

We were going to have Umbro, then they were bought out and the new owners of Umbro pulled out. Infact I don't think we were the only ones this effected. I don't recall seeing any Umbro kits this season!

That left us needing to find a new supplier very late in the day... Theref

Youth teams were all kitted out in the Umbro gear then changed to Joma for this season and they did wait sometime to get all the gear in which goes along with it being a bit rushed through.

The issue with the sponsors logo was not TTL's issue, that was down to our sponsor. That's how they wanted it to look. One of the first things I was told was... That won't be happening next season... From what I can gather the back of the top issue has also been addressed.

lets hope that transpires as you've been told.

8 new kits? you certain on that? crikes. hope next seasons home rids us of the stupid back panel and we have full all round stripes, and the sponsors logo isn't in a box either. this years was a good idea ruined. should have been (and next seasons should be) this ..... strip.jpg away kit can't be any worse than this years. can it?? didn't ttl make you aware of this when you were discussing or advising them last summer on club leisure wear and clothing?

That would be a great top!

That makes me sad. Umbro would have been great, and now we won't get them for another three years, at least.

Your point about the sponsor is interesting, as the Joma shirt we have is a template with a blank box, such as Valencia's third shirt.