Just In

The Terminator

Okay, what have we learned:

- No striker on our books will score no matter who we play and how we deploy them.

- Hodge is still gash.

- We haven't even one player who would dare to try to beat an opponent or leave him standing, as a result we have an abundance of square passes across 90 minutes and none that really do anything. Rowson, although he does his job well, is more guilty of this than most I feel.

- Falkirk are crud.

- That doesn't matter, because we are worse.

Edited by The Terminator

Agreed, how many times did we have the ball twenty yards from goal and try "one more pass" instead of shooting?? :huh:

Oh and Mr McCall, Bryan "pass the buck" Hodge is p*sh, lazy and a shi*ebag. Please stop playing him.

Thought Paddy played well tonight, ok he makes mistakes at times but he does at least try to rectify them afterwards. Much much better than last season.

Agreed, how many times did we have the ball twenty yards from goal and try "one more pass" instead of shooting?? :huh:

Oh and Mr McCall, Bryan "pass the buck" Hodge is p*sh, lazy and a shi*ebag. Please stop playing him.

Thought Paddy played well tonight, ok he makes mistakes at times but he does at least try to rectify them afterwards. Much much better than last season.

he was one of the few, if not only, positives to be found. Fiercely determined whereas others such as Hodge are happy to sit back and observe. One quick break in the first half fell apart because of Hodge taking the two slowest touches ever recorded by man followed by a sclaffed pass to the wing. Complete liability.

Edited by The Terminator

Gotta wonder why he took cairney off instead of one of the defenders. Do we need 5 at the back when we are losing one nil and falkirk were only playing on the counter? Id have taken Balatoni off, not because he was any worse than anyone else but Cairney does occassionally score. Albeit it not for a while.

The committment was back tonight although it couldve been a bit better. So frustrating watching us knock the ball about and not really get anywhere then lump it forward for the 9 foot defender to head it clear. Cairney should have scored his chance but keeper made a decent save, he also made a good save from an Erskine shot and a Doolan drive from the edge of the area. Dunno who headed the one that was cleared of the line. That apart we played some nice football at times and some not so nice stuff too.They got an almighty slice of luck with the break of the ball for their goal. Someone needs to score and fast. Thought Boyle was terrific tonight apart from his stupidly crude challenge on Deuchar.Cairney worked his socks off as did Doolan. Thought Kinniburgh had a good game too. Cant understand why Flannigan was on the bench and Hodge started. Hodge always seems to slow play down or pass it backwards or maybe he only does it when im watching.

Other than being toothless in front of goal and Balatoni's 5 mins of madness, I thought we were good tonight.

Paddy Boyle was superb, the team played with heart and commitment (well 10 of them did anyway) Mr Hodge was lacking especially in the 2nd half.

I'd like to know why Doolan & Cairney were substituted if it was for any reason other than them having taken a knock.

It's a major worry how we cannot put the ball in the back of the net. Falkirk were awful tonight and were there for the taking. The Twadfather actually looked worse than at any time I saw him playing for us.

We need no win and win well at Cowden on Sat. Anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.

The committment was back tonight although it couldve been a bit better. So frustrating watching us knock the ball about and not really get anywhere then lump it forward for the 9 foot defender to head it clear. Cairney should have scored his chance but keeper made a decent save, he also made a good save from an Erskine shot and a Doolan drive from the edge of the area. Dunno who headed the one that was cleared of the line. That apart we played some nice football at times and some not so nice stuff too.They got an almighty slice of luck with the break of the ball for their goal. Someone needs to score and fast. Thought Boyle was terrific tonight apart from his stupidly crude challenge on Deuchar.Cairney worked his socks off as did Doolan. Thought Kinniburgh had a good game too. Cant understand why Flannigan was on the bench and Hodge started. Hodge always seems to slow play down or pass it backwards or maybe he only does it when im watching.

Pity it was only on show last 20 mins after the subs ! McCALL !! GET IT SORTED FFS !! We love our club ...but we ain't stupid !

Edited by Jaggy1967

There's something on P&B about FFC TV having silly-buggers played by them.

