Dundee Appeal?

Auld Jag

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike Dundee FC intensely but we're talking about the SFL here. Whatever Dundee have done, and of course they deserve punishment, doesn't come close to the damage the SFL have inflicted upon Scottish football throughout the years. To allow those numpties to pass arbitrary judgement on any member club is criminal enough. Where did the 25pts come from? Why not 24pts or 26pts, 20pts or 30pts?

If the SFA weren't almost as numptyish as the SFL they would revoke the 25pts deduction and hand out their own penalty explaining the rationale behind their decision.

Just because we're all happy to see Dundee punished doesn't make it right that those incompetents are allowed to hand out punishment.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I dislike Dundee FC intensely but we're talking about the SFL here. Whatever Dundee have done, and of course they deserve punishment, doesn't come close to the damage the SFL have inflicted upon Scottish football throughout the years. To allow those numpties to pass arbitrary judgement on any member club is criminal enough. Where did the 25pts come from? Why not 24pts or 26pts, 20pts or 30pts?

If the SFA weren't almost as numptyish as the SFL they would revoke the 25pts deduction and hand out their own penalty explaining the rationale behind their decision.

Just because we're all happy to see Dundee punished doesn't make it right that those incompetents are allowed to hand out punishment.

I'm not inclined to defend the SFL - though even less to sympathise with Dundee facing relegation - but was this penalty not based on a point for each of the 25 games remaining for the rest of the season?

If that's the case and Thistle do go into administration, let's hope it's just before the last game of the season :thinking:

I havent heard anything else about Dundees appeal against the -25pts.Is it going ahead and can the SFL increase it if they do appeal and it fails?

They have 10 days to appeal from the receipt/or/date (?) of the fully worded decision letter from the SFL - they are apparently to get the letter sometime this week.

I reckon the SFL will be carefully wording their letter - perhaps more carefully than their verbal statement on the day of the decision - through the legal representatives before it goes up to Dens.

They have 10 days to appeal from the receipt/or/date (?) of the fully worded decision letter from the SFL - they are apparently to get the letter sometime this week.

I reckon the SFL will be carefully wording their letter - perhaps more carefully than their verbal statement on the day of the decision - through the legal representatives before it goes up to Dens.

Dear ***** in Dundee,

**** off.

Cheers,

The SFL

x

What I thought was pretty ironic is they are skint and need all the money they can get. Yet they can afford to get red cards made up to have a protest about the SFL. No wonder they are up shit creek

and their players are paying for their accommodation up north when they play Ross Co. I thought most teams travel up to Dingwall on the day of the game?

And on a variation of carefulpuntgeorge's excellent post...

Dundee FC administrator...."Dundee FC are appealing"

SFL..."No you're not. You're one of the least appealing clubs imaginable."

Why is everyone blaming the S.F.L.? It's the cretins who run Dundee who are to blame for this. I hope they do get hammered with a bigger penalty because their appeal will be VEXATIOUS. And like i said put them on the sex offenders register too for good measure. It will remind them of what naughty boys they have been and not to do it again for the rest of their lifes

and their players are paying for their accommodation up north when they play Ross Co. I thought most teams travel up to Dingwall on the day of the game?

And on a variation of carefulpuntgeorge's excellent post...

Dundee FC administrator...."Dundee FC are appealing"

SFL..."No you're not. You're one of the least appealing clubs imaginable."

...and in (approaching) seasonal spirit:

Administrator (to SFL appeals panel) - "You can't dock us 25 points, gentlemen."

Chairman of appeals panel - "Oh yes we can."

...and in (approaching) seasonal spirit:

Administrator (to SFL appeals panel) - "You can't dock us 25 points, gentlemen."

Chairman of appeals panel - "Oh yes we can."

Chairman of appeals panel - "Ho ho ho."

Chairman of appeals panel - "Ho ho ho."

Chairman of appeals panel - "OK, since Christmas is approaching, and we ain't no Scrooges, in the spirit of goodwill to all other SFL clubs, we will dock you 40 points. Now F**k Off and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

• 1 month later...

I havent heard anything else about Dundees appeal against the -25pts.Is it going ahead and can the SFL increase it if they do appeal and it fails?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/8768/business-as-usual-for-dundee-fc-players-despite-hampden-hearing.html

Leigh McIntosh rejects Old Firm. Normally I’d be happy to hear that, but should the administrators not be looking to make money wherever possible? Could they not have forced it? I wonder if they will sell players in January after all. I wonder if they have a patsy as an administrator.

Still waiting for the 25 point ruling tho…