Dundee Appeal?

Auld Jag

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose they can, just can't sign him after the 3 games I guess. I assume there is some limit on the number of trialists a team can use in a game and season? Otherwise Dundee could us an everlasting supply of them until the embargo is lifted.

They could, I suppose, but the team would be disjointed. I was talking to one of their fans last week who said Barry Smith doesn't rate their youngsters, bar one. Their current form points to them staying up at the expense of Stirling, at least, but suspensions are mounting and fatigue is bound to kick in. It's going to be tight.

They could, I suppose, but the team would be disjointed. I was talking to one of their fans last week who said Barry Smith doesn't rate their youngsters, bar one. Their current form points to them staying up at the expense of Stirling, at least, but suspensions are mounting and fatigue is bound to kick in. It's going to be tight.

I wouldn't fancy their chances in the play offs tho'. The momentum is often with the teams on the up. In practical terms they can rest players well before the end of the season if they know they're going to be in the play off frame. Dundee look like they'd have a tiring squad by then. Actually I think Dundee will probably make 8th place or better in any case.

I suppose they can, just can't sign him after the 3 games I guess. I assume there is some limit on the number of trialists a team can use in a game and season? Otherwise Dundee could us an everlasting supply of them until the embargo is lifted.

A maximum of 2 trialists per game can be used by a team and each trialist can play a maximum of 3 games for a club.

The latest a trialist can play for a club in the SFL is 31st March so they can only use trialists up to that point.

Edit: There's no limit to the number of trialists a team can use in a season so they could use 2 trialists in each game up to the 31st March if they chose to do so.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Maybe not the wisest decision. Just hope you don't regret doing so in a year or so's time.

Yeah a Pars fan tried to warn me about that and I'll say the same here as I said there...Im not laughing at Dundee's current plight Im laughing at the arrogance of some of the fans. Now when I start making statements like 'the fans would never let anything bad happen to the Club' or ridicule someone for daring to suggest administration beckons then I will take heed of the warning. But I would never be so arrogant/ignorant/short-sight ;)

I wouldn't fancy their chances in the play offs tho'. The momentum is often with the teams on the up. In practical terms they can rest players well before the end of the season if they know they're going to be in the play off frame. Dundee look like they'd have a tiring squad by then. Actually I think Dundee will probably make 8th place or better in any case.

It should be pointed out that they've had more than their fair share of luck on the park in recent matches. Morton seemed to outplay them and had one perfectly good goal chalked off (I saw film of it and it was clearly onside). Reports suggest they were lucky to beat us at Dens, which started them on their run. It's been a great run, no denying that, but it would be some feat to keep that going, though their backs to the wall mentality could help them escape, on the field.

I expect them to catch Stirling, and at least one other. Cowdenbeath may be in free fall now after a fine start so are the other obvious candidates.

Edited by beep0608

From the BBC rumours pages:

Sunday.

Dundee have been told they can take Leigh Griffiths on loan from Wolves if they sell the striker to the English club - as long as they wait until May before collecting the bulk of the transfer fee. (Sunday Post)

Saturday.

St Johnstone face competition from Hearts and Hibernian for the loan signing of Leigh Griffiths following the striker's £150,000 move from Dundee to Wolves. (the Sun)

The Sunday Post is more a comic than a newspaper, but I thought you might be interested. I assume he's gone from Dens, for good.

Edited by beep0608