Firhill

lineens weegie army

Serious idea. Maybe the 288 seat stand should have 144 comfy chairs with arm legs and recliners. Put them behind a glass wall and heat the area. Then charge £25 - £30 a seat.

My concern with that would be about line of vision. I feel, especially behind a goal, we really need more elevation. In a similar vein I don't think there's much mileage in standing areas say similar to Forthbank. That might be fine for the occasional visit but I'm far from convinced fans would want that every week.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Firhill ... across from the JH Stand we have the closed main stand while to your left you can feast your eyes on the latest addition to the stable - a bin shelter with seats ffs.

200, 288, 300 - it's all academic really - seats 1 or 2 deep will be a fkin joke - they should really just lay some new concrete and have a standing area

Last verse (I think) :thinking: :

Let us wander where we will,

Something kindred greets us still;

Something seen on vale or hill

Falls familiar on the heart;

JLS, RLS it's all rock 'n' roll to me...

But are they seriously suggesting a 200 seater stand? We could call it the pit and get the RSNO to sponsor us; the chaps who sing could become the Firhill chorus... how West End and and how Thistle!

Then again, this could become a bring your own chair area; or the club could make a few quid renting out deck chairs. I like their thinking. :thumbsup2: Another option would be simply to erect a big wall and have mural style art painted on it; perhaps depicting the struggles of a club who've always, erm, struggled.

I'm decided. They can go ahead and build this thing as long as we get a dedicated Poetry Corner, all members identifiable by their cravats, fedoras and red & yellow velvet jackets. Let's amend the planning application to read, " In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a stately pleasure dome (pishy wee stand) decree. Where Alph, the sacred river (the Nolly) ran, through caverns measureless to man (Maryhill), down to a sunless sea (the Clyde)".

Edited by Milo

I'm decided. They can go ahead and build this thing as long as we get a dedicated Poetry Corner, all members identifiable by their cravats, fedoras and red & yellow velvet jackets. Let's amend the planning application to read, " In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a stately pleasure dome (pishy wee stand) decree. Where Alph, the sacred river (the Nolly) ran, through caverns measureless to man (Maryhill), down to a sunless sea (the Clyde)".

:D

but do you think the Poetry Corner should be outsourced or remain in-house?

:thinking:A pie, a pint & a poem might just be a winner.

I'd imagine this never happened today.. any know?

Well, on the GCC website there's an article about how the planning commitee approved some 'new look' Argyll Street today, so they were definitly in session. We were item © on the agenda, with the street cafe being item (a).

Well, on the GCC website there's an article about how the planning commitee approved some 'new look' Argyll Street today, so they were definitly in session. We were item © on the agenda, with the street cafe being item (a).

must be worth a look at that one - more chewing gum on the pavement and extra pound shops - pure class!!

Planning Permission has been granted subject to conditions and a Section 75 Agreement. It's on the council website today.

A Section 75 is basically and agreement to deliver something back to the council, like a contribution for education (in the case of a housing development), or a new mini roundabout etc. All standard stuff.

The next question is whether FDL go and get development funding and build the thing, or sell it on to someone else to develop out. Please bear in mind that this is not the club's decision to make. They own some shares in the development company, they don't control it.

The next question is whether FDL go and get development funding and build the thing, or sell it on to someone else to develop out. Please bear in mind that this is not the club's decision to make. They own some shares in the development company, they don't control it.

If David Beattie and Billy Allan want to do something, it's hard to imagine the club voting against their wishes since they seem to control the club, in which case that's how it will be. How could it be any other way under this cosy little partnership? (Unless all those other shareholders at the club are suddenly going to gang up to stop them - the Trust? Tom Hughes? The McMasters? The Springfords? That won't be happening.)

Voting power. Beattie + Allan + PTFC = 300 votes.

Planning Permission has been granted subject to conditions and a Section 75 Agreement. It's on the council website today.

A Section 75 is basically and agreement to deliver something back to the council, like a contribution for education (in the case of a housing development), or a new mini roundabout etc. All standard stuff.

Tom, who will the primary decision maker(s) be in this situation?

I guess they might be saving the exclusive for Saturdays program.

Can you confirm if there's mention of it Tom?

Just noticed this.

No, nothing about this in Saturday's programme although I wouldn't read anything sinister into that.

I know I would say this anyway, but it's worth picking up a copy of Saturday's programme if only for David Beattie's comments within it.