Firhill

lineens weegie army

Tom, who will the primary decision maker(s) be in this situation?

Just realised that I never answered this...

I assume that the main shareholders in FDL will push this along in whatever direction they choose. They are largely the same guys that are involved at PTFC so to what extent their views diverge from the footballing interests, who knows? I'd love to think that whatever is done will put the football side uppermost.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from maybe relocating the changing rooms and a couple of offices (goodbye to anything like the Aitken Suite, or a stand worthy of the name), when (if) anything actually gets built on the bing in god-knows-how-many years from now, how exactly will this be a significant boost for the club? Hasn't the club already received all the money that it was going to get from selling that part of the ground, and that money has already gone toward getting our debt level (slightly) more manageable?

Have I missed something?

Apart from maybe relocating the changing rooms and a couple of offices (goodbye to anything like the Aitken Suite, or a stand worthy of the name), when (if) anything actually gets built on the bing in god-knows-how-many years from now, how exactly will this be a significant boost for the club? Hasn't the club already received all the money that it was going to get from selling that part of the ground, and that money has already gone toward getting our debt level (slightly) more manageable?

Have I missed something?

I think PTFC stand to make 50% of any profit...minus expenses for the Club facilities that will be needed. Tom is suggesting there is an alternative option out there to sell the land (possibly just the City End?) with planning permission for what might be a small profit to investors (maybe even a small profit going to the Club to for their 50%).

The latter scenario might see the Main Stand saved and the removal of the need to build new facilities but it's all if's, but's and maybe's.

I think PTFC stand to make 50% of any profit...minus expenses for the Club facilities that will be needed. Tom is suggesting there is an alternative option out there to sell the land (possibly just the City End?) with planning permission for what might be a small profit to investors (maybe even a small profit going to the Club to for their 50%).

The latter scenario might see the Main Stand saved and the removal of the need to build new facilities but it's all if's, but's and maybe's.

The bank has first dibs on any profit from the development. PTFC will get nothing, other than a further reduction in the debt.

The bank has first dibs on any profit from the development. PTFC will get nothing, other than a further reduction in the debt.

That's where any profit should be going anyway imo. The sooner we get rid of that noose the better...although I believe that would still leave a slight shortfall.

If David Beattie and Billy Allan want to do something, it's hard to imagine the club voting against their wishes since they seem to control the club, in which case that's how it will be. How could it be any other way under this cosy little partnership? (Unless all those other shareholders at the club are suddenly going to gang up to stop them - the Trust? Tom Hughes? The McMasters? The Springfords? That won't be happening.)

Voting power. Beattie + Allan + PTFC = 300 votes.

Is this the same Lord Smith?

:thinking: