Berwick Game

B.C.G. JAG

I think big Chris looks a danger to himself. I can't understand how the lad can do the hard things, but fluff the easier aspects of the game.

His final ball continues to be terrible. Like Paton's reluctance to use his left foot, I wonder if this is indicative of poor coaching.

I think big Chris looks a danger to himself. I can't understand how the lad can do the hard things, but fluff the easier aspects of the game.

His final ball continues to be terrible. Like Paton's reluctance to use his left foot, I wonder if this is indicative of poor coaching.

Interesting to hear this comment regarding Chris doing the hard things and then cocking things up with the final ball. When he was at Ladeside, all the fans used to rant about this as well, however we all thought that when he "moved up" this area of his game would improve, due to the coaching that he would get.

It's disappointing therefore to learn that this aspect of his play has not as yet (apparently?) improved. Surely someone can work their magic with him and get this sorted???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear this comment regarding Chris doing the hard things and then cocking things up with the final ball. When he was at Ladeside, all the fans used to rant about this as well, however we all thought that when he "moved up" this area of his game would improve, due to the coaching that he would get.

It's disappointing therefore to learn that this aspect of his play has not as yet (apparently?) improved. Surely someone can work their magic with him and get this sorted???

in time perhaps but at the moment we're a bit short of coaches.

:)

On last night's evedence, neither Erskine or Grehan are good enough to play for Thistle.

Erskine was at it again last night, skinned the Berwick player down the wing brilliantly then played an aimless low ball into the box that was cleared. He runs about like a headless chicken but offers nothing in the way of a final ball or goal threat.

On last night's evedence, neither Erskine or Grehan are good enough to play for Thistle.

Erskine was at it again last night, skinned the Berwick player down the wing brilliantly then played an aimless low ball into the box that was cleared. He runs about like a headless chicken but offers nothing in the way of a final ball or goal threat.

My old man said, upon seeing Erskine for the first time at the Airdrie 5-2 game last season, that he reminds him of McQuade. Apparently McQuade could skin 5 players, round the goalie and then fall on his face...while at other times he produced moments of sheer brilliance. I thought 'big reputation for Big Burd to live up to', but he is entertaining if nothing else.

I would say a 'headless chicken' would struggle to skin a defender 'brilliantly'. He needs to work on his final ball. Let's hope McCall and the coaching staff can improve that side of his game. If they can, he would be a very useful squad member.

I would say a 'headless chicken' would struggle to skin a defender 'brilliantly'. He needs to work on his final ball. Let's hope McCall and the coaching staff can improve that side of his game. If they can, he would be a very useful squad member.

He's been here a full season now and there doesn't seem to be any improvement in his final ball. It's a source of constant frustration for me, he can do the hard part by beating a defender with skill but when it comes to delivering a ball to the strikers, he fails to deliver. It must tear McCall's hair out!

Couldn't see the point of Erskine being on last night. It was about 20 minutes before he even touched the ball. As far his supposed flashes of brilliance, most of the time they look completely accidental and even he is surprised when he gets the ball past the opposition player.

Last night was two inept teams against each other. Apart from a 20 minute spell when we did perform at a 1st Division level, you would have been hard put to tell them apart.