Fao Brian

That's good news about the Wee Dublin End being open.

I had made up my mind never to go again if we had been forced into the stand.

It's not just the discomfort from the hideously cramped seats;

it's always worried me how long it takes to get out of that stand at the end of the game,

so I would dread to think what might happen in the event of an emergency.

Would much rather stand outside in the pissing rain than enter the grandstand again.

(and that's from someone who has always liked Cappielow)

That's good news about the Wee Dublin End being open.

I had made up my mind never to go again if we had been forced into the stand.

It's not just the discomfort from the hideously cramped seats;

it's always worried me how long it takes to get out of that stand at the end of the game,

so I would dread to think what might happen in the event of an emergency.

Would much rather stand outside in the pissing rain than enter the grandstand again.

(and that's from someone who has always liked Cappielow)

Good to know that the goal end will be open and I'd like to thank our Club for posting that info early on the official site :thumbsup2: .

Agree entirely with above sentiments. As for Morton I can't think of another club in Scotland, even including Dundee & ICT, that least deserve the patronage of an away support. :thumbdown:

Good to know that the goal end will be open and I'd like to thank our Club for posting that info early on the official site :thumbsup2: .

Agree entirely with above sentiments. As for Morton I can't think of another club in Scotland, even including Dundee & ICT, that least deserve the patronage of an away support. :thumbdown:

You see, I can't agree with this. Although Cappielow is a bit of a dump I have to admit to both liking their fans and their ground. When they come to Firhill there's always a good turnout and if you compare it to the souless dumps of Dunfermline(my most hated ground in Scotland) and Falkirk and Dundee and Raith rovers etc etc.then at least there's a bit of atmosphere. Coupled with the fact that they dislike the old firm as much as us and there fans are real fans like us, well I'm looking forwards to Saturday!

You see, I can't agree with this. Although Cappielow is a bit of a dump I have to admit to both liking their fans and their ground. When they come to Firhill there's always a good turnout and if you compare it to the souless dumps of Dunfermline(my most hated ground in Scotland) and Falkirk and Dundee and Raith rovers etc etc.then at least there's a bit of atmosphere. Coupled with the fact that they dislike the old firm as much as us and there fans are real fans like us, well I'm looking forwards to Saturday!

I agree about the soulless grounds, add McDiarmid, Forthbank & ICT onto the list, but that doesn't excuse Morton treating away fans like shit. I could tolerate that place if they were perennially skint (clearly not the case given Rae's spending) and treated their own fans as shabbily.

Just being sentimental here really, Cappielow was a great day out for me as a boy. Firstly, my mammie let me go as it wasn't too big a journey on the supporters bus. Also, IIRC, we used to share the shed with them and the atmosphere was fantastic, especially in the early '70s as we had some great performances against them, reversing some of the beatings we got off them in previous years there.

Totally agree and it's one of the reasons I won't go there...................and I live in Port Glasgow !!!!! The other reason for not going on Saturday is it's the one day of the week I see my daughter, so when we go to jags matches (with her wee brother and my wife)then we choose to go to firhill. That way Jags get my money.

Sorry Big Dave but what do you mean by "their fans are real fans like us" ?

I read a lot of comments on other forums and a good few Morton fans would be happy to see us go out of business ! Also, what is a real fan ? Surely every club has real fans. As every club has fans that they could do without (yeah even us !!).

Do agree they do hate Old Firm (not as much as St Mirren) but they do hate them. Probably got something to do with the number of busses from down here that leave to Mordor & Hells Kitchen every week, as opposed to going to watch the team in their own area !!

Edited by lennythistle

I'm really looking forward to Saturday now. Train to Greenock Central, a few pints in the Waterline, train back along to Cartsdyke at 14:45 and in the ground in time for kick off. Hopefully watch our second win in a row and plenty of time for a walk up to the off-sales to get a few cans for the train home. Sounds like a good day out to me :)

Sorry Big Dave but what do you mean by "their fans are real fans like us" ?

I read a lot of comments on other forums and a good few Morton fans would be happy to see us go out of business ! Also, what is a real fan ? Surely every club has real fans. As every club has fans that they could do without (yeah even us !!).

Do agree they do hate Old Firm (not as much as St Mirren) but they do hate them. Probably got something to do with the number of busses from down here that leave to Mordor & Hells Kitchen every week, as opposed to going to watch the team in their own area !!

Fair points Lenny. I've always just seemed to like going there. Anyway can't wait for Saturday. I have that feeling that we might be at the start of something good-an eternal optimist I know.

Just being sentimental here really, Cappielow was a great day out for me as a boy. Firstly, my mammie let me go as it wasn't too big a journey on the supporters bus. Also, IIRC, we used to share the shed with them and the atmosphere was fantastic, especially in the early '70s as we had some great performances against them, reversing some of the beatings we got off them in previous years there.

I can remember that (tho from the 80s and possibly early 90s) and the atmosphere was great, I always remember thinking how similar Douglas Park, Cappilow and Brockville were in those days.

Fair points Lenny. I've always just seemed to like going there. Anyway can't wait for Saturday. I have that feeling that we might be at the start of something good-an eternal optimist I know.

I agree M8. There has been a "wind of change" blowing through here of late. First it was the young jags "flag scheme", which I thought would get slated by some.....so glad I was wrong. The result last week has clearly helped and I feel Paddy Boyle has had a huge part to play in the change. Let's not kid ourselves, he was hated by some. He's proving people wrong and they've been big enough to stand up and change their views. You could well be right. We could be at the start of something good. It could, however, just as quick go back to how it was on here only 2 to 3 weeks ago. Really hope your right M8.