Piccolo

jlsarmy

Piccolo wasn't good enough. Archie made a mistake signing him to a two year deal and his release is an admission of that. Gabi had a contract until next summer and will have suitably rewarded for his early departure, otherwise he wouldn't be going, I can't see how there is any argument that he has been done over in any way. Best of luck to him, but he wasn't good enough and once again Archie shows a willingness to learn from his mistakes by terminating this deal early and giving Richards-Everton a shorter deal.

Still haven't watched highlights of that game. I'd got a mate to attend who used to be regular and came back for that game and he hasn't been back since.

Surprised at that. Was he only a regular during our championship winning season and never saw the hundreds of crap and dire games (including some real humiliations) Jags fans have seen down the seasons? Because I'd have thought he might have been tempted to the odd game when we had our good run of form at the tail end of the season.

Still haven't watched highlights of that game. I'd got a mate to attend who used to be regular and came back for that game and he hasn't been back since.

If he isn't interested in us after winning the first division with our best team in generations and our first year in the top flight in the decade then nothing will get him 'back' I'd wager. Shame but can hardly be classed as a fan anymore in my opinion

Surprised at that. Was he only a regular during our championship winning season and never saw the hundreds of crap and dire games (including some real humiliations) Jags fans have seen down the seasons? Because I'd have thought he might have been tempted to the odd game when we had our good run of form at the tail end of the season.

No he never went during the championship year.

His last game was the semi final with Rangers (which he didn't turn up for)

No, his diehard days were the shite of the 80's. Home and away watching utter dross.

If he'd been during the title run he'd have a different perspective.

If he isn't interested in us after winning the first division with our best team in generations and our first year in the top flight in the decade then nothing will get him 'back' I'd wager. Shame but can hardly be classed as a fan anymore in my opinion

Not agreeing or disagreeing but it's amazing the difference in attitude when you compare us to our city neighbours. How often do you hear of this punter being a "rangers" or celtic fan thru and thru yet hardly if indeed ever attends a game.

He didn't want to be a Thistle player if he wasn't guaranteed first-team football. That's what it boils down to.

Where has this info come from? Your post suggests it was Gabby who instigated his release, but all other news sources would suggest otherwise.

It wasn't that long ago Chris Jack was telling us he wanted to fight for his place.

Is it not closer to the truth that Archie didn't see a future for him at the club, and it's taken nearly 8 weeks for thistle to offer a respectable pay off?

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

So you know both DP and I. Are we likely to be making it up PT? Trust me, the player had no intention of continuing unless he was in the first team.

I've said all I can and I am prepared to say. It's up to you to judge whether that's enough or whether you want to keep going around in circles.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

• 7 months later...