• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we're now playing:

Fox

Paton Kinniburgh Robertson Boyle

Cairney McNamara Hodge Flannigan

Buchanan Doolan

Can't afford to just sit back and invite more pressure.

Yes but we could have had

Fox

Paton Kinniburgh Robertson Boyle

Flannigan Cairney McNamara Erskine

Buchanan Doolan

Why is McCall so afraid of attacking teams away from home?

We have collapsed several times away from home, we have to set-up defensively. I would be happy with a point out of this.

We had a similar defensive set up against Stirling and got gubbed. The problem is the set up - and the players in it - tend to make the team sit back too much and conceed to much space to the opposition. I'd rather have a team that - if defensive - at least pressured the opposition from the front rather than sat back. If we're going to play that system we need players with dig, like Rowson and Cairney in midfield.

Jags goal down, hardie off injured, ton winning as are county.........this day is getting worse by the minute !!!!!

As long as we don't lose by 5 goals, we won't be bottom of the league at 4.50pm (Dundee's points deduction aside).

Trying to find some solace and positive.

Is it working?

Naw.

:help:

Edited by yoda-jag

To be fair, and no offence to Tom, I think you get a more rounded view from the DFC website believe it or not. It describes Buchanans shot as a good effort, and suggests that Griffiths is having trouble beating any Thistle players with the ball. I'm more optimistic for reading their commentry, as long as we don't lose any more (goals or players!) before half time.

Right Mr McCall, brilliant tactical genius that you are - now its half time you can work your magic in the dressing room, having spotted the flaws and shortcomings in Dundee's play, where we are going wrong, rearrange the team formation and way we are playing, and send them out to turn this around in second half and silence Dumbdee.

An inspiring second half performance is needed, and leading to a comfortable 3-1 away victory will do, thank you very much.

To be fair, and no offence to Tom, I think you get a more rounded view from the DFC website believe it or not. It describes Buchanans shot as a good effort, and suggests that Griffiths is having trouble beating any Thistle players with the ball. I'm more optimistic for reading their commentry, as long as we don't lose any more (goals or players!) before half time.

Harkins, Griffiths, Robertson and Kinniburgh all booked in 1st half............is it just me or d'ya think this game ain't gona finish 11 a side !!!

From ptfc updates: "Griffiths and Harkins booked for Dundee with John Robertson joining Willie Kinniburgh in the book for Thistle."

IMO, McCall should get our players to rile these two (either through stupendously excellent play from those in rednyellow or noising them up) whereby they react and get another booking and a :red_card: each in the second 45. :evil:

That would make the Jags second half comeback easier ;)

ptfc.co.uk says: 47 mins: Liam Buchanan hits the ground inside the Dundee box but there is no penalty.

dfc.co.uk says: Partick fans think they should have a penalty when Buchanan turns Weston and goes to ground but the ref isn't interested.

Hmmmm. :thinking: Bucky reputation influencing this decision?

Edited by yoda-jag