Happy Birthday Donnie

Duncan

Yes, that was his one and only goal for us. Played `only` 321 first team games as he was quite injury prone as a result of which he developed an interest in taking up physiotherapy as a career and served club and country in that capacity for a good number of years.

Edited by Duncan

And I think I'm correct in saying his testimonial was against Manchester United???

He was a great practical joker, as ball-boys we would be the 'mugs' to his humour.

As Physio he'd help Willie Ross and they'd be a bit like 'Little and Large' in their White Tracksuit tops with red piping and Red trackie troos with white piping.

Belated Happy Birthday Donnie, you still owe me 2p from a bet!!!!!

:thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Yes it was against Man Utd on Guy Fawkes night 1973. If you google image his name you will see some match programmes are still available and there`s also a newspaper report of the game itself. Donnie sent me a couple of programmes at the time - I wouldn`t give them away for all the world. Well, maybe that`s a slight exaggeration!! :)

Just as good as Ronnie and shoulda got a Scotland cap but Ronnie played for Rangers and so wee bro had no chance.

I remember his goal too...the winner v Hibs on a sunny day....magic.

I read somewhere that some scout or selector actually went to see the "wrong" twin playing, and that was how it was his brother and not Donnie who either ended up at Ibrox or who played for Scotland.

• Like 1