December Fixtures Farce

Z88

At least they'll get runners-up medals....

Which is precisely what Lou Macari said to Jags players in the tunnel prior to the League Cup Final on 23/10/1971.

Inexplicably, the normally loquacious Mr Macari was unavailable for comment after the match!

Edited by CCjag
  • Like 1

This makes no sense, utter madness. Who can afford tickets and travel for eight matches in a month ffs. These people are so detached from the real people it's actually frightening....and not a peep from the media.

Any ideas how we change it without penalising our clubs? Seems to be the chair of the league is a life appointment or until you cannot be arsed anymore. Pure ragin

As has been said, although it is not ideal having 8 games, we should hopefully have a few more players available for selection by the time December comes round therefore it might not be as bad as you make out. As a footballer you would prefer games to training. Theres no doubt though that it will be an expensive month for the diehards that never miss a game.

I just think the contempt shown to the SPFL 'customers' is unforgivable

Agree but I'd broaden that to include the SFA as well.

In any other walk of life both Doncaster and Regan would have been kicked unceremoniously out the door long ago. The latter has presided over not one but two ****** up Scottish Cup draws. He has rewarded ardent followers of the national team by selling them batches of tickets at a dearer overall price than they would have paid buying their tickets individually. Just yesterday the national team squad announcement had to be resubmitted as the SFA had forgotten to include the team captain and had also named another selected player's brother in error. All that represents nowhere near half of the mismanagement we've had to suffer during Regan's tenure. With Doncaster a similar list is so long I wouldn't know where to start. However the most damning indictment regarding these two clowns is that all the calamities and balls ups they've presided over isn't nearly as detrimental as the utter contempt they've shown for their customers.

Take your point Moneh but i'm talking about the financial impact of 8 games at Christmas ffs. £22 a game for me, my kid has a season ticket but away games cost. £10-15 quid concession at most vrounds. Footy in december will cost me in the region of £200 add cost of away for the kids, and travel. Something needs done to help families with cost, and to encourage crowds back to firhill, i just don't know what else the club can try but could start by challenging doncaster and his incompetent cornies and say NO, i'd rather have more mid week games later in the season when the weathers better.

Don't anyone dare mention fixture congestion due to a S ottish Cup run, just don't

It'll be okay for Doncaster on his £100k plus salary.....oh aye and that bam gets in for free, bleedin freeloaders the lot of them.

Only protest worthwhile is to vote with your feet but that only punishes our club so thats not happening. I used to go to Scotland home and away then kids came along and also successive half wits running the game so i've stayed away since 1992.....fat lot of good that's done. Still run by half wits.

We should try and adopt a similar system to Barca, vote in an el presidente but with the closed shop that is the SFA we are gubbed. Fat cats at the trough for evermore....rant over, thanks.