Money Raising - New Kit Early Please!

gerrybritton9

i know mr beattie wants ideas to get more money into the club.

why not get the new kits out asap? some teams use them in their last home game of the season so they sell all summer

with the school holidays coming up, its always an excuse for kids to get the latest gear to take on hols - and me too!

sell them all summer - dont wait till september!!

• Like 1

It is something that does have to be addressed, as we are very late in bringing out our kits compared to the rest of the clubs. I never wear football shirts except for matchdays, however when I am on holiday I make a bit of an exception as they are easy to just pull on.

On a side note, I really hope Joma come through for us this year, but I’m not holding my breath…

Slightly O/T to this thread title but Killie had their STs on sale immediately after they were safe Saturday night.

Meanwhile... Partick Thistle.... Waiting.... Still waiting....

The kit, STs not on sale yet, PA system & announcer (Jamie Mitchell living legend, seriously?)

Then there's the lack of consultation with the fans culminating with the decision to hand over JHS to Celtic fans. I see the financial sense in this but as someone pointed out to me Sat night, now this decision been made, it makes it easier to do it when Hearts or Aberdeen bring a big crowd say for a cup game.

But then, we're only fans/shareholders. You need a blazer to have a say otherwise it's shut up, do as your told & give us your money.

What's the latest on Propco anyway....?

• Like 1

Slightly O/T to this thread title but Killie had their STs on sale immediately after they were safe Saturday night.

Meanwhile... Partick Thistle.... Waiting.... Still waiting....

The kit, STs not on sale yet, PA system & announcer (Jamie Mitchell living legend, seriously?)

Then there's the lack of consultation with the fans culminating with the decision to hand over JHS to Celtic fans. I see the financial sense in this but as someone pointed out to me Sat night, now this decision been made, it makes it easier to do it when Hearts or Aberdeen bring a big crowd say for a cup game.

But then, we're only fans/shareholders. You need a blazer to have a say otherwise it's shut up, do as your told & give us your money.

What's the latest on Propco anyway....?

Killie have actually had them on sale for a while which given they could not be sure they would be in the top flight until Saturday was a bit of a risk. Anyway, we are selling ours this week I believe so it is not exactly leaving it to the last minute.

Killie have actually had them on sale for a while which given they could not be sure they would be in the top flight until Saturday was a bit of a risk. Anyway, we are selling ours this week I believe so it is not exactly leaving it to the last minute.

We've been safe for over a fortnight.

Surely the point is to strike while iron hot?

This should've been ready to go the second the final whistle went vs St Mirren. After all, after the Ross Co game the week before we were safe on everything but name.

i know mr beattie wants ideas to get more money into the club.

why not get the new kits out asap? some teams use them in their last home game of the season so they sell all summer

with the school holidays coming up, its always an excuse for kids to get the latest gear to take on hols - and me too!

sell them all summer - dont wait till september!!

Depends on how the deal is structured. If the contract has no link to sales figures, and is just a flat payment, per season. Then, for the club, there's no financial gain to an early release.

Can't argue with the OP but sometimes you have to credit Beattie and Co with having some business acumen in relation to running the Club. Their major failing, if indeed you call it a failing, is thinking purely with their bizniz hats on. So I can't really imagine the idea of bringing forward new strip sales for extra cash isn't something they've looked into. Whether of course it's something that couldn't be factored in to some future deal with the kit suppliers is another matter. Even as PT mentions there is no immediate cash benefit to the Club re early sales there is always a marketing benefit, albeit possibly minor, of supplying goods when the punter wants them.

The season ticket thingy is different and should imo be on offer as soon as possible. Selling and re-selling should be done on the back of what's considered a successful season and thus the earlier the better. I've long thought that we'll lose sales over the summer and particularly the holiday period when money earmarked for a ST is diverted elsewhere. I've also long believed that some sort of rolling 12 monthly payment scheme (ideally commencing from January) might assist the growth of ST sales.

With many calling for non OF season tickets then surely if this is indeed a reality they need to wait and see if one or both halfs will be in the equation. Even if non OF tickets are not available the revenue difference of Sevco in the league or not would influence where to pitch the price of a ST.

With many calling for non OF season tickets then surely if this is indeed a reality they need to wait and see if one or both halfs will be in the equation. Even if non OF tickets are not available the revenue difference of Sevco in the league or not would influence where to pitch the price of a ST.

Union Jack has tweeted there will not be a non OF season ticket.

Basically, the club are saying, we acknowledge a lot of ST holders don't attend Celtic games, and we will use that statistic to move you. But we won't ease the situation. You still will require to pay for a game we acknowledge you won't attend, in a stand you wouldn't want to sit in.

• Like 1

Union Jack has tweeted there will not be a non OF season ticket.

Basically, the club are saying, we acknowledge a lot of ST holders don't attend Celtic games, and we will use that statistic to move you. But we won't ease the situation. You still will require to pay for a game we acknowledge you won't attend, in a stand you wouldn't want to sit in.

But we'll give you free entry into a 2nd round League Cup game.

If we're drawn at home!!!

Bizarre.

I recall back in the days of the jester kit we displayed it at half time during the final home game of the season - I'm pretty sure I bought it at the end of the game before leaving the stadium. Our last home game of the season should be an occasion to get people fired up for the following season - ideally the team should wear next seasons kit and it should be on sale, ST's should be launched...of course a lot of this would only be really effective if the team didn't collapse to a shocking defeat in said game. Still, surely the club should be using that occasion as an excellent selling/marketing occasion?

Edited by Mediocre Pundit
  • Like 2

This thread prompted me to take a look at the online store. Frankly, there's not a single item in there that I'd be remotely interested in buying, and believe me I've bought a lot of Thistle jerseys, leisure wear, and general oddities in the not too distant past.

Is it just me, or do other folk see it as, well... uninspiring?

When looking at the other clubs who will be playing in the top league next season, there's a clear split between the ones that clearly see the value of advertising and selling their shirts early, before the Summer, in order to maximise sales of the product - and those which are more tin-pot in their methods of maximising revenue.

Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hearts have all revealed their kits for next season, and are either on sale or about to go on sale soon. Hearts are unusual because their kits aren't released until July, although the new designs are being promoted.

Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County and ourselves all have significant sales on this season's kits, but no indication of when new kits will be announced or on sale.

Kilmarnock and Inverness either don't have sales, or a discount of only £5.00, so presumably they don't plan on having a new kit for next season.

Hamilton don't even have their own online shop, and who knows what they're doing regarding kits.

Clubs which cannot understand that selling a popular item which is best suited for Summer weather as soon as possible are just shooting themselves in the feet financially.

If this is down to the suppliers or sellers we must ditch them and get with companies who actually know what they are doing.

• Like 1