Fabulous

allyo

Don't believe it's about ability I am sure McLair and Wotte had the talent to develop just feel as usual it's about finance. I get the impression the SFA won't finance elite development and are relying on favours from the clubs to achieve their targets. No doubt the clubs have a different agenda and don't fully see eye to eye. Unless the SFA are prepared to fund a certain number of youth through their development each year I don't see it improving as clubs will always look to their vested interests including the Jags.

In an ideal world each club would be developing regular talent for the national team to choose from however with the current void they need to try and truncate the system and develop a specific group year on year.

A very difficult position to be in control of and not surprising he has left.

Quite fitting that this comes on the eve of one of our teams being humiliated out of Europe by a Maltese outfit. Our game is a complete and utter joke on all levels. Would love to hear McClair's thoughts on the whole set up as someone who had been at Man U for 30 years, but I very much doubt he'll ever be able to talk about it publicly.

Find it interesting that the man whose job it must be to define the role, and employ the right person, describes it as "finding himself lobbying and presenting in the boardroom". Is this the vision that's going to drive the Scottish game forward?