Jags Trust Announcment

jags365

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only really speak for myself, although Tom and I did discuss before our decision, and I suspect that he is of like mind.

There is nothing sinister. This does not represent any dramatic breakdown in relations with the football club which have, to a certain degree (and in my opinion only) been much improved over the last couple of months. Nor does is represent a dramatic falling out within the Trust board.

My decision was taken largely out of frustration due to the inability to effect from within the kind of fundamental change to the Trust that I firmly believe it requries. The lack of dynamism and "end product" over the past 18 months (and long before that) is tiresome and I felt that if I could make no substantive inroads towards improving that, then to a large extent, I was wasting my time. I have to take my share of responsibility for these failures during my period of involvement.

I believe that the time I have available to devote to the football club and the supporters can be more productively channelled than it has been through the Trust over the past few months, and I am hopeful of finding a more suitable outlet in the near future.

I wish those who remain on the Trust board all the very best in their endeavours - we have often not seen eye to eye, but the passion of each of them in support of the football club is undeniable. Without a substantial change in direction and approach, however, I fear that the Trust will continue to drift along without fulfilling its potential. I am only sorry that I could succeed in helping to deliver that change.

I will remain a member of the Trust and will support Trust events where I can / where they appeal to me.

David

Just when I thought the Trust was beginning to recover some credibility, and had a couple of strong-willed, trustworthy, sincere and passionate Thistle supporters fronting the Trust publically (in Tom and David), and seeming to speak well and more in tune with the majority of the support than the JT has been.............this happens. :(:(:(

Thanks to David and Tom (and Graeme for his help, time and enthusiasm etc to the cause) for their efforts and contributions to the JT and trying to help influence changes for the better good of PTFC, as well as making the JT appear to be semi-effective again instead of the toothless talking shop it has been over the last 4 (?) years or so

(and any time the JT threatened to not be toothless, with likes of RedMonkey and other strong-willed, passionate, etc, Jags, these good people were soon driven out/forced to give up through exasperation etc. Pattern?).

Sorry to see you go.

Don't know their reasons for jacking it, so won't comment any further for now on their (or Graeme's) unified resignations, other than to say I feel the JT is now back to square one, and could now be a completely busted flush, unless there is some big and brilliant announcement going to follow from the Trust on the back of this announcement.

:thinking:(Or is there a new fans group ready to come to the fore?)

Just when I thought the Trust was beginning to recover some credibility, and had a couple of strong-willed, trustworthy, sincere and passionate Thistle supporters fronting the Trust publically (in Tom and David), and seeming to speak well and more in tune with the majority of the support than the JT has been.............this happens. :(:(:(

Thanks to David and Tom (and Graeme for his help, time and enthusiasm etc to the cause) for their efforts and contributions to the JT and trying to help influence changes for the better good of PTFC, as well as making the JT appear to be semi-effective again instead of the toothless talking shop it has been over the last 4 (?) years or so

(and any time the JT threatened to not be toothless, with likes of RedMonkey and other strong-willed, passionate, etc, Jags, these good people were soon driven out/forced to give up through exasperation etc. Pattern?).

Sorry to see you go.

Don't know their reasons for jacking it, so won't comment any further for now on their (or Graeme's) unified resignations, other than to say I feel the JT is now back to square one, and could now be a completely busted flush, unless there is some big and brilliant announcement going to follow from the Trust on the back of this announcement.

Totally agree, cant see the trust recovering from this at all. Very sorry to see David and Tom feeling that they have to make this decision. Thanks also go to Graham, although i dont know him, for his dedicated work.

that would just be silly since any democratic group would draw from the same people anyway.

we need to get away from blameing people that have stepped up to the mark (including those who have just left) and start stepping up to the mark ourselves.

FCUM 300+ volunteers and we can't even fill a committee. a joke innit?

Edited by mrD

I can only really speak for myself, although Tom and I did discuss before our decision, and I suspect that he is of like mind.

