Piccolo

jlsarmy

Doesn't really make a great deal of sense, still think there could be a player in there, we must be cash rich if we can afford to pay off a player with a year left on his contract.

If the gaffer who seen him every day in training for a yr didn't think he was going to cut it at this level, then rather than pay him a full wage for a yr, we cut our losses and offer him a severance deal a hell of a lot less than a yrs wage. So money saved I think, that could go towards a new players wage.

If the gaffer who seen him every day in training for a yr didn't think he was going to cut it at this level, then rather than pay him a full wage for a yr, we cut our losses and offer him a severance deal a hell of a lot less than a yrs wage. So money saved I think, that could go towards a new players wage.

I think it's a pity we didn't allow him a second season to develop after a year acclimatising to a different style of football, in a foreign country.

And it shows how little we've come if we can't afford to allow him to do that.

• Like 2

I think it's a pity we didn't allow him a second season to develop after a year acclimatising to a different style of football, in a foreign country.

I don't see how the management deciding a player isn't good enough, or doesn't fit into our squad for whatever reason, is evidence of a lack of progress in any area whatsoever.

How does it show how little we've come? If the gaffer has decided to release someone who he feels doesn't inhance our team, then that's him doing his job.

We are not a rich club and cannot afford to throw wages to players who will not feature in our first team squad, so it's up to the gaffer to decide who is and who isn't. If Archie can bring someone who can do a job for our first team squad with the wages we are saving then so be it. That is the nature of the game we all love. Players come and go.

:thumbsup2:

Especially as he did not even get the chance to play a single minute in the pre-season games.

Nice guy but not good enough and never was which wasn't necessarily his fault. Right move and wish him all the best.

Must have been watching different games , Balatoni , Muirhead , O'Donnell all looked out of their depth at different points of last season , surely you've got to give young players the chance to improve and develop especially if you're signing players from a different country .
  • Like 1

How can that be money saved, if you're paying out probably 50% of his salary maybe £15000 surely that's money wasted unless his replacement is getting £ 15000 less than anyone else. Am I missing something ?
  • Like 2

Must have been watching different games , Balatoni , Muirhead , O'Donnell all looked out of their depth at different points of last season , surely you've got to give young players the chance to improve and develop especially if you're signing players from a different country .

Must have been. Piccolo lacked the rudimentary skills required of a centre half. I'm not quite sure why people continue to blindly ignore this and justify his incompetence by suggesting Balatoni and Muirhead were equally bad which they weren't (this isn't solely directed at jls army, by the way). His departure seems to suggest the management thought similarly and he's been replaced by a guy who looks like he suits our style a lot better.

Edited by Armand2

Because his 'replacement' isn't going to be picking up a wage without being involved in the team. We haven't signed Richards-Everton to never use him.

They're saying the new signing is going to Airdrie on loan for the season , not much involvement there .

They're saying the new signing is going to Airdrie on loan for the season , not much involvement there .

Is it not just for a couple of month's loan? Away on loan all season but only signed up til the summer... seems unlikely

Nothing on OS to suggest he's going anywhere on loan.

Edited by Juan Carlos I

We'll if the management team had made their mind up that he wasn't good enough, it seems he was told he was surplus to requirements at the beginning of pre season, hence no playing time in pre season. The guy didn't like what he was offered and the club and him must have eventually came to an agreement. We have saved a full seasons wages minus his pay off.

Why would we pay him a full seasons wages of about £30k if he wasn't going to feature. If he has accepted anything less, we have saved money. Also doubt we would have offered anywhere near 50% of his yrs wage.

If we have saved £15k for example, then that money could go on 2 pro youth players or it is 50% towards a player who could play in the 1st team if we sign anyone else.

Because his 'replacement' isn't going to be picking up a wage without being involved in the team. We haven't signed Richards-Everton to never use him.

Whatever way you want to look at it and reading the forum Piccolo polarises opinion ,it still is an expensive mistake by the management team .

I don't see how the management deciding a player isn't good enough, or doesn't fit into our squad for whatever reason, is evidence of a lack of progress in any area whatsoever.

The way I see it, we signed him on a two year deal for a reason. We asked a lot of the boy who had built his career in a different style of football.

Let's not forget, for someone, who some would say lacks the where with all, to be a defender. It's strange that we'd offer him a two year deal.

Even stranger, that the fans would vote him a Player of The Month.

It's just my opinion, but I'm let down a wee bit by the club in how our club has treated him.

We could at least have given the boy a full summer to find a club. Archie didn't just decide this in the first couple of days of pre season.

• Like 2

We'll if the management team had made their mind up that he wasn't good enough, it seems he was told he was surplus to requirements at the beginning of pre season, hence no playing time in pre season. The guy didn't like what he was offered and the club and him must have eventually came to an agreement. We have saved a full seasons wages minus his pay off.

Why would we pay him a full seasons wages of about £30k if he wasn't going to feature. If he has accepted anything less, we have saved money. Also doubt we would have offered anywhere near 50% of his yrs wage.

If we have saved £15k for example, then that money could go on 2 pro youth players or it is 50% towards a player who could play in the 1st team if we sign anyone else.

If you still had a year left on your contract , under no obligation to leave why would you accept anything less than at least 50% of your contract ? , don't think I would write off even 50% of my salary if that was the case.

If we budgeted to have 4 centre half's this season, then we are losing money, as we are paying for 4, plus some of his wages.

The pay off we've had to give him is lost money that could have been used elsewhere.

Of course, if this new lad goes on loan, and the second team picks up a % of his wage. Then that money received could cover the loss of the gabby pay off.

But that begs the question, why bring in someone on a one year deal, not good enough for the squad, to go out on loan.

Who replaces someone who had a year left on his contract, and you were going to send out on loan.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Whatever way you want to look at it and reading the forum Piccolo polarises opinion ,it still is an expensive mistake by the management team .

Definitely. How his performance against Limassol warranted a two-year contract is a mystery that will never be solved. At least the manager is now rectifying that mistake and allowing the boy to pursue a career elsewhere. Perhaps at a modelling agency.

• Like 2