Fao Brian

Apologies if this not your concern, Brian.

Can you tells us where us away fans are to be housed at Cappielow? Put simply if it's in that wee cramped stand I'll probably, for minor medical reasons, have to give the game a miss.

sorry mate gave them a call but it has not been dicided yet will give them a call tomorrow or you can call them yourself on

01475 723571 ext27

sorry mate gave them a call but it has not been dicided yet will give them a call tomorrow or you can call them yourself on

01475 723571 ext27

Thanks Brian :thumbsup2: . I'll leave it till later in week and if you don't post back I'll give them a ring.

Just as an aside if I don't go my son probably won't either so they'll lose out double. As stated my first concern is a minor health issue that could be triggered off by the cramped seating but the health aspect aside I feel the way we're treated at Cappielow is a disgrace. Just for starters that wee stand offers a restricted view and, correct me if I'm wrong, it's the only away stand without a gents toilet. :thumbdown:

Thanks Brian :thumbsup2: . I'll leave it till later in week and if you don't post back I'll give them a ring.

Just as an aside if I don't go my son probably won't either so they'll lose out double. As stated my first concern is a minor health issue that could be triggered off by the cramped seating but the health aspect aside I feel the way we're treated at Cappielow is a disgrace. Just for starters that wee stand offers a restricted view and, correct me if I'm wrong, it's the only away stand without a gents toilet. :thumbdown:

That's one place I hate going to: the stand is a sick joke and greenock itself is a dump. It's an easy place for me to get too but I rarely go.

If we are to be shoe-horned into the main stand, i won't be attending.

If the wee dublin end is open, i will be attending the game.

I know of many others who feel this way when it comes to making the decision on whether or not to go to cappielow.

The answer to the question is quite simple. Whether we are in the stand or in the wee Dublin end depends on how many our club project are coming. I think if is over 500 then we will not be in the stand. However I think that Morton recently got planning permission for the we Dublin end so they might have started putting in the seats they purchased from St Mirren

If we take 600+ we will get the West Dublin End.

Last time was very frustrating. There were people sitting on the stairs and it was completely cramped in the stand. I assume they thought there wasn't enough to open it. Still a complete joke though.

I'm confident we will get the terrace. Hopefully the performance last week will encourage more fans to turn up.

Cappielow - Is a prime example of what encourages people to stop going to football.

No facilities, crap view etc.

If we hadn't won on Saturday I certainly would not have considered going there,

Some people.

Personally, I PREFER going to Somerset Park, Annan Athletic, Deveronvale BECAUSE we can stand in sub standard and cramped conditions. For me, it adds to the nostalga and atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon.

I do agree though, that stand at Greenock is a complete disgrace - if it is confirmed that we are to be penned in there, I probably won't go.

There is no way of getting any notice on where you will be placed at Cappielow on Saturday. The only way of making sure you are not in the stand is if you turn up and encourage an other Jag friends to do so.

We took dead on 600 last time, which was in that awful spell in the second half of last season.

I believe we will take more than that time, due to it being early into the new season and after last weeks positive performance.

Some people.

Personally, I PREFER going to Somerset Park, Annan Athletic, Deveronvale BECAUSE we can stand in sub standard and cramped conditions. For me, it adds to the nostalga and atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon.

I do agree though, that stand at Greenock is a complete disgrace - if it is confirmed that we are to be penned in there, I probably won't go.

So do I,prefer goibg to Somerset, Annan etc because we are standing its a far better atmosphere, with Cappielow it has been a couple of years since we were given the Dublin End and if I remember correctly that day it was pouring down plus the police and stewards were doing there best to make people sit down. ( Mind you as we were getting humped 4 -0 just after halftime didn't help)

The WDE at Crappielow is a great advert for summer fitba and a fine example of how hellish it can be in bad weather. I sympathise with Izzy's piles problem - the seats in that stand are a nightmare, and if you're taller than five feet you have to sit with your chin on your knees.

