Development Squad.

Big Dan

Very surprised at McInally. Was impressed anytime I saw him and he had an engine. Wonder if his size was a factor, though unlikely as his 1st team competitor is Muzzy. McMullin isn't too much of a surprise. I know M'Lady rated him, but for me he didn't show enough to say he could be another Liam Lindsay or Jack Henry. Can only wish the released guys all the best in finding a new club

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Very surprised at McInally. Was impressed anytime I saw him and he had an engine. Wonder if his size was a factor, though unlikely as his 1st team competitor is Muzzy. McMullin isn't too much of a surprise. I know M'Lady rated him, but for me he didn't show enough to say he could be another Liam Lindsay or Jack Henry. Can only wish the released guys all the best in finding a new club

McMullen is just one of a serious of serious of young central defenders I've been wrong about. Tho' this time I know a few others will be surprised. Off the top of my head I can't mind the others I thought could break thru but didn't. I also didn't rate Jack Hendry any higher than a couple of defenders we released so I shouldn't be the least bit surprised McMullen's away.

Wish the lads released all the best and hope they go on to play at a decent level. All showed tremendous attitude and enthusiasm.

The simple fact is we can't keep them all on. Also, it won't just be on their ability alone that Archie needs to take in to consideration but what first team players we already have in their position and length of contract they have.

I suppose that is why I was especially surprised at McMullin, we do not have strength in depth in the middle of defence.

As AJ says though, the management see them more than we do and know them as individuals too.

Edited by Jag