Cut and thrust is they have a live transmission for overseas subscribers (£11.99 a month they said) and had few problems with it in the SPL. Since coming down to the SFL they had a few issues initially with the governing body, but so far were accommodated fully by Clubs in the SFL. They applied for 3/4 passes so that their camera crew could get into the gantry, but Thistle rejected the request, granting them only 1 pass to allow filming for highlights and training purposes, insisting that they wouldn't be allowed to carry-out a live transmission. They were refused access to Thistle's internet connection and did the broadcast anyway by 3G.

Anyone know what went on?

Have to agree that Kinniburgh had a solid game. Boyle impressed me tonight long with Sid's link up play. We just play it too tight in and around the box. When we do get it out wide our crosses come in too early. There must have been at least 3-4 crosses from Paton in the 1st half with only 1 or 2 players in the box.

When was the last time you saw

a) a Thistle full back run with the ball

b ) any attempt (even a token effort) to get to the by-line from open play?

Edited by Lanarkjag

There's something on P&B about FFC TV having silly-buggers played by them.

Cut and thrust is they have a live transmission for overseas subscribers (£11.99 a month they said) and had few problems with it in the SPL. Since coming down to the SFL they had a few issues initially with the governing body, but so far were accommodated fully by Clubs in the SFL. They applied for 3/4 passes so that their camera crew could get into the gantry, but Thistle rejected the request, granting them only 1 pass to allow filming for highlights and training purposes, insisting that they wouldn't be allowed to carry-out a live transmission. They were refused access to Thistle's internet connection and did the broadcast anyway by 3G.

Anyone know what went on?

I don't see a problem with only letting 1 person in, if they desperately need 4 people, pay for them to get in via they money they receive from the subscribers.

I don't see a problem with only letting 1 person in, if they desperately need 4 people, pay for them to get in via they money they receive from the subscribers.

More than one person representing Falkirk tonight. Wouldn't mind that kind of help myself.

Anyone want to give me a hand when we are away at Falkirk? :P

Edited by Tom Hosie

Have to agree that Kinniburgh had a solid game. Boyle impressed me tonight long with Sid's link up play. We just play it too tight in and around the box. When we do get it out wide our crosses come in too early. There must have been at least 3-4 crosses from Paton in the 1st half with only 1 or 2 players in the box.

When was the last time you saw

a) a Thistle full back run with the ball

b ) any attempt (even a token effort) to get to the by-line from open play?

That's where our version of 3-5-2 falls down as we don't have wingbacks just full backs moving into more attacking positions. Pity cos once Boyle does get forward his delivery is usually good. With no wide player getting to the bye line it puts too much pressure on the three midfielders to all perform. That happened v Dundee (when Flannigan, Rowson & Cairney all had excellent games) but didn't tonight or on Saturday.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

If it means free entry, I'm sure you won't be short of volunteers!

I'm looking specifically for people to perform the following tasks:

Carry my lap top bag.

Plug my lap top in.

Take the top off my pen.

Open my notepad.

Look busy while the game is on.

All tasks vital to the running of the OS on a match day.

I'm sure that Falkirk will come up with six or seven press passes.

Lots of people in nice grey Falkirk suits walking about and looking important at Firhill tonight.

Carry my lap top bag.

Plug my lap top in.

Take the top off my pen.

Open my notepad.

Lots of people in nice grey Falkirk suits walking about and looking important at Firhill tonight.

:lol:

Carry my lap top bag.

Plug my lap top in.

Take the top off my pen.

Open my notepad.

:lol: When's the game at Falkirk? :thumbsup2:

Well...um...what now?

We can't score, 4 games against first division opponents and 1 goal scored. Says it all.

It's a problem throughout the whole squad, and it doesn't matter who the strikers are or what the formation is - they all suffer from it. The longer this dearth of goals goes on, the more it undermines confidence. McCall should have brought in a sports psychologist towards the end of last season, never mind in this one: like his tactical changes, it seems to take a long time for him to make strategic ones. :(