New Sponsor

Pinhead

A bit shambolic off the pitch, can't believe anyone thinks that. If this is based on us only securing a 1 year sponsorship deal on what may be as good or if not better than the last deal, it's a pretty pathetic description of PTFC at the moment.

We are probably in the best position we have ever been off the pitch,

No or very little debt

A youth academy growing in stature

An investor (Weirs) who support the club under the radar

A new state of the art Training Academy

Aye symbolic right enough???

All the positives you quote are down to a couple winning a lottery and graciously pumping money into the club.

What about our kit deal with Joma. We haven't even announced a date for the new kits due to having to hunt around for a sponsor which is paying substantially less than the previous one which we largely lucked out on thanks to a connection with a fan.

Still issues with ticketing, my season ticket still isn't registered for the seat I've requested.

Anyone still waiting for their sponsored shirts?

I stand by my opinion that it's pretty shambolic. Solutions? We obviously need some more bodies in the club to assist with the commercial and match day side of things. Have we seen an improvement in the overall match day experience? Possibly but it's having little impact on the number of Jags fans coming through the turnstiles. Our season ticket sales are also dwarfed by clubs in the Championship let alone our Premiership rivals.

The investment from the Weirs has been amazing and FairPlay to JEL for stepping in at the last moment to ensure we have a shirt sponsor. I'm sure they've done various levels of sponsorship over many years.

I appreciate the work put in by those at the club but it's obvious they need further assistance in making the club truly sustainable.

• Like 1

We are not shambolic. We are one of the best run clubs in the country punching above our weight. Stable, professional with integrity. A small staff to keep costs down as we are a small club.

Your last sentence is undeniable but perhaps also explains why things go inevitably wrong. If it was just the naysayers who complained about certain aspects of the way the Club is run off the pitch then we could take their gripes with a pinch of salt. Look tho' at the individual complaints and comments from the posters who mention for instance communication/delivery problems.

btw the original comment was not "shambolic" but a "bit shambolic" . I've no reason to believe that's not a fair description. I also believe for a club with a small staff and currently without a commercial manager, quite understandable.

I think it's only fair to assume that JEL will not be paying us what Kingsford were. I have been told by a decent source it's around half of what Kingsford paid per year. That's undoubtedly disappointing if true but at the same time, it can't have been easy trying to attract a sponsor in the current climate especially with no commercial manager in place.

I have a balanced view of the club at the moment. I do believe we have made some progress since we were promoted but I also think you have to temper that with the amount of money contributed by the Weirs. Had it not been for them, and with the home attendances showing no signs of significantly increasing, I do believe we would be in a bit of trouble and may not have had the finance to put such a good team on the park the last couple of seasons.

• Like 2

I am not saying things are perfect, however my original post was in response to a post which said the club were shambolic off the park, which when you have supported Thistle as long as I have, couldn't be further from the truth.

Also we do have the Weirs supporting us, we should embrace that situation, rather than articulating that we would be in shit if we didn't have them, that applys in every walk of life, I.e the Lab party would be in shit if the didn't have Corbyn, but they do..

I am not saying things are perfect, however my original post was in response to a post which said the club were shambolic off the park, which when you have supported Thistle as long as I have, couldn't be further from the truth.

Also we do have the Weirs supporting us, we should embrace that situation, rather than articulating that we would be in shit if we didn't have them, that applys in every walk of life, I.e the Lab party would be in shit if the didn't have Corbyn, but they do..

I think every Thistle fan is thankful that the Weirs are on board, and grateful for what they've done for the club but that doesn't mean we should ignore other failings at the club. Nor does being in a better position than previously mean that we shouldn't strive to improve wherever we can.

The Weirs cleared our debt. We were managing to service it so it was a pain but did not put our survival as a club under threat. Now the debt is gone our repayment is gone so we have more money there.

The Weirs fund the academy. Without their money I would argue it's a luxury. We are a small club and IMHO we would either 1. Combine youth setup with 1 or more clubs like Queens Park, St Mirren etc or do what Brentford did and scrap it and instead pick up players freed from other bigger clubs and offer them a "2nd chance" while playing against big clubs in UK and Europe outwith any league setup.

The training facility will be paid for by Weirs but then we pay rent for maintenance as we do at Garscube, Pollok Park, lesser Hampden.