Hospitality For St Mirren Match

Fawlty Towers

I disagree - it really shouldn't be difficult or complex to make the price differential the exact same as buying a PATG ticket to ensure ST holders get the same discount on this as they're getting in general.

Not sure I understand. Probably my fault. Dearest ST is equivalent to about £18.50 per game. This hospitality deal values the ST at £20. I'd have thought if there's any marginal difference in value the benefit should always be on the side of the ST holder. I'd consider in this case £1.58 to be marginal.

Isn't the cheapest PATG ticket £22? So a ST holder would have expected to be getting £22 value for £18.50 when they signed up - justifying the significant initial outlay and the assumption that they will attend every game (even those moved for TV) to realise this value. If they choose the hospitality offer it should therefore be £22 cheaper for ST holders than non-ST holders.

Or am I being simple and missing something?

Isn't the cheapest PATG ticket £22? So a ST holder would have expected to be getting £22 value for £18.50 when they signed up - justifying the significant initial outlay and the assumption that they will attend every game (even those moved for TV) to realise this value. If they choose the hospitality offer it should therefore be £22 cheaper for ST holders than non-ST holders.

Or am I being simple and missing something?

OK, I see your reasoning. But if the Club simply increased the PATG offer to £62 then neither sector of fans would be better off. :)

To be serious tho' your point is valid and something the Club should address for next season (only a few weeks away re ST sales). It would help ST sales no end if there was tangible benefits to be seen rather than seeing the purchase devalued after point of sale. Altho' the argument that many fans buy season tickets for wider reasons than just getting a better return on their outlay is valid I believe regardless there will be many ST holders that don't appreciate their purchase taken for granted.

Besides there has to be a new intake of ST holders each year just for sales to stand still never mind expand. That intake has almost certainly got to come from current PATG punters. A difficult sale when previously there's been bulk ticket offers and favourable hospitality offers exclusive to PATG customers.

I got 5 free games as a season ticket holder. That's a good deal.

Did you take into consideration PatG discounts totaling £25? I think you'll find the maximum savings (exclusive to existing ST holders and early bird payment) would then be under 4 games.The financial benefits for a new ST customer would have been as low as £43.