There is nothing sinister. This does not represent any dramatic breakdown in relations with the football club which have, to a certain degree (and in my opinion only) been much improved over the last couple of months. Nor does is represent a dramatic falling out within the Trust board.

My decision was taken largely out of frustration due to the inability to effect from within the kind of fundamental change to the Trust that I firmly believe it requries. The lack of dynamism and "end product" over the past 18 months (and long before that) is tiresome and I felt that if I could make no substantive inroads towards improving that, then to a large extent, I was wasting my time. I have to take my share of responsibility for these failures during my period of involvement.

I believe that the time I have available to devote to the football club and the supporters can be more productively channelled than it has been through the Trust over the past few months, and I am hopeful of finding a more suitable outlet in the near future.

I wish those who remain on the Trust board all the very best in their endeavours - we have often not seen eye to eye, but the passion of each of them in support of the football club is undeniable. Without a substantial change in direction and approach, however, I fear that the Trust will continue to drift along without fulfilling its potential. I am only sorry that I could succeed in helping to deliver that change.

I will remain a member of the Trust and will support Trust events where I can / where they appeal to me.

David

That basically sums it up for me so I have little to add, other than to apologise if anyone feels that they have been let down by this.

One of my aims in joining the Trust board was to achieve stability and unity after a torrid period of change. To an extent, that was achieved, but the next step, of moving on to another level, is where we have failed to convince the rest of the JT board and for me, to go back to the status quo is not enough.

My mind's eye vision was of a Trust where people had no excuse not to join. In fact, where if you are a supporter, it would be peculiar not to be a member of the Trust, but without a huge change in attitude that's unachievable and it looks likely to remain that way, which is a shame.

Hey, I just joined this morning!

Coincidence?

Can I get my money back?

Cancel your cheque, or get onto your bank pronto and cancel the payment transfer tout suite if possible? :unsure:

that would just be silly since any democratic group would draw from the same people anyway.

we need to get away from blameing people that have stepped up to the mark (including those who have just left) and start stepping up to the mark ourselves.

FCUM 300+ volunteers and we can't even fill a committee. a joke innit?

1. Would it? 400 members out of 2000 (minimum) suggests otherwise to me. It all depends on the message, stance and pro-activeness of any such group imo.

2. Who's 'blaming'. Not me. Just making personal observation of sadness at how every time the JT starts to look semi-effective, it all goes pete tong. There is a reason/common theme/pattern, and to me its not coincidence.

3. See 1.

Edited to add: just seen Honved's response. Thanks to both Tom and David for clarifying. Seems to (between the lines) say pretty much what I suspected may be the case, in a more diplomatic tone and words than I would have used. Fair play to you both for trying, i'm sure you both gave it your all and best endeavours.

Edited by yoda-jag

Cancel your cheque, or get onto your bank pronto and cancel the payment transfer tout suite if possible? :unsure:

Actually it was a joke (the request for money back, not joining, but now that I think about it......).

I must admit to usually avoiding all the Jags Trust threads like the plague these days, but each time I take a quick look it's all about how to "take the Trust forward", to get "to the next level" etc. Frankly, I don't know what any of this means. Presumably it's no longer an ambition that the Trust becomes a major shareholder in the club (they could never raise that amount of money). So, apart from representing the fans on the board (although relatively toothlessly so), what's it for? Raising money for the club? Well and good. If the guys can come up with schemes to get people to part with (more) money in order to help out the club, I'm all for it.

Disappointing, especially after I had only recently joined the Trust and felt that the open meeting chaired by David was showing the Trust making genuine progress at getting involved with the wider Thistle support.

I'm worried as to how this will damage the communication between members/the general support and the JT board as pretty much anything and everything I've found out about the goings on have been through the posts of this forum by the 3 board members who have resigned.