I remember the day we won 1-0 after Lucas Akins goal we were singing:

"We want to sit in the sun, sit in the sun, sit in the sun, sit in the suuuuuun." I think they eventually opened the terracing behind the goal half way through the 1st half.

But I agree that stadium is the epitomises all that's bad about grounds in the SFL. The stand is cramped, if your legs are long like mines you have no chance, bird sh1t all over the seats, wooden floor panels are freezing in the winter, stupid metal poles obstruct your viewing, the Morton cheerleaders are nothing to be admired (thank god for the poles blocking the view), its a trek from the turnstile to the seats, the food isn't great, its expensive for admission, stupid Morton sea-chant's are played before the match, parking is miles from the ground....

(if you'd like to know more about this topic please buy: A Red n' Yellowneck's Encyclopedia to Stadia in the Scottish Football League, available from all fine charity shops :thumbsup2: )

01475 723571 ext27

Forecast for Saturday is to be gloriously sunny and warm, so that will help boost numbers further, on top of the already increased support the team will get after Saturday's victory over Duddee.

When you speak with the powers that be at cappielow tomorrow Brian, tell them you estimate 800 -> 1000 Jags will be attending - that way they will have to open up the wee dublin end.

Problem solved B)

Forecast for Saturday is to be gloriously sunny and warm, so that will help boost numbers further, on top of the already increased support the team will get after Saturday's victory over Duddee.

When you speak with the powers that be at cappielow tomorrow Brian, tell them you estimate 800 -> 1000 Jags will be attending - that way they will have to open up the wee dublin end.

Problem solved B)

They estimate 600 to 700 jags fans but it is down to the cops what is open

So do I,prefer goibg to Somerset, Annan etc because we are standing its a far better atmosphere, with Cappielow it has been a couple of years since we were given the Dublin End and if I remember correctly that day it was pouring down plus the police and stewards were doing there best to make people sit down. ( Mind you as we were getting humped 4 -0 just after halftime didn't help)

We had the WDE last Novemeber, when we won 2v0.

I've never been to Cappielow but am planning on going on Saturday. Can somebody explain to me what areas of the stadium we are likely to get on Saturday? I'm planning on going and will have a six year old and nine year old in tow. During the 2-0 win last year it looked like we were allocated terracing that appeared to have some kind of seating - they'll cope with that but if it's terracing like somerset park with no seating whatsoever then i'll have to give it a miss. Also - can anyone recommend a good parking spot? Cheers

I've never been to Cappielow but am planning on going on Saturday. Can somebody explain to me what areas of the stadium we are likely to get on Saturday? I'm planning on going and will have a six year old and nine year old in tow. During the 2-0 win last year it looked like we were allocated terracing that appeared to have some kind of seating - they'll cope with that but if it's terracing like somerset park with no seating whatsoever then i'll have to give it a miss. Also - can anyone recommend a good parking spot? Cheers

Both the stand and the WDE are seated, the area behind the goal in the open air which people are talking about has these bench type things on terracing which you don't want to sit on if it's been raining, if it's sunny it's all good.

The wee industrial estate just beyond the ground where the plumb centre is takes alot of football parking, its only downside being if you are turning right back towards glasgow after the game,as alot of people are, it can take a while to get out as they filter out one by one, having said that i've never waited more than 15 mins myself.

Edit---- a plus side is that if we do get the WDE and you park in the right place in the industrial estate, you can keep an eye on your car from the top of the seated terracing, which can only be a bonus in Greenock :lol:

Edited by Hot Shot

Some people.

I'm with Brodieboy. Crapilow really is rubbish, though. Never quite sure whether I hate that midget sardine stand or those awful benches more...

Thanks Hot Shot - all sounds good. I had thought about that industrial estate for parking. If you just go left when leaving there's a roundabout only 100m along where you can turn back for Glasgow.

Does anybody know - if we are given the WDE - can you still choose to sit in the main stand or is it one or the other?