Just In

Woodstock Jag

An extremely well-earned point. Plaudits especially to Cerny who could have shut out a Russian airstrike tonight. Great game from Seaborne and Liam Lindsay continues to play beyond his experience.

Battling performance and nerve held well under a lot of pressure. If there was one weak spot in the team I'd say it was Edwards, as he was a bit lightweight in that middle berth and I'd have liked to see Muirhead come in for his last spell in there as the game went on.

That being said, the substitution for Pogba worked well, with Doolan dropping a bit deeper and we enjoyed a fair bit of pressure as they struggled to adjust to our slightly adapted shape.

Same again on Saturday please Jags.

I will say it till I am blue in the face....I wish we could get Tomas signed up on at least a two year contract. Can imagine clubs will be sniffing about him in January. Get him signed up now Archie....please. The two centre half's have been magnificent during this run. Young Liam is improving beyond all expectations with every game and I think a lot of that is down to Tomas and Danny. I was Danny's biggest critic last season and unlike some I have no problems in admitting I was 100% wrong. He has been immense this season

Sitting in a hotel in Aberdeen thinking we did well. I was high up in the Dick Donald stand, in among the sheep. They were pretty quiet and probably all to do with how hard Thistle worked for their third clean sheet in a row.

Cerny was faultless without having to make a top class save; he just did everything well. And, as has already been said, the two central defenders were superb- I had on the radio commentary as I watched and Willie Miller was very complimentary to us and particularly to young Lindsay.

Everybody worked hard without being brill - as a team we tend to be a wee bit lightweight, until, of course, Pogba came on and he certainly caused them a bit of bother.

We could have stolen it at the end and it was great seeing Archie making a good tactical move by forcing them back because we went two up front. Ten games and only one loss. Mon the Jags! Another good performance on Saturday please.

• Like 2

Initial post sums up the game very well. 400 or so made the trip but I doubt you'll get many different accounts. I too heard Willie Miller talking us up and his general gist was we earned the point and the Dons got what they deserved. Bannigan fast becoming the leader on the pitch. Takes just about every dead ball and more or less dictates our play. He was to a degree hampered by a bumpy pitch but so I'm sure were others on both sides.

The fact we could've snatched a win emphasises that it wasn't solely a backs to wall job. Not by any means.

Lindsay commands. He had that cheating bar steward Rooney in his back pocket the whole game.

Rooney is one of the most detestable players in the league and comes with an overblown reputation. Big Liam eradicated him from the first minute and it was evident from early on that he started moaning to the ref. When this happens you know a player like Rooney has lost it because he is being dominated.

When the ball comes into the box It belongs to Liam. Very similar to Archie at his best.

They had numerous corners and never looked like scoring; big change from previous seasons when we were bullied by them and others.