A year and a half ago, I put myself forward for election to the Jags Trust Board. The membership and wider support had been divided by a number of core issues, many of which were crises of identity and of purpose. Perhaps I went into it naively, but I truly believed that, despite the critical situation, a set of keen and dedicated fans could work constructively to make the Jags Trust more than just a talking shop; rather a proactive and involving Supporters' Association, greater than the sum of its parts, raising money for the Club, with everyone pulling in the same direction whilst addressing the fundamental problems with the way Club and Trust are run.

The first year was tentative, but it appeared as though the ship was steadied. Events have, however, more than overtaken themselves, and we needed to show that we, as a Trust, were capable of adapting to the new territory. New ideas weren't exactly growing on trees, but the few ideas that were put forward were met with (admittedly understandable) resistance from some quarters. The resignations of Tom and David are regrettable: both, I felt, were the impetus behind what few new core ideas we had, and were the two people the wider fan-base felt they could unite behind. That is not to say that any individual is bigger than the Supporters' Association, but a combination of lack of constructive feedback and support for their ideas, and the absence of any meaningful alternative, means that I can't honestly continue to say that the Supporters' Trust is an effective way the fans can engage with the Club. I am as much to blame as anyone else for the lack of ideas, and I just don't have the enthusiasm to continue to dedicate my time to a movement that hasn't (for whatever reasons) learned from its past difficulties. Other personal commitments mean that even if I did have that enthusiasm, I don't think I could do the position justice.

I wish those of you who remain the very best, and I hope they can salvage something and find a way to work with the Club in the pursuit of a common interest, but for the above reasons, I won't be playing an active role in their efforts.

Graeme Cowie

I'd like to thank all three for their time and efforts. Like many others, I really felt as though the Trust was moving forward recently after too long in the wilderness thanks to their efforts.

It strikes me as more than frustrating that again, a number of progressive voices who actually engaged with the support have been derailed by a rotten core. It doesn't seem that long ago that we had the exact same situation with Double Ugly and Red Monkey etc.

The core remains whilst yet again we see genuine progress that we all support being crushed. This is the single most unrepresentative body imaginable now.

To me The Trust is dead, I have no more interest in supporting the immovable centre of it anymore. There have been many accusations in the past that there people at the heart of the Trust more preoccupied with their titles than any real representation of the fans. Again, there seems to some truth to this. How many times do we have to watch the same failure?

The Trust is dead. We need to set up a new organisation separate from it now.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

Really? To do what?

The point is that there have been plenty of people with good ideas who have left the Trust due to total frustration with it's core. Let's just leave them with their broken Trust (literally) and try and bring all those people with real ideas back to a different organisation and start from the ground up. When you read Beattie's comments in the programmes, he says he wants fan representation - I believe he is also fed up with that same immovable core. I think we either start afresh or we kick those destructive forces out.

Who's left to organise an emergency open meeting of the Trust because I think we're owed one.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

Rarely post on matters Jags Trust, however, I'm really disappointed it has come to this though fully understanding of the decisions.

Thanks to three absolute gentlemen for their considerable efforts over the last 18 months without which both Trust and club would have been a far poorer place.

My JT membership had expired and it was only last week I'd mentioned to Tom about rejoining - but now the only three reasons for me to do so have gone.

Enjoy being "just" fans, David, Graeme and Tom and thanks again.

Sounds like the Peden clan and followers/NW cronies have taken over the ship again :( How soon can an EGM be called to vote them out and return others in their place ?

There are a lot of people who have been on the Trust Board and left for whatever reason (or let their elected time expire) who are needed right now at a fairly crucial point in the clubs history but with the remaining people on the JT there is no chance of the change needed happening.

Always thought Tom and David represented the best chance the JT had to get everyone back on the same track , now its basically ******.Forgot about Graeme and the good work he has done (sorry m8 :P)

Edited by Junior

Let's name some names. WHO is the problem on the trust board? Let's be having it... this will just put off anyone else from putting themself up for election.

I may be way of the mark but think those who were most vocal at the open meeting continually bringing it back to the Board Rep position would be my guess!