Expectation Levels For The Season Ahead

billko

Re scoring goals, Taylor was a big help with that and it would be great to get another similar player in - but it will be difficult. However one problem was that the rest of the team didn't contribute enough goals. I feel Stevenson will help with that, scoring himself and making chances for others. Also with him as a threat, Higginbotham will find more freedom do do what he does.

It would be good to have another forward player though of a different style - the way Taylor was different from Doolan - so that we can offer a different kind of threat when we need to change things. But as everyone says the important thing is to bring in these defenders we need.

• Like 1

Not pressing the panic button, but... By my reckoning, we have 15 fit first team players and two currently injured (with Welsh now a serious concern - that's nearly a year out). Even adding under 20s such as McDaid, Keenan and Wilson, we're a long way from having a squad to compete in the Premiership. Barr would be a good signing, but Magnay is an unknown factor - news from Spain doesn't seem encouraging. I know it's a statement of the obvious, but we desperately need to make some quality signings in the next 4 or 5 weeks, or we will seriously struggle in the coming season.

Edited by Firhillista

My expectations are a repeat of last season with some expected improvement in tightening up the defence, not losing so many late goals which the team were guilty of and experiencing more than 2 league home wins.

Would like a wee cup run to keep things fresh including an away victory at Tynecastle and/or Ibrox.

For signings need a left back, dominant centre half (maybe should have kept Mair?) and a striker as priorities.