Worst Gig Ever

Meister Jag

Bay City Rollers in a small pub/club (capacity 150) in Albany, New York in October 1988 - absolutely fkin brutal as every song was a badly rehearsed car crash, most of the newer members were pished and they ended up arguing/fighting on stage with the female backing singer throwing a glass into the megabored audience of about 40! ...

... by way of comparison I'd seen the Stone Roses in Saratoga, NY the week after which was a quite excellent and memorable gig.

Edited by gianlucatoni

Radiohead at Glasgow Green x 2. In a big top in 99 or 2000. On a big stage last year or the year before. Left early before end of both gigs. Self indulgent. Will never go see them live again.

Saw them at Meadowbank with Beck supporting and they were great! (well, good - Beck was far better)

i remember i tried to win a megadrive on clyde 1 when i was 15 but i picked the envelope with Five tickets in it. I remember thinkin this is gonna be guff but my female pal dragged me along coz we got to meet five too. It was brilliant - place was fulla horny burds so ended all up pure nipped out and with a stinky finger! :thumbsup2: A Libertines gig i was at was one of the worst i've been to. Not because the libertines sucked, because they were immense it was because i was down the front n everyone was throwing plastic cups of lager about. I got hit wae a plastic cup full of beer but when i licked my lips i noticed an aroma of pish coz thats what it was. i threw up all over my pals legs and two burds in front of me. They were not impressed. Had to wash in the minging bogs and buy a Libertines t shirt that was pure expensive. Pure skidmark of a night

And the prize for Glasgow's answer to The Inbetweeners goes to... Had to read that a few times to take it all in. "A remarkable night out" as I'm sure it said the The Herald! Good one mate :thumbsup2:

Edited by Meister Jag

Worst gig - Ugly Kid Joe @ Hordern Pavillion Sydney early 90's. I was offered a free ticket and I was too naive to say no.

Plus Jay Z supporting U2 earlier this week. He was atrocious. I couldn't understand a word he said. At one stage it sounded like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck were having an argument. That Rap crap really is the lazy mans music.

By the way , U2 were awesome!!!

Worst gig - Ugly Kid Joe @ Hordern Pavillion Sydney early 90's. I was offered a free ticket and I was too naive to say no.

Plus Jay Z supporting U2 earlier this week. He was atrocious. I couldn't understand a word he said. At one stage it sounded like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck were having an argument. That Rap crap really is the lazy mans music.

By the way , U2 were awesome!!!

There's a bootleg of the U2 gig at the ANZ Stadium on the 13th of December kicking around the tinternet. If that's the gig you mean, here's the set list

01 Intro (Space Oddity)

02 Return of the Stingray Guitar

03 Beautiful Day

04 I Will Follow

05 Get On Your Boots

06 Magnificent

07 Mysterious Ways

08 Elevation

09 Until The End Of The World

10 Bono speach

11 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for

12 Stuck In A Moment (dedicated to Michael Hutchence)

13 Bad

14 In A Little While

15 Miss Sarajevo

16 City of Blinding Lights

17 Vertigo

18 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

19 Sunday Bloody Sunday (with Jay-Z)

20 Scarlet

21 Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

22 Archbishop Desmond Tutu

23 One

24 Amazing Grace - Where The Streets Have No Name

25 Turn On Your Radio

26 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

27 With Or Without You

28 Bono Good Night Speach

29 Moment of Surrender