Qos Away Xi

PaleGreySky

Maybe we didn't deserve to lose - in someone's dreams.

Back in the real world, we were beaten by an uninspiring QoS team that applied the effort at the right times and places to win, while our team put in a lot of effort and some good play, to no effect; we are well adrift at the foot of the division; we have been beaten by the other teams that are at risk of relegation; the confidence in the team has been dissipated.

Before the manager can put anything right, he has to recognise the failures, and, sadly, there's no sign of that in the post-match comments from McCall.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were set up to be defensive with 5 across the back - and it worked. We lost to the only two on target strikes that Queens had in the entire game. McCall should stick to this formation for pretty much all of our away games this year. This was another terrible result but it wasn't a terrible performance we will play worse and win - Queens were probably worse than us.

When Archie came off, replaced by Cairney, it looked like we adopted a 4-4-2 to me with Hodge going wide left and Jackie Mac going to centre back instead of sweeper. That seemed a more comfortable formation for everybody except Hodge who looked as if he'd just been instructed to learn a different sport.

Any jags fan that thinks we deserved a win is daft, we had nothing at all. I havn't seen any stats but dont remember any shots on target and we had f*** all up front. The fans that clapped the team off at the end, what were you applauding?

Agreed.

About the applauding, now I don't have a problem with it but honestly what in that performance yesterday merited the players being clapped off the park?

I was completely dejected after last weeks performance and was convinced the night before to go yesterday by a group of mates, as Dumfries is a decent day out. That really is the last away game for me this season, until there is a drastic improvement in results and performances. I'm not wasting my money and singing for 45 minutes non stop for that bunch of girls representing the Club.

There is no steel in the team, no intimidation. We get bullied. Biggest bunch of pansies I've seen in the red and yellow for a long time.

Just back.

All the QoS guys I spoke to apologised for picking our pockets. We weren't great but we were a lot better than QoS.

However, it's the same old failings for us, not turning our superior possession into goals. Flannagan seemed to me to be the only guy in the team prepared to take a shot. Buchannan was denied an absolute stonewall pen (the QoS guys at the other end all thought so as well) but as others have said, he should have had his shot away before the challenge went in.

I didn't think Hodge played that bad. As Honved said, he looked as if he had been told to keep an eye on Burns - and since Burns was a ghost the whole game, he must have done it well.

Cairney, however, has went backwards. He looks a shadow of the player he was last season and judging by the fact he now resembles a barrell, needs to look at his lifestyle. I'd drop him for the forseable future and hope that it is the wake up call he needs.

Cairney, however, has went backwards. He looks a shadow of the player he was last season and judging by the fact he now resembles a barrell, needs to look at his lifestyle. I'd drop him for the forseable future and hope that it is the wake up call he needs.

Well I suppose Cairney was dropped from the starting eleven yesterday. With MacBeth & Bannigan now bloodied in the first team there's every possibility PC could find himself out of the reckoning.

Imo Cairney has not performed consistently well since before his illness last season.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett