Jim Farry

Steven H

Absolutely knew the dangers of televised football. Did anyone listen? No, did they fck. Result - games getting played at 11:30 on a Saturday morning, Sunday tea-time, Monday night - no-one at them. Scottish football dying on it's @rse.

It's true what they say - you don't know what you';ve got 'til it's gone...

Absolutely knew the dangers of televised football. Did anyone listen? No, did they fck. Result - games getting played at 11:30 on a Saturday morning, Sunday tea-time, Monday night - no-one at them. Scottish football dying on it's @rse.

It's true what they say - you don't know what you';ve got 'til it's gone...

I seem to remember him being rude to the Old Firm (or was it just not crawling, suppose it can only be one or the other).

He managed to keep the Old Firm in their place - for a while anyway. Fergus McCann eventually nobbled him over the George Cadete signing.

The only bad thing was he used some technicality to stop our groundstaff from cutting the grass in Firhill's centre circle into the shape of a thistle. It was beautiful that thistle, it must have taken them ages to do it.

The only bad thing was he used some technicality to stop our groundstaff from cutting the grass in Firhill's centre circle into the shape of a thistle. It was beautiful that thistle, it must have taken them ages to do it.

and i just assumed the arty groundsman left the club or got lazy!

care to expand? i'm keen to hear what technicality on grass cutting he found to stop that wonderful sight. and why? :unsure:

The (inspired) groundsman was jags-mad Davie Lyle who has now become a driving instructor, I think.

He also did the famous sunburst (or Japanese Flag) on the first day of the season one year.

I think the SFA's reasoning against these designs was to do with there being a rule against "non-standard markings" on the pitch.

Charmless, jobsworth, spoilsports. :mad2:

and i just assumed the arty groundsman left the club or got lazy!

care to expand? i'm keen to hear what technicality on grass cutting he found to stop that wonderful sight. and why? :unsure:

I don't really know. Perhaps the late Mr. Farry thought it was some kind of crop circle or a pagan mystic device which, like voodoo would cause woe and suffering to our opponents, (if only that were true!).