Piccolo

jlsarmy

A mountain out of a molehill for a player who is not a first team pick. A nice person by all accounts and someone who keeps himself very fit and has kept a respectful and dignified silence. However we need another centre half and the majority of people on here would have him as 4th choice.

Completely agree, the only difference between this and Baird, Forbes, Murray and Kerr from last year is the chairman mentioning to some fans about a potential loan. Still don't see what was so wrong about this tbh.

Good luck to the guy, spoke to him once and he was a very pleasant guy but he isn't good enough to play at this level .

I'd be surprised if Chris Jack hadn't contacted the club ahead of his piece in the ET. Equally I would be surprised if he didn't use this, and other forums, as background for stories. Covering a team for a local paper is a really difficult job. It helps to be close to the club you are covering but get too close and you can be thought of as nothing more than an unofficial mouthpiece. It's a difficult balancing act for even the best of journalists.

And with the OF they don't even try to balance. Still we're lucky being in the same city with them we get the coverage we do get (though it's be a lot less if we weren't in the SPL.

I think we need to get this in perspective. The guy is simply not good enough. Whether he's that much worse than Balatoni or Muirhead is neither here nor there - he's not a long term prospect as a Thistle centre half. (In my opinion, both Balatoni and Muirhead could be.) It's ridiculous to criticise the management or the club for the situation as it stands. Again, the guy's not good enough - he was given a season to show that he could cut it at this level and he didn't show that he could. Personally, I'm relieved we've got a manager who's hard enough to make the difficult decisions when necessary. (And, for what it's worth, I'm kind off impressed he's got the nerve to hold out for better signings in the face of our failure to add to the squad in the close season. It's either nerves of steel, or he knows something posters on here don't...)

He prob isn't good enough but if he's going so should muirhead and balatoni only improved once Mair came in....

I do worry about our defence

I'd be surprised if Chris Jack hadn't contacted the club ahead of his piece in the ET. Equally I would be surprised if he didn't use this, and other forums, as background for stories.

Covering a team for a local paper is a really difficult job. It helps to be close to the club you are covering but get too close and you can be thought of as nothing more than an unofficial mouthpiece.

It's a difficult balancing act for even the best of journalists.

Doubt very much Chris Jack contacted the club, the piece he wrote was fairly ambiguous , he might want to fight for his place, the club might let him go etc and obviously no official quote from Archie or the club. Think he might have been showing a keen interest in our forum .
  • Like 1

Only two minutes to pop up and troll me? You are slacking!

hahahahaha, i was commenting on a post you'd made earlier that day in thread about patronising, as you well know, unless you really are more stupid than you normally project yourself to be. as it happens with so little going on with thistle and on forum over summer, i'm only dipping in every few days, so only now seen your latest attempt at repeating an untruth hoping someone will believe you. i'm sure you'll apologise for your error though.

you coming to fleetwood tomorrow? pint? maybe if willjag is there too, you can offer a genuine apology to him as well for your erroneous allegatons.

Edited by yoda-jag

• 3 weeks later...

Those who hinted at having some knowledge of his situation can share it now, surely?

I was only aware of the an on going situation. He'd been told his future lay elsewhere. There was the possibility of seeing his contract out on loan. Gabriel wished to see that out at in Spain if possible. That was just a possibility but the real difficulty I believe arose over severance. No reason to believe there was anything to suggest severance negotiations were not amicable..

I'm just surmising that Gabby didn't feature in any pre season games as either his head wasn't quite right or Archie didn't want a player who wouldn't feature this season playing. Either way that's academic.

Think it was the Arch that said elsewhere that Gabriel should've gone out on loan shortly after signing. Kinda agree even tho' we would've been light on numbers. Personally I thought that Gabriel could've become a decent enough defender. On two occasions he played almost faultlessly and I can see no reason why that couldn't have been replicated far more often. He was by and large very good in the air. What I feel let him down was his distribution and maybe just basic football. Put another way I don't think he was exactly ideal for our build from the back approach.

hahahahaha, i was commenting on a post you'd made earlier that day in thread about patronising, as you well know, unless you really are more stupid than you normally project yourself to be. as it happens with so little going on with thistle and on forum over summer, i'm only dipping in every few days, so only now seen your latest attempt at repeating an untruth hoping someone will believe you. i'm sure you'll apologise for your error though.

you coming to fleetwood tomorrow? pint? maybe if willjag is there too, you can offer a genuine apology to him as well for your erroneous allegatons.

Are you going to post anything of sense, or even remotely grammatical, this season? Or are you back on the Buckie?

Edited by kni

The lads just put up a thank you message to the club and especially the fans, for his year in Glasgow. On his twitter account.

Yes - read it earlier.

A very gentlemanly and dignified post thanking the fans and his team mates.

The very best of luck to Gabby and I look forward to hearing how his career progresses, as I hope it does.

• Like 1