Is There A Game This Midweek..

Vom Itorium

You wouldn't think so by the lack of a mention of it but tomorrow night's game is massive for the club.

The chance to progress and get a big tie in the next round and ANOTHER chance to rid ourselves of the sheer apathy that seems to be attached this season so early into it.

The players need to seriously raise THEIR game judging by Saturday's reports and we the fans need to give them 100% tomorrow night the way we did against Dundee. If we do our bit and they fail to find the teeth to give us a performance then the apathy may well set in big time, in a way that could well be another nail in the coffin for the club.

I'm looking forward to this match. It's a cup game and we should treat it as so and forget the pish that's been served up on our league travels so far.

I will be going along tomorrow, but I think we'll be on the end of a big defeat.

I for one wont be standing to applaud the players when they come out, I'm sick of giving the team my support as they disappoint at every turn. I've been to all but 4 games, both home and away over the past 3seasons, and I'm becoming sick and tired of giving the team my support when they do nothing to deserve it.

But rest assured I will be at every Thistle game, I'm not going to be like some of the people who will simply walk away when the going gets tough, but I really do believe that the players have to earn the support and respect of the fans!

The fact that the players cant be bothered is the thing that really gets me, the Dundee game proved we can play well when we can be arsed, but Morton proved that the team can simply not be bothered turning up for other games.

The fact that we are playing so badly is the fault of the players, the manager and the BoD, and I think the Jags fans have been overly patient with all three over the past few seasons, and I fully understand that most fans patience is starting to run thin.

However, Falkirk will be a really tough game, but the players owe it to the fans to make it through to the next round. In the current financial state, a run in all cups is imperative, but the players need to get it together, or I fear that come mid-season, our attendances will dip to that of the Dick Campbell era.

Everyone is pissed off already and then the big game is a shite draw against another 1st division team. It's a load of pish quite frankly, I'll be there but I've not looked forward to a game less in ages...and I bet it's raining.

couldnt agree more

I will be going along tomorrow, but I think we'll be on the end of a big defeat.

I for one wont be standing to applaud the players when they come out, I'm sick of giving the team my support as they disappoint at every turn. I've been to all but 4 games, both home and away over the past 3seasons, and I'm becoming sick and tired of giving the team my support when they do nothing to deserve it.

But rest assured I will be at every Thistle game, I'm not going to be like some of the people who will simply walk away when the going gets tough, but I really do believe that the players have to earn the support and respect of the fans!

The fact that the players cant be bothered is the thing that really gets me, the Dundee game proved we can play well when we can be arsed, but Morton proved that the team can simply not be bothered turning up for other games.

The fact that we are playing so badly is the fault of the players, the manager and the BoD, and I think the Jags fans have been overly patient with all three over the past few seasons, and I fully understand that most fans patience is starting to run thin.

However, Falkirk will be a really tough game, but the players owe it to the fans to make it through to the next round. In the current financial state, a run in all cups is imperative, but the players need to get it together, or I fear that come mid-season, our attendances will dip to that of the Dick Campbell era.

Should that not be over the last 7 years :thinking:

Everyone is pissed off already and then the big game is a shite draw against another 1st division team. It's a load of pish quite frankly, I'll be there but I've not looked forward to a game less in ages...and I bet it's raining.

Kinda my sentiments as well.

I think the only thing the game's got going for it is we've not played Falkirk in a long while. Obviously we've got another four fixtures to come and it'll get tedious soon enough, but at least tomorrow it's fresh opponents. Sorry, that's the best I can do :(

I can't remember such low key build up and general low interest in a game that's been validly pointed out to be of considerable significance.

Having only just returned to the forum today I think the fact there has been only 8 responses to this thread is as big as sign as anything as to the apathy that the fans have at present. I can't remember a game having as little interest on a Jags forum for years, especially a game that is of such importance.

I think this season we're really in for a rollercoaster - not that I think we'll be involved in a relegation battle - just that the team will continually raise our expectations and spirits only to proper piss us off in the next game. I suspect our home form will be pretty good and our away form dismal. We had a brilliant travelling support at Greenock but I cant see those numbers being repeated again unless we manage to string a couple of wins together.

Just look at our posts after the Raith, Dundee and now Greenock games - we're all as inconsistant as the players.

I have no solutions - I still think we've got a decent manager and team on paper - we just need to maintain a level of performance and get some breaks.

I'll be there tomorrow - i'm buckling myself in just now...

I think this season we're really in for a rollercoaster - not that I think we'll be involved in a relegation battle - just that the team will continually raise our expectations and spirits only to proper piss us off in the next game. I suspect our home form will be pretty good and our away form dismal. We had a brilliant travelling support at Greenock but I cant see those numbers being repeated again unless we manage to string a couple of wins together.

Just look at our posts after the Raith, Dundee and now Greenock games - we're all as inconsistant as the players.

I have no solutions - I still think we've got a decent manager and team on paper - we just need to maintain a level of performance and get some breaks.

I'll be there tomorrow - i'm buckling myself in just now...

Next we'll be getting called The Unpredictables :o:D

MerryHell's spot on. What I find tho' a bit alarming is that other posters who know that following the Jags is a roller coaster ride are so despondent re the playing side of things.

I really feel that the real worry and despondency should be concerning matters off the pitch. Perhaps we're all a bit guilty of muddlin' up our mediocrities. One is tolerable, following the Jags the roller coaster thingy is kinda the norm in any case. The other tho' is just unacceptable.