Thistle v Arbroath 6.1.24

elevenone

1 minute ago, Albert's Ghost said:

No. We sacked McCall because we lost successive home games to the 2 worst sides in the league.  I was at both games - I was raging.

Dools just emerged from the equivalent 2 games with maximum points.  Gie us peace.

So was I. Do you really believe we sack managers because they lose two games?! Would we have sacked doolan if he had lost the last two games , of course not. Don’t be daft.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So was I. Do you really believe we sack managers because they lose two games?! Would we have sacked doolan if he had lost the last two games , of course not. Don’t be daft.

It was as much the nature of the 2 defeats - utterly clueless, gutless performances.  That was when the shit hit the fan - the club had gambled on promotion - bet the farm - and it clearly wasn't going to happen.

Dools 2 games were against even weaker opposition.  QP was more comfortable than the score suggests, and Arbroath were running on fumes.  But the spirit on the park was night and day compared to McCall's team.  I loved McCall BTW and was sad to see him go.  But it had to happen.

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No reason why we can’t as much as you would hate us to ,

You have lost it. Or you are confusing me with someone else?  I've consistently said I want us to get promoted if at all possible. It's why I go to the games, hoping for the best outcome.  By whatever means....

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It’s a simple fact. We sacked McCall and didn’t get promoted. Which was presumably the point of sacking him.

He got sacked because he was taking us nowhere, home defeats against Cove and Hamilton actually cost us the League  in my opinion or it would have been automatic promotion .

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

You have lost it. Or you are confusing me with someone else?  I've consistently said I want us to get promoted if at all possible. It's why I go to the games, hoping for the best outcome.  By whatever means....

So do I .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Dear oh dear …. It’s the principle they changed their whole midfield , we lost four players …. It’s the same argument . 

How can that be even remotely real, Liverpool could decide if they want to spend £1 million or £100 million on a player 

Sure there’s players that Dools would like in his team just now , be that Dom Thomas etc  but the cash isn’t there to do these deals , so our Club needs to find another way , loan deals etc

Your Liverpool comparison is absolutely nonsense.

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

How can that be even remotely real, Liverpool could decide if they want to spend £1 million or £100 million on a player 

Sure there’s players that Dools would like in his team just now , be that Dom Thomas etc  but the cash isn’t there to do these deals , so our Club needs to find another way , loan deals etc

Your Liverpool comparison is absolutely nonsense.

No it isn’t …. The principle operates at different levels in football. 

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No it isn’t …. The principle operates at different levels in football. 

So Kieran Tierney signs for Arsenal for £50 million do Celtic go out and buy another £50 million player ?

Of course they don’t , similar with Tiff , Doc , Turner and Holt

We couldn’t replace these players with the money we’ve got on offer 

37 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

So Kieran Tierney signs for Arsenal for £50 million do Celtic go out and buy another £50 million player ?

Eh ? We did replace them … just not very well in most cases 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Eh ? We did replace them … just not very well in most cases 

Because we couldn't afford to replace them like for like or with better. And that's the point you continue to refuse to see.

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

Because we couldn't afford to replace them like for like or with better. And that's the point you continue to refuse to see.

Where’s you information to support that assertion? I know you spdint have any you just want it to be true,  Neilson  not good enough then ?

50 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Such a poor argument really. Every team lose players every summer. We recruited the same number as raith, they just recruited better but you don’t think neilson is good ?

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Such a poor argument really. Every team lose players every summer. We recruited the same number as raith, they just recruited better but you don’t think neilson is good ?

He’s a young guy making his way in the game but at this point he’s not as good as Kevin Holt 

10 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

What point are you trying to make javeajag?  You're the Jordanhill Jag of the football side.  Endless bitching, no solutions.

What am I bitching about exactly ? All I’m doing is not accepting we can’t get promotion this year.