ayrshire jag

Thistle lined up (roughly)

Duggan

Higgy Craigen

Fraser Osman

Trialist ----------------------------------- O'Donnell

Keenan (I think, possibly another trialist) McMillan Balatoni

Fox

Doolan came on for Duggan at HT and Muirhead for Balatoni. Then Stevenson, Lawless, McDaid, Wilson and Elliot came on at various points.

Edited to add: The trialist was not Mustoe or Parsons. He looked like the guy linked from Wigan but I couldn't guarantee if it was him or not, he looked much better than Mustoe or Parsons whoever he was.

Rangers had pretty much a full team out. Bell, Wallace, Mohsni, 1 of the new centre halfs, Foster, Black, Law, McLeod, Miller, Boyd and someone else I didn't recognise

Edited by Pie Of The Month
  • Like 2

Duggan

Higgy Craigen

Fraser Osman

Fox

That looks like a 3 at the back. Was it old style 3-5-2, or was it more of a 3-4-3 (or 3-4-1-2)?

Could be an option for us in some games I suppose, especially if we don't get as good a centre half as we hope we will. If it was a back 3 was McMillan playing libero**?

I say libero as you can have a sweeper or a player whose job is to bring the ball out from the back in that system and isn't necessarily a sweeper.

Duggan

Higgy Craigen

Fraser Osman

Fox

Doolan came on for Duggan at HT and Muirhead for Balatoni. Then Stevenson, Lawless, McDaid, Wilson and Elliot came on at various points.

Edited to add: The trialist was not Mustoe or Parsons. He looked like the guy linked from Wigan but I couldn't guarantee if it was him or not, he looked much better than Mustoe or Parsons whoever he was.

Rangers had pretty much a full team out. Bell, Wallace, Mohsni, 1 of the new centre halfs, Foster, Black, Law, McLeod, Miller, Boyd and someone else I didn't recognise

Thanks for the info. From the sevco photos Keenan was definitely playing at some time. My brain's gone into stand by mode but would it be not highly unusual to trial a player that would only be coming in on loan?

MANAGER CLICHE ALERT ......... It's all about fitness at this stage.

No, that's over now: we're now concentrating on ball work.Anyway, according to earlier post they had a pretty strong team out and we gave a couple of youngsters and a couple of trialists a run out. Wouldn't surprise me if McCoist (spit) was more concerned with winning that game than sorting out his team for the new season.

No, that's over now: we're now concentrating on ball work.Anyway, according to earlier post they had a pretty strong team out and we gave a couple of youngsters and a couple of trialists a run out. Wouldn't surprise me if McCoist (spit) was more concerned with winning that game than sorting out his team for the new season.

Think he played his team for the season ahead and even for a manager as limited as Ally is, getting in to winning ways is a good habit to get in to.

He would also see Thistle as a good test for his side to see where they were are in regards fitness and game sharpness.

Thistle on the other hand are still to make the signings and playing against a Rangers side full of younger players wouldn't be much of a test to judge the trialists Thistle had on show.

Think he played his team for the season ahead and even for a manager as limited as Ally is, getting in to winning ways is a good habit to get in to. He would also see Thistle as a good test for his side to see where they were are in regards fitness and game sharpness. Thistle on the other hand are still to make the signings and playing against a Rangers side full of younger players wouldn't be much of a test to judge the trialists Thistle had on show.

Fair enough points. Now that we've got fitness preparation over hope to see some better results though I suppose that may be problematic if we're still trying out players.