What Can We Do?

Jeehon

Every day we're becoming closer and closer to relegation, and then eventually we'll be ******, we really need to do something about this because as many people have said, the board in the root of the problem, never mind McCall for now.

I agree but I'm prepared to hang fire until we get a full account of last friday's meeting with the Board. I suspect this report will frame a lot of our future decisions as a fanbase. Let's get an informed perspective and then, quickly, take it from there. I agree though, we need to move fast. We can't sit on our hands any longer, and if it simply begins with a slow chant of "Allan Cowan Out" at the Dunfermline game then at least it's a start.

I agree but I'm prepared to hang fire until we get a full account of last friday's meeting with the Board. I suspect this report will frame a lot of our future decisions as a fanbase. Let's get an informed perspective and then, quickly, take it from there. I agree though, we need to move fast. We can't sit on our hands any longer, and if it simply begins with a slow chant of "Allan Cowan Out" at the Dunfermline game then at least it's a start.

From infront of the directors box?

I'd be more inclined to get Hughes and prentice out first. Cowan is merely a bumbling fool. The position of chairman means nothing at firhill, it's just a poisoned chalice, passed amongst friends.

Hughes is responsible for money going out.

Prentice is responsible for money coming in.

But as has been mentioned before in other threads, Cowan resigns as chair but remains as a director. Same thing as Hughes, he could resign as a director but keep the shares in the same way as McMaster and Springford have.

I'll be interested in what the statement of the Jags Trust tells us. I'm sure they went in with a plan saying that if we don't get assurances on A,B and C then X,Y and Z will happen.

However my fear is the B.O.D. pulling the emotional blackmail and saying if the Trust withdraw support then the club will go to the wall. Rock and Hardplace scenario.

What should we do? No idea but end of the day my feeling is it's too late and one way or other the key to this is the other 50% of Propco, which i'm led to believe that those who already own 50% have first refusal on.

We sold our soul to the devil the day we took the leap of faith and now we (the fans/the real lifeblood of the club) are paying the price.

Springford??? He bought his shares and is fully entitled to them!

Ok, my mistake.

So would you say Eddie Prentice is fully entitled to stay on B.O.D. and pick up money as part time chief executive or even become next club chairman (assuming club survives)?

They're all as guilty as each other and my maths tells me bought shares are worth nothing when club goes bust. Propco however.....

Plenty of guilty parties and plenty of blame being apportioned. On the other hand, ideas of what the fans can do to still have a football club are very thin on the ground as too many still having a swipe at each other.

Theres a very good chance it will reach boiling point come Saturday. We'll be getting hammered and the board may well be sandwiched in between the fans at the shed and the otherside where there is plenty of bigtime hardcore jags fans too. Or do they sit in the yella' seats now up the family section to avoid the "thugs"?

• Members

Ok, my mistake.

So would you say Eddie Prentice is fully entitled to stay on B.O.D. and pick up money as part time chief executive or even become next club chairman (assuming club survives)?

They're all as guilty as each other and my maths tells me bought shares are worth nothing when club goes bust. Propco however.....

Plenty of guilty parties and plenty of blame being apportioned. On the other hand, ideas of what the fans can do to still have a football club are very thin on the ground as too many still having a swipe at each other.

Obviously you haven't read any posts I've making about EP over the past few weeks then! :)

The difference is, Norman Springford is a shareholder and a major one at that. However, he isn't part of the current Board.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I believe Norman Springford used to make his hotel chain available to the Club for stopovers for away games for the team. There's a lot of history between present and past Board Members. If there's a split on the Board right now I wouldn't be surprised.

Obviously you haven't read any posts I've making about EP over the past few weeks then! :)

The difference is, Norman Springford is a shareholder and a major one at that. However, he isn't part of the current Board.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I believe Norman Springford used to make his hotel chain available to the Club for stopovers for away games for the team. There's a lot of history between present and past Board Members. If there's a split on the Board right now I wouldn't be surprised.

I have so I do know the answer! :)

He is indeed a major shareholder but wasn't able to prevent Propco going through. I know he's only one of many directors but the silence from him and McMaster/McMaster Family in particular over this was deafening.

Think it's pretty obvious there's a split on the board, but they've to managed to split the fans before that so, imo, we're in no position to fight back as it were!

We could always set the kids on them! Missiles may or may not include empty Ribena cartons and empty Chomp wrappers!

I don't think this comment is particularly helpful especially when made by a member of Jags Trust board. Perhaps it's just me but even though I know it was in jest, is this the best signal to be sending out to other fans at this current moment? How serious is he taking the current predicament when the title of the thread is 'What can we do?'

