Cowan And Players Slam Jags Fans

Yellow & Redneck

DailyRecord

Its a real shame we can't find the absolute pig responsible for such a cowardly act! I'm guessing it was someone who was sitting/standing in the stand.

These kind of people should never set foot in Firhill again, how would this person like it if Craig Hinchcliffe came to there place of work and spat on them for not doing something right.

Gone are the days of good, proud Jags fans, all we are left with is common neds and thugs!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DailyRecord

Its a real shame we can't find the absolute pig responsible for such a cowardly act! I'm guessing it was someone who was sitting/standing in the stand.

These kind of people should never set foot in Firhill again, how would this person like it if Craig Hinchcliffe came to there place of work and spat on them for not doing something right.

Gone are the days of good, proud Jags fans, all we are left with is common neds and thugs!

Hhhmm, methinks the fellow doth protest too much.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

DailyRecord

?

I find Cowan's time as Partick Thistle chairman "deplorable".

While not condoning the incident, vile is just plain vile, and while I do not challenge Mr Hinchcliffe's integrity, I am struck by how long this has taken to come to the surface.

Could this be, in any slight way, connected with the increasing protest level around here concerning Mr Cowan's leadership. What's next?

Who among you has WMD's and is even now preparing to launch a strike against the Firhill Board Room inside the next 45 minutes........?

Jagsfan 123's response sums it up for me. Perhaps Cowpat should be more interested in how we feel about what is happening at the club. Frankly the Chairman is beyond belief and while no one can condone the alleged event there is a hell of a lot more going on at Firhell to be totally disgusted at!!!

Cowan out!!!!!

Great - ignore the aspect of a fan spitting on a memeber of their own team, and just make comments about the board...

Some people would have reacted to the holocaust by saying 'aye, but they jewish folk were affy sneaky...'.

Don't care what you think of the board - get this person found, and get them banned!

Precisely, this shouldnt be an attack on the board. The bottom line of it is some common thug spat on one of the Jags players, which was a malicious and cowardly act. I dont want to support a team whose fans are comparable to that of our friends to the south and east of the city.

No matter how bad it gets on the field, an assault is an assault, and thats the bottom line.

I've not seen anyone condoning the guy who spat. It's a vile thing to do and I hope the guy responsible is found and banned.

However, people have every right to have a go at Cowan and the board. Especially since Cowan seems to be using it to deflect attention away from the fact that we are in serious trouble as a direct result of his actions. He needs to be held to account.

Edited by GrantB

Some folk just cant help themselves. Yes, we know the board are buffoons but it would appear that so are quite a few Thistle fans.

Exactly. I just hope that if or when we do get media attention re the plight of our Club they're nowhere near an interviewer's microphone. Would be a PR disaster. :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I was going to say that I don't think anyone is using a vile incident to have a pop at the board but i've thought about it and some people probably will use any excuse to voice their aganda against the board.

However it doesn't escape from the facts,first and foremost and nobody seems to be in disagreement,is the fact that spitting is a disgusting act, so that's not an issue , we all agree, it's mingin' and low.

So taking aside the action ,we're still left with the cause of the action, the run of events that made this paticular fan act in this way, the fan next to him may have vented his anger with a tirade of verbal abuse, an act that doesn't disgust everyone in the same way, but an act derived from the exact same chain of events that led to both attacks, events that are largely the fault of Mr Cowan and others on the board.

If they hadn't been so incompetent in running PTFC, theoretically neither incidents would have happened, so what we don't need is our completely incompetent chairman publicly focusing on an incident that he is largely responsible for just because of the incidents disgusting nature, when we know for a fact he's avoiding EVERY SINGLE other bad word and pointing finger being directed because of everything going on at Firhill.

If he's going to publicly address the reactions of the fans towards the club let him address them all, not just the ones he knows there is no defense against ,like spitting.

I am in despair after reading the replies to this topic.I wonder what the replies would have been if it had been an opposing supporter had carried out this vile attack.I see its the sames names as usual having ago at anything Thistle.I suppose it wasthe policemans fault for falling down in Manchester.Either grow up or go away and leave us in peace.

Goalkeeper coach Craig Hinchcliffe, who is also the Jags' second choice keeper, was the victim of the attack as the players trudged off the park after the 2-1 defeat at Central Park - their third loss in the space of seven days.

So this must have happened near the tunnel? Plenty of folk on here must have seen it happen. Yet no-one has mentioned it. No-one claims to have seen this happen. I find that odd. I'm not for one second saying anyone's tellin porkies. I just find it odd. Also, why did it take almost a week to break the story? Did the Daily Retard run out of OF players' birds boob job stories?

Nasty thing to have happened and the ned who did it should be ashamed of himself.

AND Cowan & Co should realise that what they have done to Partick Thistle Football Club is MUCH more vile and gut-churning.

Biggest target? :ph34r:

In response to GrantB, there are plenty of threads bemoaning the goons in charge, this one's about a ned Thistle fan who has disgraced his club.

Spitting disgusts me, it's the lowest of the low and I am as appauled as the next man that one of our own chose to vent his anger in this way.

However, we must not allow the shameful actions of one individual to overshadow the position we find ourselves in. Our chairman would be better served commenting about that.

What a load o’ guff, overshadow the position we find ourselves in, aye right, maybe for two minutes. This guy has some imagination.

This is or was a thread about the Spitting Jags Fan. How on earth can that be construed as a rouse to divert criticism from the board. And how on earth can it be considered because Cowan comments to the papers about the Spitting Jags Fan he is attempting divert our attention away from the board.

The Spitting Jags Fan thread will peter out soon but before it does we should have a campaign to out the scum-bag. Come on someone must know his identity. Point the finger now.

What a load o’ guff, overshadow the position we find ourselves in, aye right, maybe for two minutes. This guy has some imagination.

This is or was a thread about the Spitting Jags Fan. How on earth can that be construed as a rouse to divert criticism from the board. And how on earth can it be considered because Cowan comments to the papers about the Spitting Jags Fan he is attempting divert our attention away from the board.

The Spitting Jags Fan thread will peter out soon but before it does we should have a campaign to out the scum-bag. Come on someone must know his identity. Point the finger now.

The whole thing sounds like a work of fiction.