Pitch Update?

uberteeb

Given the travel involved for County I'm assuming that the game is going ahead. I think there'd be more cautious wording on the official site if there were doubts. One thing that just could be problematic is the state of the pitch after tonight. Btw does the ref, Steve Conroy, live locally?

He's part of the Edinburgh refs association (or whatever they call it) so not too far away.

What's the crowd like?

Pretty big so far but it's not started yet, I assume it begins at 8 and everyone is cowering in the warmth of the bar. Given Toulouse are the best team going by some way in the Northern Hemisphere I'd imagine the JH will be virtually full.

I'd be there if I had those free vouchers but I'm not going to pay £20 for it. I'd go for a tenner.

Makes me wonder how many half hearted Jags fans (ie the equivalent of me with the Warriors) out there don't go because we charge £17.

Pitch looks in great nick, as for the crowd, considering its one of the Warriors biggest games ever, I would say its disappointing...plenty of empty seats in the JH and no other stands open. My estimate 4500

The weather would have affected the crowd, there was over 5000 the last time they played Toulouse.

Edited by Ancipital

How did the pitch look at the end of the egg chasing?

Watched the QPR v Watford game on council telly channel 2 - cracker of a game, with the English equivalent of the Jags winning 3-1 away to the league leaders QPR - with a team relying heavily on youth and 2nd lowest budget in the league, upsetting all the odds defeating a team who hadnt't lost all season and only conceded 9 goals in something like 18 games so far. If only another team who play in red yellow and black could replicate this :thinking:

Looked OK I suppose, didn't rain during the match which helped. Wasn't cutting up too much at scrum time. The crowd was just under 4,000 although the Beeb have it as 7,500 :thinking:

Thanks, sounds like it should be fine for silky sexy football tomorrow then.

As for the bee bee see ..... they are never wrong, are they ? :crazy::confused1::whistling::bag::ph34r::doh:

Just back - crowd was announced at just under 3,000, but the club were expecting up to about 6,000 (the North stand was ready to be opened - which they only do if they are expecting considerably more than 5,000)

I would think the cold weather, and the uncertainty over the game until this morning, will have affected the crowd badly.

Incidentally, Toulouse are quite possibly the best team to ever play at Firhill (unless I have a mental blank over the time Real Madrid visited ;) ) - it's just a shame James Jones decided to rise to the occassion and give quite possibly the most inept refereeing performance ever seen at Firhill. Only plus point is that all of Europe was watching - surely now the muppet will get sacked?

Pitch was cutting up quite badly around the centre spot at the first scrum, but held up pretty well after that. It's still better than Fir Park ;)

Incidentally, Toulouse are quite possibly the best team to ever play at Firhill (unless I have a mental blank over the time Real Madrid visited ;) ) - it's just a shame James Jones decided to rise to the occassion and give quite possibly the most inept refereeing performance ever seen at Firhill. Only plus point is that all of Europe was watching - surely now the muppet will get sacked?

:o I thought it was against your rules of conduct for you rugger chappies to go and slate a ref. Do you not have to retreat ten paces from your keyboard or something? :unsure:

BBC estimates the crowd at 7500 but official attendance is 3000! Are the Warriors now up to pocketing cash by fiddling gate money? Didn't take them long to learn that old SPL trick.

I take the Warriors got stuffed? Haven't checked. Another point is why don't they start to wear Thistle colours and try to bridge that gap? Is that asking too much?

Take money, go to paddy power, select Toulouse to win (-9.0) at evens, sit back, watch yourself coining it in :D

I'm sure in the stands the ref looked like he was getting it wrong but you could see on the telly that Toulouse were just too dominent in the scrum and he was right to penalise Glasgow for it.

The first scrum right in the centre worried me cause the pitch cut up pretty bad but from then on it wasn't too bad.