Pttv: Queen Of The South Highlights

fritzy

After seeing those highlights, I noted these points

1) Liam was unfortunate to be booked for diving and it was a clear penalty

2) Queen's two goals were exceptional strikes, the first one was better than the second if I am being honest.

3) It looked an improvement v Stirling.

4) Says a lot about the defence that it took two very good efforts to beat us.

5) A bit encouraged but nowhere near confident for Saturday in any way, shape or form.

After seeing those highlights, I noted these points:

1 - The referee was a disgrace. Penalty.

2 - The referee was a disgrace. Their filthy midfielder stood heavily on the base of Paul Paton's spine, with studs on, then reacted as if he'd been pucked in the stomach when Paton actually reacted in a normal way and didn't even raise his hands. Didn't Paton get booked for that?!

3 - The referee was a disgrace. Why wasn't Rocco Quinn booked for taking his shirt off? I thought that was a rule? Do we not inforce rules in refereeing anymore? Just make it up as we go along?

4 - How did McCall manage to single out Cairney for criticism in their second goal? There were plenty opportunities to stop them scoring after that. Maybe if he'd had some support he wouldn't have run into a cul-de-sac.

After watching the highlights (after being at the game), I noted (again) these points:

1. When you sit in and show next to no desire to try to push on and build on your lead, you get what you deserve. Consequently that's what happened.

Agree entirely.

Further to that we're also hampered by having no one prepared to beat a man and no width. We pass the ball about for the most part pretty well, even so the law of averages dictates we'll get caught in possession too often.

A lot's been said about Liam's dismal form compared to the beginning of last season but I feel the loss of Corcoran, going on his form over that same period, is almost as significant. It's left to the strikers to go wide and try stretch the game, which is hardly satisfactory. Erskine is often thrown on to stretch defences but he loses the ball far too often so he kinda defeats the purpose.

PS I did get my £17 back. Not that that was a major concern provided I got access to the Press Box. 'Highlight' was telling the guy typing the team sheets that it would cost him £17 for the correct spelling of Balatoni just after he, reluctantly, told me that I would have to pay to get in. :P

You should charge them for providing the squad names for the programme too. Craig Erskine I think was the belter from Saturday. :lol:

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Got to admit that looks like a dive to me. The angle of the Queens' player's tackle seems to completely miss the line Buchanan travels in.

The defenders trailing leg makes contact wi Liams left foot, enough to make him go down imo but even if it wasn't it was still contact. According to the rules that's a penalty.

Looks like a clear connection between the players left foot and Buchanan's left knee, to me. Made contact with the man and not the ball.

Had another look and I still disagree. I can't see *any* contact at all, and certainly not with Buchanan's left knee. If there was contact, it was on the back of Buchanan's left leg when he planted it on the turn just before going down and by the trailing leg of the defender.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

The defenders trailing leg makes contact wi Liams left foot, enough to make him go down imo but even if it wasn't it was still contact. According to the rules that's a penalty.

Looks like a clear connection between the players left foot and Buchanan's left knee, to me. Made contact with the man and not the ball.

both now that I look again, never noticed the main contact when I first looked.