Firhill

lineens weegie army

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Planning Dept. is minded to approve the plans (with conditions) but, like the last time, the Toon Cooncillors could stil thwart the development.

A very cunning plan, particularly the "Special Needs" flats which require no car parking

- but a 10 Storey block at the top of South Drive?????? Pretty massive.

Still a 200 seater stand sounds impressive! :thinking:

At least we'll be 4-sided again.

Speaking of conditions..... this is a doozie -

"The area in which this application site is located has been identified as one in which the bird, the swift,

has traditionally flocked during the summer months. Glasgow City Council has adopted the Swift

Species Action Plan, which is part of the Local Biodiversity Action Plan. Glasgow City Council is a

partner with Concern for Swifts (Scotland) in the implementation of the action plan. You are therefore

advised to Contact Concern for Swifts (Scotland) to discuss provisions for swifts within the

development."

Who'd have thought we have to take some African birds' requirements into account in Firhill Road?

Looks like the Planning Dept. is minded to approve the plans (with conditions) but, like the last time, the Toon Cooncillors could stil thwart the development.

A very cunning plan, particularly the "Special Needs" flats which require no car parking

- but a 10 Storey block at the top of South Drive?????? Pretty massive.

Speaking of conditions..... this is a doozie -

"The area in which this application site is located has been identified as one in which the bird, the swift,

has traditionally flocked during the summer months. Glasgow City Council has adopted the Swift

Species Action Plan, which is part of the Local Biodiversity Action Plan. Glasgow City Council is a

partner with Concern for Swifts (Scotland) in the implementation of the action plan. You are therefore

advised to Contact Concern for Swifts (Scotland) to discuss provisions for swifts within the

development."

Who'd have thought we have to take some African birds' requirements into account in Firhill Road?

Isn't that a bit like the sort of thing that campaigners against the Trump Golf development (and even the Botanics Subway as nightclub) used to stop such developments? Could we try that?

Just a thought. We could find some previously unknown species of earth worm....

Worth remembering that all a postive decision here will do is provide that the items included in the application can be built as outlined. It does not mean that they will be built. I'd be surprised if the decision not to proceed with any development of the small stand at this end is progressed until much later in the process.

The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land...

This sounds like a quotation. But, from where?

Do tell. I'm on tenterhooks ... and that's no fun, I can tell you.

Does this mean that if approved the stand will be built before the flats/offices or at the end?

Hopefully not at all. It comes back to the problem of not being able to fill the seats we have. Why in god's name build more capacity? I get it - a two-sided stadium doesn't 'look right' but thousands of filthy, empty seats in two desolate, grubby stands do. :rolleyes:

Hopefully not at all. It comes back to the problem of not being able to fill the seats we have. Why in god's name build more capacity? I get it - a two-sided stadium doesn't 'look right' but thousands of filthy, empty seats in two desolate, grubby stands do. :rolleyes:

ahh but we could defo fill a 200 seater stand behind the goal and then we could have a small 3 seat deep stand along the touchline where the JH Stand is at present and then flog the the remaining land so lovely flats can be built overlooking the canal :(

This sounds like a quotation. But, from where?

Do tell. I'm on tenterhooks ... and that's no fun, I can tell you.

Last verse (I think) :thinking: :

Let us wander where we will,

Something kindred greets us still;

Something seen on vale or hill

Falls familiar on the heart;

JLS, RLS it's all rock 'n' roll to me...

But are they seriously suggesting a 200 seater stand? We could call it the pit and get the RSNO to sponsor us; the chaps who sing could become the Firhill chorus... how West End and and how Thistle!

Then again, this could become a bring your own chair area; or the club could make a few quid renting out deck chairs. I like their thinking. :thumbsup2: Another option would be simply to erect a big wall and have mural style art painted on it; perhaps depicting the struggles of a club who've always, erm, struggled.

Worth remembering that all a postive decision here will do is provide that the items included in the application can be built as outlined. It does not mean that they will be built. I'd be surprised if the decision not to proceed with any development of the small stand at this end is progressed until much later in the process.

Looking back at the plans I saw for this abomination I recall a flat roof over what were to be the club's offices/changing rooms/broom cupboard. It looked like a great place to set up bleachers like a few enterprising folk who live across the road from baseball stadia do.

Originally told it was a 300 seater stand, just another lie from the pricks who recently left.

Oh and yes it does look ridiculous.

288 - nearer to 300 than 200.

Everyone has just rounded it down to make it seem ridiculous.

Infact 300 seats would sound just fine ;)

does anyone know if we can expect a final decision to be reached (and announced) on tuesday?

288 - nearer to 300 than 200.

Everyone has just rounded it down to make it seem ridiculous.

Infact 300 seats would sound just fine ;)

does anyone know if we can expect a final decision to be reached (and announced) on tuesday?

That's because it is ridiculous, I don't expect you to understand.

On top of the extra large dressing rooms you lot pestered the architect about?