I don't think this comment is particularly helpful especially when made by a member of Jags Trust board. Perhaps it's just me but even though I know it was in jest, is this the best signal to be sending out to other fans at this current moment? How serious is he taking the current predicament when the title of the thread is 'What can we do?'

It was a light hearted remark in reference to the Directors moving to the kids section. Sorry for having a sense of humour.

I think we need to keep things in perspective and when we recognise a light hearted remark, leaving it as such - I really doubt anyone took it to heart. The more digs we have at each other, the harder it's going to be to come to consensus about just what it is we will do.

Can anyone with the required knowledge provide a general update with regards to the current directors (associate or otherwise) and their position / involvement / shareholding etc.

Obviously several names are banded about and comments are made re how they came to own their shares and whether they have a conflict of interest following the Propco deal.

Pardon my ignorance but i'm not too sure how the current Board and other shareholders is made up.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this.

• Members

Can anyone with the required knowledge provide a general update with regards to the current directors (associate or otherwise) and their position / involvement / shareholding etc.

Obviously several names are banded about and comments are made re how they came to own their shares and whether they have a conflict of interest following the Propco deal.

Pardon my ignorance but i'm not too sure how the current Board and other shareholders is made up.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this.

Current Board and positions can be found on the official site, I'm sure someone will email you a current share holding list as well.

Willjag do you think the 3 major shareholders who are not on the Board would be likely allies for the fans or the current BoD should it come down to an 'all out war' type of scenario?

Oh and Im not certain Norman Springford purchsed his million B shares anymore than Eddie Prentice, Tom Hughes, Brown McMaster or the Jags Trust purchased theirs. I posted a summary of the major shareholders in a thread a few weeks ago and since posting have discovered a few inaccuracies in what I said, mainly how Prentice aquired his shares so maybe Im wrong in this too but I think the Springford B shares were part of the 'guardianship' pot split 5 ways (others will know more about this than me so feel free to correct me).

• Members

Willjag do you think the 3 major shareholders who are not on the Board would be likely allies for the fans or the current BoD should it come down to an 'all out war' type of scenario?

Absolutely no idea Steven. BMcM apparently doesn't own the shares any more, so that would make things awkward whilst he is still involved with Stenny and I don't know that Norman Springford is all that interested, however he is, I believe, good friends with Brown. I can't think who the third major shareholder is you are referring to?

Oh and Im not certain Norman Springford purchsed his million B shares anymore than Eddie Prentice, Tom Hughes, Brown McMaster or the Jags Trust purchased theirs. I posted a summary of the major shareholders in a thread a few weeks ago and since posting have discovered a few inaccuracies in what I said, mainly how Prentice aquired his shares so maybe Im wrong in this too but I think the Springford B shares were part of the 'guardianship' pot split 5 ways (others will know more about this than me so feel free to correct me).

Prentice and Springford bought their shares. McMaster, Hughes and the Trust were gifted theirs.

Absolutely no idea Steven. BMcM apparently doesn't own the shares any more, so that would make things awkward whilst he is still involved with Stenny and I don't know that Norman Springford is all that interested, however he is, I believe, good friends with Brown. I can't think who the third major shareholder is you are referring to?

Didn't McMaster leave Stenny a while back (oddly enough, not long after he resigned from the SFL). No reason for the shares not be transferred back to his own name if that's what the present owners (who just happen to be his family) want.

Prentice and Springford bought their shares. McMaster, Hughes and the Trust were gifted theirs.

Ok I mis-read this on the Jags forum blog,

Norman (Springford) suggested that a way of protecting the supporters interests was for Tom (Hughes) and I to be given 1,000,000 of the new 10p. "B" shares at no cost. Both he and Eddie (Prentice) were comfortable with this. It meant the four of us would have equal shareholdings and equal say in the running of the Club. These shares were given to us " to preserve the future of Partick Thistle Football Club", and it is on this basis that Tom and I accepted them. Tom and I then felt as an added safeguard a similar number of shares should be allocated, on the same basis to the supporters. The best way we thought of doing this was through whatever body followed the " Save the Jags". This as we all now know is the Jags Trust. It was also agreed that as the Jags Trust were to be equal major shareholders they should have a seat on the Board. This means that all five major shareholders have an equal say in the running of the Club as we all have equal voting powers.

makes more sense now :thumbsup2:

Thanks Will, was referring to Jim Oliver who owns 113,054 A shares and 500,000 B shares however as an Honourary board member is actually part of the BoD. This stuff is confusing :wall:

I'd be more inclined to get Hughes and prentice out first. Cowan is merely a bumbling fool. The position of chairman means nothing at firhill, it's just a poisoned chalice, passed amongst friends.

Hughes is responsible for money going out.

Prentice is responsible for money coming in.

And for no doubt ensuring that enough money went out for his wage :angry: