Andy Walker

Lindau

I fully agree with the last two sentences, Billko.

However, much as I like your contributions to this forum, the content of the rest of this one is probably inappropriate given whom you openly profess to really support.

Why does that stop me having an opinion or enjoying Caley's win?

You seen Brown on camera venting his anger with Collin's in the background gesturing to the 4th official

They will blame everyone they can but themselves for their failure to win a treble yet again..

They are always cheated, never defeated and show very little repect to anybody.

Don't see anything inappropriate with what i said and think Jags fans, Rangers fans and most fans of Scottish football clubs will think the same.

Why does that stop me having an opinion or enjoying Caley's win?

You seen Brown on camera venting his anger with Collin's in the background gesturing to the 4th official

They will blame everyone they can but themselves for their failure to win a treble yet again..

They are always cheated, never defeated and show very little repect to anybody.

Don't see anything inappropriate with what i said and think Jags fans, Rangers fans and most fans of Scottish football clubs will think the same.

Being triumphalistic on a Jags Board doesn't absolve you from the fact that you are not a Jags supporter Billko.

Being triumphalistic on a Jags Board doesn't absolve you from the fact that you are not a Jags supporter Billko.

Makes no difference whatsoever what board you are on or what team you support Barney to enjoy Caleys win unless it's a Celtic forum you are on and you are a Celtic fan.

So i will carry on enjoying it.

Makes no difference whatsoever what board you are on or what team you support Barney to enjoy Caleys win unless it's a Celtic forum you are on and you are a Celtic fan.

So i will carry on enjoying it.

Please continue enjoying Celtic's misfortune. I am doing so I can assure you.

Your response does not negate my point though.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Thought that todays game was a great advert for Scottish football and that the better team on the day deservedly won it. The officials were as seems to be the case nowadays, simply awful how a referee aand an additional assistant can miss 2 absolute stonewall penalties is beyond me. Of course no action will be taken in respect of these egregious errors as per usual. Still it is nice to see wee teams contest the final. Hopefully the icing on the cake will be Sevco failling to make the SPFL :clapping:

Most sevco fans I speak to these days say they don't want promotion; they say they're not ready for it. Difficult to disagree with that. From what I've seen of them - bits and bobs on telly - I'm pretty sure we'd pummel them home and away. That squad they've got at the moment would do well to finish in the 11th spot in the 'Premiership'. (I really don't like that name).

Most sevco fans I speak to these days say they don't want promotion; they say they're not ready for it. Difficult to disagree with that. From what I've seen of them - bits and bobs on telly - I'm pretty sure we'd pummel them home and away. That squad they've got at the moment would do well to finish in the 11th spot in the 'Premiership'. (I really don't like that name).

Aye but The Lying King will be pumping in 30m....or so he said at his victory party. Things seem to have gone rather quiet on that front, much to the annoyance of several of my Sevco mates!!! In fact TLK appears to have done a runner back to South Africa. Lots of rumours that they don't have the type of money to pay off Ashley, clear debts, wages, upkeep of Ibrokes, running of Murray Park etc, etc and that they have been shocked at the amount of outgoings at Ibrokes. What a shame! Strong rumours that they are hanging on by their fingernails until season ticket money starts coming in and that will only paper over the cracks.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Well done ICT and Hughes who seems like a decent bloke and is always generous to the real Thistle when his team loses to us. I think a lot of "neutrals" will be tempted to go to the final especially if it's priced reasonably. So, the sellick support weren't treated to a good fist pumping from their manager today..... :lol:

Aye but The Lying King will be pumping in 30m....or so he said at his victory party. Things seem to have gone rather quiet on that front, much to the annoyance of several of my Sevco mates!!! In fact TLK appears to have done a runner back to South Africa. Lots of rumours that they don't have the type of money to pay off Ashley, clear debts, wages, upkeep of Ibrokes, running of Murray Park etc, etc and that they have been shocked at the amount of outgoings at Ibrokes. What a shame! Strong rumours that they are hanging on by their fingernails until season ticket money starts coming in and that will only paper over the cracks.

1383485_1583687048567089_9150982951810414368_n.jpg?oh=5e39e77bf7a426c990b8add38f3c8936&oe=55E2C1AD

1383485_1583687048567089_9150982951810414368_n.jpg?oh=5e39e77bf7a426c990b8add38f3c8936&oe=55E2C1AD

Be seriously interesting to hear Billko's thoughts now on The Lying King. Coming up for two months since his boardroom victory, but has scarpered back to South Africa, doesn't appear to have put in a penny of the 30m he promised. Sevco fans that I know, who were also big Lying King fans, are having serious doubts about him now. You still a big fan Billko.....serious question,honestly!

Walker said it was the worst display of refereeing that he has ever seen. Well Andy, that is by a country mile the worst case of bias summarising I have had the misfortune to listen to. He should really lose his job after that. It was totally embarrassing!

Absolutely. The line about the refereeing was his closing summary. Think he had to stop there because he was about to burst into tears. Really unprofessional.

There's no doubt that the missed handball changed the result as ICT would have struggled to come back from 2 down, assuming the pen was scored, with 10 men in the 2nd half, but that's football. Refs get things wrong. Until the authorities get their fingers out and allow video reviews we'll continue to get those mistakes. It's not as if Celtic have never profited from similar errors.

Never been to a Scottish Cup Final so might try and get along if ICT and Falkirk can't sell it out between them.

Walker is nothing more than an ugly, wee Tim who hasn't got the professionalism to keep his gub shut at the right times. His current employers really need to be showing him the door for that shocker today. It's the equivalent of Andrew Marr or David Dimbleby showing clear favouritism of one politician, or political party, over another. That's why they're respected professionals in their particular field and Walker isn't in his.

Most pundits, and some commentators, are ex-players and we all know that and expect the odd wee tendentious bit of punditry here and there, but that's it. Walker misconducted himself today in front of a large fee-paying audience. That's unacceptable, so it has to be jotters time.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

I'd expect that sort of 'expert' opinion on Celtic TV, but nowhere supposedly impartial. The refereeing display yesterday wasn't any worse than we see every week in the league, and I think I can remember a penalty shout or 2 in the games against Celtic which weren't given in our direction - yet no big outcry. It was almost a novelty to see something go against them for a change.

If Andy Walker is the most impartial and articulate pundit to be found, I may start watching on mute. The price of my Sky subscription seems to be rising at the same rate as my intelligence being insulted by their employees.

Billko, everything you criticise Celtic for, being ungracious in defeat and always deflecting the blame when things don't go their way. You are completely spot on.

The problem is that your team are exactly the same, in every single way. Hence the reason that we have no time for either of you.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

If Andy Walker is the most impartial and articulate pundit to be found, I may start watching on mute. The price of my Sky subscription seems to be rising at the same rate as my intelligence being insulted by their employees.

I'm strictly council telly & freeview so I have to admit I do quite like the idea of paying a subscription to get your intelligence insulted. Virtually all my Sky/BT viewing is in a pub with muted commentary. Occasionally at half time I've looked up at the screen and wondered to myself what are those clowns talking about?

The problem is that your team are exactly the same, in every single way. Hence the reason that we have no time for either of you.

Quite an easy thing to say Ian and never known any fans of clubs not moaning about something when a game goes against them

This board is the same when Thistle lose.

Celtic are the masters at it though and nobody else comes close to them when they fail fail.

Edited by billko