Pre-Season Friendlies

Some very unrealistic suggestions here, particularly those who think that an English Championship club would be interested in hosting Partick Thistle.

Home friendlies for these clubs will be targeted at major European teams to bring gates in. The only Scottish clubs these teams would entertain would be the OF, due the large support they seem to take to games down there. Hosting them at Firhill is a lot more likely.

Unless there are any in the South of England, which is not going to happen, I won't be going to any anyway.

would love to see us play bournemouth and watford away, would be tremendous, two new epl teams, and one plays in red and yellow, the the other in red and black. but as pointed out by another poster, the only likely chance of such games would be if they were doing a scottish tour so we could possibly tempt them to firhill.

dumbarton, stirling, clyde, airdrie all away and if lucky one home game against some team no one is that bothered about or excited by is more likely to be our preseason friendlies. if we are really lucky we'll get a north of england game by the seaside.

Union Berlin would be memorable choice (Bundesliga II).

A great club and a great city. They played Dundee Utd and Celtic in pre-season friendlies last year or the year before, so not outrageous as a suggestion. And relatively

cheap for a European destination.

It's a bucket list thing to see the Jags play in a European away fixture...

• Like 1

Some very unrealistic suggestions here, particularly those who think that an English Championship club would be interested in hosting Partick Thistle.

Home friendlies for these clubs will be targeted at major European teams to bring gates in. The only Scottish clubs these teams would entertain would be the OF, due the large support they seem to take to games down there. Hosting them at Firhill is a lot more likely.

I would tend to agree with you on this but there were a few last year:

• Dundee United played (dirty) Leeds at Elland Road
  • Inverness played Birmingham at St Andrews
  • Admittedly not Championship any more but Dundee played at Sheffield United

I don't know whether the Inverness game was agreed as part of the Andrew Shinnie transfer, right enough. Like you, I don't expect any trips to Championship opposition but you never know.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 1

I would tend to agree with you on this but there were a few last year:

• Dundee United played (dirty) Leeds at Elland Road
  • Inverness played Birmingham at St Andrews
  • Admittedly not Championship any more but Dundee played at Sheffield United

I don't know whether the Inverness game was agreed as part of the Andrew Shinnie transfer, right enough. Like you, I don't expect any trips to Championship opposition but you never know.

St Mirren also played Wigan at the DW when they were in the Premier and Blackpool at Bloomfield Road when they were in the Championship.

Any matches I can get to easily please. Colchester United or Ipswich Town would be great if an East of England tour is planned. (Unlikely I know)

Perhaps not so good for the rest of us. Born and raised in Colchester but that was a long time ago. Not looking too good for the U's just now.