Pitch Update?

uberteeb

Anyone living in the lovely surrounds of Firhill had a swatch of the pitch recently? It didn’t look too bad in the paper last week and you’d imagine the egg chasers will have the undersoil heating cranked up to 11 so their live Sky game on Friday goes ahead.

There was a pic in one of the papers yesterday and the pitch was completely covered in snow.

Anyone living in the lovely surrounds of Firhill had a swatch of the pitch recently? It didn’t look too bad in the paper last week and you’d imagine the egg chasers will have the undersoil heating cranked up to 11 so their live Sky game on Friday goes ahead.

Apparently there is a €50,000 fine if the Glasgow-Toulouse game isn't played this weekend! (although it doesn't have to be played at Firhill - no reason it can't be moved to Murrayfield on saturday for example)

Needless to say, the club are apparently fairly confident the game will take place at Firhill - but apparently there is a chance it could be behind closed doors :( (A financial disaster for the club)

Apparently there is a €50,000 fine if the Glasgow-Toulouse game isn't played this weekend! (although it doesn't have to be played at Firhill - no reason it can't be moved to Murrayfield on saturday for example)

Needless to say, the club are apparently fairly confident the game will take place at Firhill - but apparently there is a chance it could be behind closed doors :( (A financial disaster for the club)

Could the Warriors play at Hampden if necessary?

Could the Warriors play at Hampden if necessary?

Logistically, there is no reason why not.

The pitch is big enough (no surprise there), it has held rugby before ect.

But I would be amazed if the SRU were prepared to move there (and pay to rent the ground) instead of using Murrayfield. that would be thinking about the best interests of the fans, and the SRU don't do that..

Something coming up about it on Reporting Scotland BTW

The snow will be kept on the pitch until the very last minute i'd imagine.

It's the only thing keeping the deep frost off the surface and is probably just as effective as the undersoil heating would be, and cheaper.

I think it's the state of the surrounding areas that would be a bigger factor rather than the playing surface.

If thistle had a competitive home match played behind closed doors, I'm fairly sure about 1500 would just turn up. I've never been turned away from a closed door game before.

Edit: turns out my interesting fact [firhill's pitch is bigger than hampden] was an interesting lie.

Edited by PaleGreySky

If thistle had a competitive home match played behind closed doors, I'm fairly sure about 1500 would just turn up. I've never been turned away from a closed door game before.

Edit: turns out my interesting fact [firhill's pitch is bigger than hampden] was an interesting lie.

If the game is played behind closed doors, I probably will just turn up anyway. (IF Glasgow win - and it's a bloody big IF - it would be one of our most famous victories to date. And having already missed the win in Toulouse for no good reason (I am still kicking myself about that) I am not prepared to risk missing another)

And what made you think Firhill's pitch is bigger than Hampden's? the pitch at Hampden I believe is the biggest allowed for international football - and there is enough grass they could easilly make it considerably bigger!)

Right what's the dillio?

Are the egg chasers on tonight and are they letting the crowd in to watch?

Apart from the odd bit of slush and an icey pavement or too the roads seem fine today, safe to assume our game goes ahead tomorrow? As long as someone has bothered to clear the road that goes round to the JH it should be fine, that wee hill would be a nightmare to get down in the dark if it were covered in ice.