Prentice

Gordie

Tomorrow is the 40th birthday of my mate Rodge.

Last Tuesday his mum went to Firhill, with a card and asked if the players would sign it, a photo and a wee snipet for the programme.

Eddie took all the dtls and stuff from his mum and saied he would be happy to this.

Today, no card delivered, no mention in programme, he did get a message on tannoy.

This is a guy who had travelled everywhere to watch his team. Has brought his kids up to support the Jags. Has spent a fortune on merchandice, sponsored players and they cant even do this for him.

Very poor Eddie. very poor indeed.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Rodge. A true Jags fan unlike some of those in power at Firhill.

Nevermind, Rodge. This time next season there won't be a Firhill. We'll be renting out Scotstoun Showgrounds and be bottom of the 2nd division, heading for 3rd div oblivion. We need a new manager, quick. He's oot there, somewhere. We just haven't found him. Yet. McCall must go. Get him out by Friday. :cheers: Happy birthday. Awrabest. :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

Tomorrow is the 40th birthday of my mate Rodge.

Last Tuesday his mum went to Firhill, with a card and asked if the players would sign it, a photo and a wee snipet for the programme.

Eddie took all the dtls and stuff from his mum and saied he would be happy to this.

Today, no card delivered, no mention in programme, he did get a message on tannoy.

This is a guy who had travelled everywhere to watch his team. Has brought his kids up to support the Jags. Has spent a fortune on merchandice, sponsored players and they cant even do this for him.

Very poor Eddie. very poor indeed.

Would have been better going to see Ami.

last year my Sis got married to a fellow Jags man. I gave Ami a strip and asked if squad would sign it. I got it back all signed and a card from club signed by board and staff.

The wedding itself was thistle themed. Each table named after a thistle legend. Ami arranged to take each table menu and got it signed by the legend whose name was on it and posted them back to me....i then gave them to the happy couple.

sorry to hear bout your tale.

What's the story with EP? I know he's claiming a wage from the club for running the Centenary Fund etc, but is he working full time? Doesn't he have another business to attend to? There's very few staff left at the club, and whilst using 'in-house talent' is possibly a way to keep the costs low, I question whether it might not have been better to have volunteers, like the Trust say, running a fundraiser? We have fan volunteers doing just about every job possible around the stadium, so should we be paying Directors for part time work? Well, the Club is hardly winning hearts and minds with the charm offensive described above so perhaps it's a question of value for our money?

With the Players Budget so pitiful, I think we need to ask how much the BOD are putting in and how much they're taking out in terms of wages and loans. If they could find the capital to invest in a property deal (that ought to provide them with a little extra pocket money), then why is the Manager working with such scraps.

Edited to add - Happy Birthay mate!

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

• Members

He received £20k for the first 9 months for working part time at the Club as revealed at the Club AGM. I think he was still drawing a salary up until around the start of the season. I think I recall around August. We wont find out till the AGM next year I guess how much he took from the Club.

It would be interesting to know if he was a PropCo investor.

Incidentally, what a shit happy Birthday thread!

Happy Birthday Rodge!

Since EP has returned to the club the administrative side of it has gone down the shitter faster than I thought was possible.

The Centenary Fund should be s piece of piss to administer but he seems to be able to **** that up on a regular basis. I dont care about late draws but when he cant deal with processing new memberships or changes to existing ones or even chasing people who have cancelled then TBH its time he chucked it and left it to someone (anyone) else to do.

Things like dropping hospitality plus all the other rumours you read on this place or hear from others make this a very very worrying time to be a Jags fan and that we are on the edge about to tip into the abyss.

Anywya happy birthday Rodge :D

Cheers for all the birthday messages.Mr prentice phoned my mum with excuses this morning saying he thought she was picking up the card even though he had stated he would post it.And that he forgot what game it was to go in the programme even though he checked at the time and new it was the stirling game.My mum had went to the offices a full 2 weeks in advance to organise more gutted for her then me.

he did say that he would take the blame although he had been away on buisness all last week.he will post the card out today maybe get it for next year.

imo the club at the moment is in total meltdown fron the team to the pre match experience,directors,i really fear for this club.

Did ger a card from Stenny mind you.

Looks like you're right, nowhere to be seen on the official site. So who's left then, Ami and PeeTee?

I started to think that over the last couple of seasons we seemed to be making strides at looking like a professionally run club for once, it seems that even that is now systematically being destroyed along with our club and ground.

• Members

Looks like you're right, nowhere to be seen on the official site. So who's left then, Ami and PeeTee?

I started to think that over the last couple of seasons we seemed to be making strides at looking like a professionally run club for once, it seems that even that is now systematically being destroyed along with our club and ground.

I know CD helps out in the office now and then as well as his photography on a Saturday and they've had other volunteer staff particularly during the Season Ticket sale at the start of the Season. I think Eddie Prentice still helps out in there during the week unpaid now (I could be wrong?).

• Members

I know CD helps out in the office now and then as well as his photography on a Saturday and they've had other volunteer staff particularly during the Season Ticket sale at the start of the Season. I think Eddie Prentice still helps out in there during the week unpaid now (I could be wrong?).

I hear that he does indeed still manage the Office during the week. You have to conclude that he is therefore likely to still be getting paid by the Club. Tom Hughes is the Financial Director, so you would also come to the conclusion that he is okaying this. An investor in PropCo getting paid by the Club and pissing off the fans at the same time!

Can someone clarify, was the Centenary Fund sold to the fans on the grounds that profit from it would go to putting new players on the park?

I hear that he does indeed still manage the Office during the week. You have to conclude that he is therefore likely to still be getting paid by the Club. Tom Hughes is the Financial Director, so you would also come to the conclusion that he is okaying this. An investor in PropCo getting paid by the Club and pissing off the fans at the same time!

Can someone clarify, was the Centenary Fund sold to the fans on the grounds that profit from it would go to putting new players on the park?

The aim of the Centenary Fund is that it will eventually generate up to £100,000 per annum for the benefit of the club and the player pool and to recruit supporters from across the UK and overseas.

Official site

• Members

The aim of the Centenary Fund is that it will eventually generate up to £100,000 per annum for the benefit of the club and the player pool and to recruit supporters from across the UK and overseas.

Official site

Thanks. So, we're not seeing anything extra on the park and EP is presumably drawing a wage. Is the Centenary Fund paying for Eddie Prentice?