Dundee Appeal?

Auld Jag

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope I meet you one day Grant. I'd have a feast with all the chips you have on your shoulder. I'll bring my own fish.

Sell some tickets, proceeds to the club's £100k shortfall, would make a huge dent :crazy:

Admin, could we please have a separate forum for these two? :P

It's the best soap on the net, who cares about tram crashes, pub fires or murders in yorkshire when we have front row seats to this epic? :sarcastic:

So when is the deduction going to take effect?

I still can't find a table on-line with the points taken off! :(

The media are on Dumbdee's side, conspiracy ! :ph34r:

The descision to deduct 25pts from Dundee could cause people to lose jobs says Harry Maclean of Dundee,no Dundee spending money on players and wages they didnt have and having to go into administration is what will cause people to lose jobs.Also they seem to have forgotten about the management team and players whose contracts they tore up.If this lot are not relegated imo they have gotten away with it again.They are saying they hope to be out of adminstration by 7th January just in time for the transfer window. :mad2:

So when is the deduction going to take effect?

I still can't find a table on-line with the points taken off! :(

Done-dee have just gone second top of the table according to the BBC Sport website so even they don't believe the 25 point deduction is going to be applied.

Now add to that Thistle's official website.

Edited by Odd Fellows

And why are they allowed to appeal to SFA? Surely yesterday should have been the end of the tale.

I think they have every right to appeal to the SFA. The SFL are totally at fault for having no legislation in place to deal with clubs both entering into administration and the time they remain in administration.

The fact that Dundee are serial cheats is irrelevant. Even potential serial cheats deserve to know their likely fate before committing the crime. I've asked before why 25pts? Why not 24pts or 26pts?

I think they have every right to appeal to the SFA. The SFL are totally at fault for having no legislation in place to deal with clubs both entering into administration and the time they remain in administration.

The fact that Dundee are serial cheats is irrelevant. Even potential serial cheats deserve to know their likely fate before committing the crime. I've asked before why 25pts? Why not 24pts or 26pts?

I remember someone saying that at the time there were 25 games remaining this season, so it was deemed that the advantage of signing a squad they couldn't afford was 25 points (1 point per game). It kind of makes sense in a way, as if your cash is ****** so close to the season's start there must have been serious problems before it even begun. Going into admin at the end of the season might be more understandable, due to poorer than expected attendances (or inability to budget...).

I remember someone saying that at the time there were 25 games remaining this season, so it was deemed that the advantage of signing a squad they couldn't afford was 25 points (1 point per game). It kind of makes sense in a way, as if your cash is ****** so close to the season's start there must have been serious problems before it even begun. Going into admin at the end of the season might be more understandable, due to poorer than expected attendances (or inability to budget...).

I don't for one minute believe that was how the 25 points came about. If there was only 23 game remaining they'd only get docked 23 pts? I just don't think so.

Anyway why 1pt a game? Besides surely it's the points they accumulated with a squad they couldn't afford prior to going into admin that should be under scrutiny?

The SFL are incompetent. Just because we're all happy to see Dundee get docked more than most of us expected doesn't make the SFL less incompetent.

I don't for one minute believe that was how the 25 points came about. If there was only 23 game remaining they'd only get docked 23 pts? I just don't think so.

Anyway why 1pt a game? Besides surely it's the points they accumulated with a squad they couldn't afford prior to going into admin that should be under scrutiny?

The SFL are incompetent. Just because we're all happy to see Dundee get docked more than most of us expected doesn't make the SFL less incompetent.

Why? I imagine they hoped they could last the season without going into admin, and their mistake has resulted in former players losing 25 matches worth of wages, with potentially 25 league fixtures not being played (though there is no actual chance of Dundee disappearing, going into Admin suggests that is a possibility, and was probably factored into discussions).

Also, why not 25 points? You could say that about any number. Do you think the 25 point deduction is unjust? Do you think that this is proof of the incompetence of the SFL? I'm not saying they aren't incompetent, but this is hardly a sign or symptom of that.

Why? I imagine they hoped they could last the season without going into admin, and their mistake has resulted in former players losing 25 matches worth of wages, with potentially 25 league fixtures not being played (though there is no actual chance of Dundee disappearing, going into Admin suggests that is a possibility, and was probably factored into discussions).

Also, why not 25 points? You could say that about any number. Do you think the 25 point deduction is unjust? Do you think that this is proof of the incompetence of the SFL? I'm not saying they aren't incompetent, but this is hardly a sign or symptom of that.

I repeat, I don't for one minute believe that the 25pt deduction has anything to do with the fact that when eventually dished out Dundee had 25 league games to play.

Arbitrary judgements are never ideal but when in the hands of a bunch of dithering amateurs like the SFL they're positively ludicrous.

Why had the SFL not put in place legislation to deal with clubs going into administration? It's not that they didn't get wake up calls (Gretna & Livinghell).

Dundee should have known before the deed what fate awaited them. It certainly shouldn't be left to clubs many of which in various degrees could likely benefit from the level of points deduction.

I would suggest an immediate automatic points deduction say 10 pts, a ban on promotion for that season, and a further deduction the following season based on length of time in administration (say 1pt for every week in administration). But all that's of secondary importance to having legislation in place.

So because of SFL negligence Dundee have every right to take their case to the SFA. When someone looks at the judgement from a legal point of view and asks what yardstick was used in meting out their punishment and then asks did any representatives stand to gain from it the SFA view of Dundee's penalty could well be different.

There's no way that serial cheats like Dundee should get off lightly but through SFL incompetence that remains a possibility.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• 2 weeks later...

In some ways Dundee sitting so high in the league just shows up more explicitly how their financial cheating has enabled them to outcompete the rest of the division.

Penalty should be increased to 45 points, with a further punishment of a league demotion applied at end of season.

For you, fixed that.