It's All The Board's Fault

Dark Passenger

The manager is copping the flack and with the goals for and points achieved to date, that is no surprise. I was out for a drink in midweek with someone who works at Firhill, first time I had seen him this season, and he told me Archie and Paterson was shocked at the amount the budget had been slashed. Archie had targets but they would not come on the low wages on offer and one year contracts. He wanted to improve the team for the third year running, but that looks like an impossible task, when all the teams about us have beefed up their squads and not lost a lot of their better players, unlike us! He could only bring in players that other clubs didn't want and as explained before, that's what happens when your budget gets slashed!

One thing that hasn't been forthcoming is what happened to the new share issue that was going to be raised, did the Weirs decline, if so are the club going to open up a share issue to existing shareholders and fans.

I missed the end of year fundraiser but understand the Weirs agreed to fund the Weir Academy for a further 3 years. That at least is something if we are relegated this season.

Also does anyone know what our most recently appointed director Ms Low's duties are and have we benefited from her services so far.

AJ

One thing that hasn't been forthcoming is what happened to the new share issue that was going to be raised, did the Weirs decline, if so are the club going to open up a share issue to existing shareholders and fans.

I missed the end of year fundraiser but understand the Weirs agreed to fund the Weir Academy for a further 3 years. That at least is something if we are relegated this season.

Also does anyone know what our most recently appointed director Ms Low's duties are and have we benefited from her services so far.

AJ

Have a look and see where her offices are based... Then have a look and see where the Weir's charity is based.

Then ask yourself, why she's on the board, at Partick Thistle.

• Like 3

This smacks of St Mirren part 2. Slashing the playing budget, getting rid of best players, short sighted decisions. And we all know what happened to them.

But I still don't understand fully. Whilst the home PATG numbers are down, this will be somewhat compensated by bigger away crowds with Hearts back in the league, 2 Celtic visits and 2 Aberdeen visits.

Plus the transfer money from Wigan. Plus more sponsor money. Plus more prize money.

So why has there been such a huge cut in the playing budget? If the board did indeed budget last year on average 4000 home gates, they are seriously deluded. I smell sh1te.

• Like 1

This smacks of St Mirren part 2. Slashing the playing budget, getting rid of best players, short sighted decisions. And we all know what happened to them.

But I still don't understand fully. Whilst the home PATG numbers are down, this will be somewhat compensated by bigger away crowds with Hearts back in the league, 2 Celtic visits and 2 Aberdeen visits.

Plus the transfer money from Wigan. Plus more sponsor money. Plus more prize money.

So why has there been such a huge cut in the playing budget? If the board did indeed budget last year on average 4000 home gates, they are seriously deluded. I smell sh1te.

Questions that need answered IMO. Archie was undefeated and won the league in his first year, got us to 10th in our first season back, improved that to 7th last season. His reward for that has been his budget being slashed. Mindboggling!

Beattie et all are no fools and they know this can't continue, maybe now they will provide Finance for AA to sign some free agents,if any decent ones out there. Problem is another influx of 2 or 3 players means team needs time to settle whilst all our rivals know there best starting 11 and are winning games and create an uncatchable gap for us to close.

Beattie et all are no fools and they know this can't continue, maybe now they will provide Finance for AA to sign some free agents,if any decent ones out there. Problem is another influx of 2 or 3 players means team needs time to settle whilst all our rivals know there best starting 11 and are winning games and create an uncatchable gap for us to close.

I think Archie knows his best 11.

Unfortunately, a lack of finances means it's not very good.

Questions that need answered IMO. Archie was undefeated and won the league in his first year, got us to 10th in our first season back, improved that to 7th last season. His reward for that has been his budget being slashed. Mindboggling!

Season ticket sales down this season & club posted a loss for last year end = less £ this season.

Season ticket sales down this season & club posted a loss for last year end = less £ this season.

Massively increased sponsorship deal, two new jersey's on sale, far bigger prize money from last season, Jack Hendry transfer money, more home games against clubs that carry a support than last season.

Edited by Lindau

Unfortunately I don't know where either of the addresss are? Why do you think she is on the board PT?

Both are based at:

7 Maritime Street

Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6SE

It's freely available on both their websites.

When I mentioned it at a game the other week, one of the lads said she is employed by them (the weir charitable trust) to look after their funds.

Colour me sceptical, but I think she wants to know where their money's getting spent. Or more to the point, where it's all gone.

I read the losses for last season were £400k so I think we were struggling even if we had increased season tix sales. I know from an ex Thistle staff member finances are ridiculously tight.

If the club did indeed lose that much last season, there is grotesque mismanagement within the club.

• Like 1

Shows the state of Scottish football when 4000 fans for an average home attendance is too high. I think we deserve more fans considering where we are based & the quality of football we've played in the last 3 or 4 seasons. Depressing really isn't it.

Board have backed the manager reasonably well this year in my opinion despite the terrible attendances.

Lost Higgy, Fox, Balatoni, O'Donnell and Taylor (loan) from the 1st team. Hendry latterly, although wage wise probaly not much of an earner.

Brought in Booth permanently, Cerny, Miller, Dumbuya, Amoo, Pogba and Muirhead (loan). Gave Welsh, Elliott and Lindsay new deals.

I'd say there has been sufficient backing for Archie. More have come in than gone, hes been able to offer new deals. Maybe if he identified a number of realistic targets early, and we had time, we were safe with ages to spare, we wouldn't be in this mess. We waited until August to bring in another striker on top of the only one we had. When we panicked per the previous year when our one lone target signed elsewhere, who it appears was so unfit that hes now regularly picking up recurring injuries. Smacks of bad organisation to me. Hes not spent his budget as well as he could have. Also our success record for these lads we've brought up from England is very poor, barring those like Higgy, Taylor and Osman who had previously played in Scotland. Overwhelming number of them are one or both of injury prone or pure shite. We've signed one player, correct me if I'm wrong, from the lower leagues since we got promoted, an unwanted ex Hibs benchwarmer. Is our scouting system now reduced to whoever the **** Rudi Vata is flogging?

• Like 2