Substitutions Today

Steeleyjag

Bizarre but not the first time this seasonI have thought that.... sentiment aside .. 2 home wins with 2 home games to go coupled with todays lack lustre rubbish.. simple not good enough .. I know I will be shot down but i have to question the tactics the ability to change things during games and a game like today we had to win and now its looking like we are play off material.. hope I am wrong on all counts but overall I do not think we defend well enough as a team.

take aim FIRE ... all you Archie worshippers.

PS I like Archie but on the park I do not like what I am seeing.

Bizarre but not the first time this seasonI have thought that.... sentiment aside .. 2 home wins with 2 home games to go coupled with todays lack lustre rubbish.. simple not good enough .. I know I will be shot down but i have to question the tactics the ability to change things during games and a game like today we had to win and now its looking like we are play off material.. hope I am wrong on all counts but overall I do not think we defend well enough as a team.

take aim FIRE ... all you Archie worshippers.

PS I like Archie but on the park I do not like what I am seeing.

Can't argue with it when you put it like that.

The substitutions were truly mental.

I could have understood it if instead of taking of Higginbotham for Buaben, it had been a swap for Fraser. Higginbotham looked visibly incensed at being taken off so it can't have been a knock.

I could have understood putting on Lawless if it had been part of re-jigging the front 4 by taking off either Taylor or Doolan. Taking off Erskine though, having also removed the other wing threat? Senseless.

I could not, under any circumstances, understand bringing on James Craigen when 4-1 down and the problem is one of link-up and grit in midfield.

Taking off Higgy & bringing on Buaben also seemed to coincide with us moving to a more 4-4-2 formation for a short period of time. That really didn't make sense as Buaben was playing from the right wing, would have been better playing 4-4-2 with the personnel we already had on the pitch.

I'm not sure it had much impact on the result of the match, the players didn't look interested anyway. But it certainly didn't help.

Archie is too inexperienced. He has shown that he can't spot weaknesses in the opposition, effectively change things around when they aren't working or counteract the opposition manager's alterations.

Whatever Locke did after 20 minutes it completely duped Archie. Like against ICT when he was also bested he'll probably come out with "they up their game".

Hearts played Sunday and Wednesday night remember yet were far sharper and fitter than we were.

Poor stuff from him.

• Members

Said to my brother when Bauben was about to come on, I'd take off either Taylor or Higgy. Nothing was going right for either of them.. Sometimes you get days like that. Hopefully though, that will put an end to playing with Doolan and Taylor up front together from the start. Dools just looks lost in that position to me. At the moment Dools looks more likely to get a goal than Lyle. However, Taylor's workrate and presence up front is a big plus, so difficult to decide which of the two to play.

Much as I think Bannigan and Fraser have a great future, I think to have them as a pairing in the centre of midfield without any experienced player backing them up, is a mistake. It's Bauben every time in there for me. At the moment I'm not really seeing what Fraser is doing that merits him keeping Prince out of the starting line up.

The biggest issue for me though is, the right back has absolutely zero cover from whoever is playing right midfield and as a result we are shipping goals far too easily from that side of the park. I reckon we have probably lost more than 50% of the goals conceded from there this season and it's too easy to blame the full back. Bannigan helps out ATS on the left, but SOD and McMillan have lacked the same support on their side. Probably the best player in our squad at the moment for there is Elliott. It's a position we need to sort out next pre-season.

• Like 1

Said to my brother when Bauben was about to come on, I'd take off either Taylor or Higgy. Nothing was going right for either of them.. Sometimes you get days like that. Hopefully though, that will put an end to playing with Doolan and Taylor up front together from the start. Dools just looks lost in that position to me. At the moment Dools looks more likely to get a goal than Lyle. However, Taylor's workrate and presence up front is a big plus, so difficult to decide which of the two to play.

Much as I think Bannigan and Fraser have a great future, I think to have them as a pairing in the centre of midfield without any experienced player backing them up, is a mistake. It's Bauben every time in there for me. At the moment I'm not really seeing what Fraser is doing that merits him keeping Prince out of the starting line up.

The biggest issue for me though is, the right back has absolutely zero cover from whoever is playing right midfield and as a result we are shipping goals far too easily from that side of the park. I reckon we have probably lost more than 50% of the goals conceded from there this season and it's too easy to blame the full back. Bannigan helps out ATS on the left, but SOD and McMillan have lacked the same support on their side. Probably the best player in our squad at the moment for there is Elliott. It's a position we need to sort out next pre-season.

Think above sums it up for me especially the Bannigan/Fraser reference. Effectively yesterday with the attack overloaded we were playing something akin to 4-2-4. That's too much to ask of any two midfielders let alone so young a pairing.