Helping Thistle Financially

soapy

Having read recently that Thistle are still strugglin financially and making a loss, whats the best way to drop a few bob now and then and know that its going where you want it to go?

its all very well, chuckin a few coins into a bucket now and then, fundraising or doing some online shoppin in the knowledge a few quid will go to the Jags.

But is that few quis just being swallowed up and disappearing down the Firhill sewers?

if i knew there was a specific fund for players, a fund for a new south stand, a fund to pay off the debt, a fund to refurbish the magificent old stand, and a fund for the youth team ect. i would be more than happy to put a couple of quid (or whatever) each month in the direction of my choice.

Is this a daft notion or could it be made to work? and would other fans help it to work?

Having read recently that Thistle are still strugglin financially and making a loss, whats the best way to drop a few bob now and then and know that its going where you want it to go?

its all very well, chuckin a few coins into a bucket now and then, fundraising or doing some online shoppin in the knowledge a few quid will go to the Jags.

But is that few quis just being swallowed up and disappearing down the Firhill sewers?

if i knew there was a specific fund for players, a fund for a new south stand, a fund to pay off the debt, a fund to refurbish the magificent old stand, and a fund for the youth team ect. i would be more than happy to put a couple of quid (or whatever) each month in the direction of my choice.

Is this a daft notion or could it be made to work? and would other fans help it to work?

50% of the takings from the half-time draw goes towards the youth teams (the other 50% the prize).

Obviously there's the Centenary Fund, which was initially set-up to raise funds for the playing budget, but not sure if that is still the case.

I would possibly be interested in a pre paid season ticket scheme. To work it would best be on direct debit/installment. I plan to be supporting the Jags for years to come. I also plan to be a season ticket holder for years to come. Give me a slight inducement, say along the lines of free hospitality (pick an unfashionable game where it won't be sold out), and I'm willing to sign up to such a scheme tomorrow.

I also think that it would be a good idea to have more specific funds, such as one for players, one for the debt owed, etc. We know that the 50/50 draw goes towards youth development, which is excellent. If there were other competitions (rather than just donations) for different purposes, I might be tempted to support them with a few bob.

Other than that, I guess the best way for us poor b*stards to help financially is to make sure we get along to home games, take in hospitality when possible, and get other people along to games as well.

I also think that it would be a good idea to have more specific funds, such as one for players, one for the debt owed, etc. We know that the 50/50 draw goes towards youth development, which is excellent. If there were other competitions (rather than just donations) for different purposes, I might be tempted to support them with a few bob.

Other than that, I guess the best way for us poor b*stards to help financially is to make sure we get along to home games, take in hospitality when possible, and get other people along to games as well.

But im lucky if i can get up once a year. what can folk like me (nomads whatever) do more directly online?

But im lucky if i can get up once a year. what can folk like me (nomads whatever) do more directly online?

Centenary Fund, straight to the club, £5, £10, or £20 a month, with the chance to win prizes in the monthly draw. You can also e-mail the club & pay for programmes to be sent to you if you wished, believe Robert Reid takes to do with this.

Centenary Fund, straight to the club, £5, £10, or £20 a month, with the chance to win prizes in the monthly draw. You can also e-mail the club & pay for programmes to be sent to you if you wished, believe Robert Reid takes to do with this.

But you canny do this on-line as the club don't have a card payment facility

But you canny do this on-line as the club don't have a card payment facility

I Believe that it was posted on the forum saying that the bank wouldn't allow us to do this, for whatever reason.

However, you can fill in a standing order form, which you can get from the official website & e-mail (as I realise posting would cost afew bob) it to Ami. Or you can pay by cheque, but realise this may be difficult due to your location.

I Believe that it was posted on the forum saying that the bank wouldn't allow us to do this, for whatever reason.

However, you can fill in a standing order form, which you can get from the official website & e-mail (as I realise posting would cost afew bob) it to Ami. Or you can pay by cheque, but realise this may be difficult due to your location.

I understood it to be that Paypal don't allow payments which go directly to a "game of chance".

Re. standing order, from overseas the banking charges incurred mean that a 5 pound per month payment quickly becomes a ten pound one.

Do people still use cheques??