Welcome Tomas

jagfaelivi

Great signing! Im sure I remember him being player of the year at Accies a few times and had the habit of saving penalties, something Foxy could never do

I thought he saved one against Killie recently? (Yea I know the rebound was scored, just being pedantic lols)

Great signing! Im sure I remember him being player of the year at Accies a few times and had the habit of saving penalties, something Foxy could never do

He won it in 2008-09, the year they finished ninth in the premier league.

I see the long-running verbal pot-shots at the Fox continue even when he's gone, a factor in his recent smokescreen statements and actions, I feel.

Comparisons to PG are inevitable (and perfectly valid), and the stubbly one is always going to win the penalty debate as he is exceptionally good in that department, having physically saved 4 out of 7 in competitive action.

But to say it's something Scott could never do is just plain wrong. Just for the record, 5 out of 20 (3 of which were physically saved) competitive opposition penalties were not converted in his time, a normal amount.

We all know he wasn't without his weaknesses, but surely that applies to just about every 'keeper at every club? Scott Fox's Thistle career stats are up there with the best we've ever had and, in my opinion, more respect for his positive on-field contribution was, and still is, required.

If Tomáš (Czech respect) turns out to be better than Scott then we'll have some 'keeper on our hands, that's for sure. I'll be happy if he's the equal.

• Like 3

Well said TJR. ... Foxy was more than adequate.

Gotta admit though... Ross County? They do say that the Goalies are the strange ones. I'll be suprised if that effort makes his youtube video as best save of a career. ... I guess we wait and see.

Good luck Scotty .... .... ... Ya big plum!

:)

And .... welcome Tomas ... be good or we'll call you a fatty or sumthin.

Worth a punt. We'll in Archie.

But to say it's something Scott could never do is just plain wrong. Just for the record, 5 out of 20 (3 of which were physically saved) competitive opposition penalties were not converted in his time, a normal amount.

Aye but your forgetting about the penalties a couple of Jags fans put past him at an event that escapes me. Competition winners maybe?