Will This Guy Never Learn?

Lindau

Hard to believe he is nearly 30 as well. What a waste of space and potential talent!

FOOTBALL bad boy who vowed last year to clean up his act after being busted with heroin is back behind bars — for dealing cocaine.

Ex-Partick Thistle ace Adam Strachan, 28, is starting an 18- month jail term after admitting another drugs charge.

Just 13 months ago the disgraced star claimed he’d changed his ways and would stay out of trouble for the sake of his young daughter.

And last night a source close to Strachan admitted: “He’s had plenty of chances to turn his life around — but he’s wasted every one of them.”

The latest of his string of convictions came last week when he pled guilty to supplying cocaine.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard drugs squad officers saw Strachan going in and out of a flat in the city’s East End on January 15.

When the house was searched coke was found in a sports bag — and Strachan admitted it was his.

He was sentenced to a year and a half in prison for the offence by Sheriff Martin Jones QC.

The shamed player was nabbed after having an electronic tag removed for a previous offence.

In March 2013 he was caught with £2,000 of heroin down his boxer shorts when he arrived at a pal’s house in Maryhill, Glasgow, while police were searching it.

Sheriff Andrew Normand let him off with 240 hours of community service and challenged him to “make a positive contribution to society”.

Last March Strachan said he was “just relieved to get a chance to redeem my stupid actions”.

Insisting he was going to “put things right” for the sake of his daughter Aimee, five, he added: “I hope my wee girl will get me back on the straight and narrow. If she can’t, who else can?”

Strachan — who has also played for Ross County and Clyde — was jailed for 12 months in 2012 after admitting carrying knives on two occasions. He was released in February 2013 but fitted with a tag and confined to a flat in Maryhill, Glasgow, by a night-time curfew.

Later that year he was photographed playing for Ayrshire Juniors side Irvine Meadow while wearing the tag around his ankle.

In 2009 Strachan was sentenced to 80 hours of community service for headbutting his then girfriend Laura McDermott, 26.

Two years later he got a year’s probation for threatening to knife Laura during a row at her flat in North Woodside, Glasgow.

His last official game was for Glenafton Juniors in January.

Edited by Lindau

"Glasgow Sheriff Court heard drugs squad officers saw Strachan going in and out of a flat in the city’s East End on January 15."

Entering a house is enough evidence to search it, is it? I take it the house was under surveillance already.

"... he was caught with £2,000 of heroin down his boxer shorts when he arrived at a pal’s house in Maryhill, Glasgow, while police were searching it."

He's got to be pretty or unlucky or spectacularly dumb, but why is visiting a friend probable cause to strip search someone? Oh right, the police can search anyone for no reason whatsoever in this country, I forgot.

Still, let's not forget this was the Brains of Britain who went into a shop on Maryhill Road, bought a knife, and then was filmed by CCTV opening the package and putting it in his pocket.

"Glasgow Sheriff Court heard drugs squad officers saw Strachan going in and out of a flat in the city’s East End on January 15."

Entering a house is enough evidence to search it, is it? I take it the house was under surveillance already.

"... he was caught with £2,000 of heroin down his boxer shorts when he arrived at a pal’s house in Maryhill, Glasgow, while police were searching it."

He's got to be pretty or unlucky or spectacularly dumb, but why is visiting a friend probable cause to strip search someone? Oh right, the police can search anyone for no reason whatsoever in this country, I forgot.

Still, let's not forget this was the Brains of Britain who went into a shop on Maryhill Road, bought a knife, and then was filmed by CCTV opening the package and putting it in his pocket.

I hardly think that there's no reason to search him considering his previous record. Reasonable suspicion I think.

His life looks like it's mapped out for a downward spiral, unfortunately.

Kinda looks that way. He'll probably end up managing Clyde.

He's got to be pretty or unlucky or spectacularly dumb, but why is visiting a friend probable cause to strip search someone?

Perhaps he was wearing his boxer shorts outside his trousers?

I suppose if they ask him for ID and then go check it. I doubt they recognised him when he showed his pus at his mate's place whilst Knacker was turning it over.

Right.

So local plod wouldn't recognise a convicted criminal with previous the length of your arm?

If you turn up at a house whilst it's being searched you're either stupid beyond belief or probably involved in the suspected criminality in some way. Either way you're getting checked out.

Edited by 1876Jag

Right.

So local plod wouldn't recognise a convicted criminal with previous the length of your arm?

If you turn up at a house whilst it's being searched you're either stupid beyond belief or probably involved in the suspected criminality in some way. Either way you're getting checked out.

There's quite a lot of people in Glasgow. The polis must be impressive if they clock everyone with a criminal record straight away. I don't know, maybe Knacker of Maryhill do know him well, although he was last arrested in the East End. I wouldn't recognise Adam Strachan though if I passed him in the street.

Do the police put up signs or a flashing light when they're in someone's flat searching it? Maybe they put up a warning on facebook or something. I think I'd not know until I chapped the door and found out.

But as we all know the police can stop and (apparently) strip search anyone they wish without a reason in this country. It all worked out in this case because he was carrying drugs on him.

The only reason we still talk about AS is because of his criminal activity. He was a sh1te player with a bit of pace in a sh1te team .

The worst crosser of a ball I've ever seen. I remember a game at Broadwood he hit 5 crosses in a row into the stand behind the goal.

I think he was the only player with any real pace back then and he had a bit of raw talent. If he had worked hard on his crossing he might have had a decent career but obviously that was never on. Normally I'd have a swipe at Campbell & Bone as neither would've been around in the afternoon to supervise extra training etc. Regardless I can't imagine with Strachan it would've made any difference. Horse to water and all that.

Particularly so when you have a chance to make a reasonable living as a professional footballer in Scotland

I suspect he will be able to make a better living as a drug dealer than he would have ever made as a footballer. Admittedly, the risks are a lot higher and he does need to get smarter about his new career choice.

There's quite a lot of people in Glasgow. The polis must be impressive if they clock everyone with a criminal record straight away. I don't know, maybe Knacker of Maryhill do know him well, although he was last arrested in the East End. I wouldn't recognise Adam Strachan though if I passed him in the street.

Do the police put up signs or a flashing light when they're in someone's flat searching it? Maybe they put up a warning on facebook or something. I think I'd not know until I chapped the door and found out.

But as we all know the police can stop and (apparently) strip search anyone they wish without a reason in this country. It all worked out in this case because he was carrying drugs on him.

You quite clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

As for Strachan, he's just another example of some of the reprehensible human beings that are part of the population of Glasgow.

You quite clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

As for Strachan, he's just another example of some of the reprehensible human beings that are part of the population of Glasgow.

Feel free to enlighten me then.

Ach! This is a football forum and not not a drug awareness seminar. Away and suck a spangle the pair of you :)